• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Change cache folder location - otclientv8

Jeyci

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello

How do i change the location of the cache folder in otcv8?
it's always saved in %appdata% roaming how do i do to make it saves inside my main exe folder?
also how do i change the folder cache name from otclientv8 to my server name?

it's giving me few problems sometimes

thank you in advance

Last edited:
Hello

How do i change the location of the cache folder in otcv8?
it's always saved in %appdata% roaming how do i do to make it saves inside my main exe folder?

thank you in advance
Source edit on client/src/framework/core/resourcemanager.cpp (For the compact name)
or
main.cpp on the line:
C++:
g_logger.setLogFile(compactName + ".log");

should i change compactName or how?
Depending on your end goal, if you want to have them on appdata, yeah, change the name, otherwise change the folder keeping on mind that it's either appdata or your client folder

PD: I haven't done it so far, but know where is located

i don't need to change it's name but need to make it to be created inside my main exe folder. if i do this i need to recompile too? or is there another way?
i need it to be placed in my folder because sometimes it casues problems when people have other otclients installed in their system

Back