• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

can't put my server online!

ECAl

Reaction score
hi, im trying to run mi ots and well.. im using a web page to create the characters, using "xampp"
i created a ip forwarding in the page of "no-ip"
i opened the ports 7171,7172,80
i checked it on a web page and it confirms that the ports are open
the problem is, when i paste the ip i made in the "config.lua", my friends can get into te web page but it always says "server offline!", they can create their characters and the changes appear on my database, but i cant login using ip changer, neither my friends, i have no idea what im doing wrong, i already make the rules in the fire wall for this 3 ports, please some one help me, i really want to put this baby online and play with my friends, thank you..

tibia: Otserver 10.98 - ByJesusMa
web page: Gesior2012-TFS-1.0

show me how you port forwarded

OH! It'll sound dumb but this worked for me once.. change your global ip address in your config.lua to 127.0.0.1

Last edited:
if you're running on a windows machine, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (make sure you open the file in a text editor that's running in administrator mode, so you can save the hosts file)
at the bottom of your hosts file, type 127.0.0.1 maya-ots.ddns.net
save and try having your friends connect using maya-ots.ddns.net, and you connecting through 127.0.0.1 in your ipchanger.
i did this :

but still, when i run "the forgotten server using the no-ip domain, it appears offline, if i try to login using 127.0.0.1, i can see the char list, but, it wont conect to the game, it results on error

Attachments

show me how you port forwarded

OH! It'll sound dumb but this worked for me once.. change your global ip address in your config.lua to 127.0.0.1

i have done it!, they can enter my web page (pasting my ip) and it appears online, and i can login using 127.0.0.1, but no one can login, the game stays on "loading" and never conects or display the char list

the # inside of the hosts file is for comments, the thing you put means absolutely nothing and will not register because you have a # in front of it
it's like if you try -- print(1) in lua it won't work because -- defines a comment
remove the # in the line you put in hosts file and save and try again

the # inside of the hosts file is for comments, the thing you put means absolutely nothing and will not register because you have a # in front of it
it's like if you try -- print(1) in lua it won't work because -- defines a comment
remove the # in the line you put in hosts file and save and try again

well, now the web says the server is online and it has 1 plaayer online (me) i loged using 127.0.0.1 an im in, but using another computer connected to a different network don't connect, the tibia client stays in "connecting, your character list it's being loaded"

well, now the web says the server is online and it has 1 plaayer online (me) i loged using 127.0.0.1 an im in, but using another computer connected to a different network don't connect, the tibia client stays in "connecting, your character list it's being loaded"
are you using maya-ots or maya-ot?
because in the hosts file you have ots not ot and ots is incorrect for the no-ip domain you registered

because in the hosts file you have ots not ot and ots is incorrect for the no-ip domain you registered
what a stupid mistake on my part lol, well once again, it stays on .conecting.

hmm when i was instaling the ots, in the tutorial i follow, they change file "install" in xampp, i change "127.0.0.1" for "::1", does this affect on something?

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't use xampp so i wouldn't know
but you can try to set it back to 127.0.0.1 anyways but like i said i wouldn't know so i'm not sure if it would affect anything
i can't think of anything else honestly, i've checked your ports too and tried connecting myself, your ports are definitely open and i can't connect
your config.lua looks fine to me and looks exactly the way i have it for my test server (and yes, people can connect to it)

EDIT: have you checked your firewall to ensure that your OTX exe is allowed to communicate publicly with other networks?

i don't use xampp so i wouldn't know
but you can try to set it back to 127.0.0.1 anyways but like i said i wouldn't know so i'm not sure if it would affect anything
i can't think of anything else honestly, i've checked your ports too and tried connecting myself, your ports are definitely open and i can't connect
your config.lua looks fine to me and looks exactly the way i have it for my test server (and yes, people can connect to it)

EDIT: have you checked your firewall to ensure that your OTX exe is allowed to communicate publicly with other networks?

"your OTX .exe is allowed to communicate publicly with other networks" i have no idea how to do it ...

firewall -> allow a program or feature through firewall -> change settings -> allow another app -> search for your exe -> tick the "Public" box -> save

firewall -> allow a program or feature through firewall -> change settings -> allow another app -> search for your exe -> tick the "Public" box -> save
when you say "the .exe" file, you mean "the forgotten server"?, the one i use to run the server? sorry if im being an ignorant

"theforgothenserver" is already on the list of exceptions..
what im about to say might sound desperate, but, can you help me to run a ots in the way you know it will work?
it might already be there but is the public box ticked?
if not the server can't communicate with any other networks other than your own
i'm trying to help you right now with what i know works, so if it doesn't work i'm out of ideas (other than using official TFS, not OTX)

it might already be there but is the public box ticked?
if not the server can't communicate with any other networks other than your own
i'm trying to help you right now with what i know works, so if it doesn't work i'm out of ideas (other than using official TFS, not OTX)

yes, it is ticked, in the box "public"

the last thing i can possibly think of (at least right now) is that maybe you messed something up when editing ports in firewall (you don't even need to do this)
remove what you did
i'm off for the night now, so good luck

the last thing i can possibly think of (at least right now) is that maybe you messed something up when editing ports in firewall (you don't even need to do this)
remove what you did
i'm off for the night now, so good luck

i did it, now all the ports appear closed.. thank you anyway, i appreciate your help thank you so much

Back