• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient OTCv8 is only compatible with Windows 10

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been using my own compiled OTCv8 for a while now, but I just figured out some hours ago that my compiled version of this OTCv8 does not work with any Windows other than Windows 10.

Showing this error here
Code:
The procedure entry point CreateFile2 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I compiled it with:
  • Visual Studio 2022
  • Windows SDK Version: 10.0
  • Platform Toolset: v143
I am trying to compile it now with older Visual Studio, SDK Versions, and Platform Toolsets but getting errors/warnings.
I also thought I might change the optimizations to something other than SSE2, but I figured out that's not the case, Since it's not an old CPU but an old Windows.

Note: Official compiled OTCv8 works with older Windows versions down to like Windows XP, So there must be a way to do it.

So I will keep this here in case someone has a tip or a solution, and in the meantime, I will continue trying myself.

Edit: Errors I am getting with SDK Version: 10.0.18362.0 and Platform Toolset: v142
Code:
OpenAL32.lib(hrtf.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___std_reverse_copy_trivially_copyable_8
fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Last edited:
When I was formatting and installing Windows 10, I couldn't open OTV8 nor MeHah. I tried opening other V8 OTs to no avail. I had to format it three times and still the problem persisted. A few days later I found that I had downloaded a Russian program. I decided to install it and it took a while. It automatically reinstalled corrupted DLLs and installed new ones. It even restarted itself a couple of times. And then I was able to open V8 normally and other OTs as well. So I kept that file until now. I don't know if you will need this program.

Three days ago, I formatted and installed Windows 11 and also installed a Russian program. Opened several programs normally, quiet for now.

Not even windows 11?
I haven't tried, but mostly no.
Three days ago, I formatted and installed Windows 11 and also installed a Russian program. Opened several programs normally, quiet for now.
I am not the one having issues with running the client, It's just a few people who were helping me on tests, I can not ask people to download unknown programs to fix this issue, I would rather ask them to install Windows updates, etc.
Are there even 10 players who still use windows 7 or windows xp? :D49
I don't think so. But yeah, it showed yesterday, so I wanted to find a solution.

I am not the one having issues with running the client, It's just a few people who were helping me on tests, I can not ask people to download unknown programs to fix this issue, I would rather ask them to install Windows updates, etc.
I know, but I ask them to test this program to see if OTClient opens correctly.
in some Microsoft and NET Framework packages, among other things

Last edited:
Back