• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't open phpMyAdmin

markomax97

Reaction score
I downloaded XAMPP and i have no idea what i was doing... (like i ever do know.. *crying*)
I wanted to change password for "Root" and i changed it on 3 places (one of them was under my IP adress)
I know what password is, but i cant enter it anywhere so it recognizes me.. i can't do nothing about it.
Now i can't open phpMyAdmin where i changed pass in the first place or anything and this is how it looks.
php.png

If anyone know what did i do and how to fix it, please msg me

You can find it here: Your First Open Tibia Server
It's step 2... and there i stucked..
Xampp is used as a test environment and should never be used as a live web host because windows is not a secure operating system. Actually windows emulators can never emulate a live web server.

If you are just looking to setup xampp for testing purposes then download this. Do not try to setup a password, use the default no password. Create the database and import the sql file. Do not change anything in config.lua that says anything about mysql ports or sockets.

Xampp is used as a test environment and should never be used as a live web host because windows is not a secure operating system. Actually windows emulators can never emulate a live web server.

If you are just looking to setup xampp for testing purposes then download this. Do not try to setup a password, use the default no password. Create the database and import the sql file. Do not change anything in config.lua that says anything about mysql ports or sockets.

But i allready changed my password and now i cant locate MySQL trough browser.. things get worse cuz i don't have any privileges whatsoever to do anything right now

If you use Uniserver (which I recommend, btw for new users), if you uninstall and reinstall, it will give you an option to reset default password. Changing root information has led to many a lockout. I know doesnt solve your problem with Xampp, but maybe you can locate the password in the files, since you cannot access it through a browser at the moment.

Look for ( "\xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php") and go change the line $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'whateveryouchangeditto'; where the last excerpt if the password you changed "root" to.

Back