• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Change Level to Experience

MaR0

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
hello how to change level instead of experience to make level come up caus i wanna make high exp level, level at my server stuck in 65 k in client i want make experience calculate level instead of level how?
thanks

Solution
This should work fine.

C++:
void ProtocolGame::AddPlayerStats(NetworkMessage* msg)
{
    msg->AddByte(0xA0);
    msg->AddU16(player->getHealth());
    msg->AddU16(player->getPlayerInfo(PLAYERINFO_MAXHEALTH));
    msg->AddU16((int32_t)player->getFreeCapacity());

if (player->getLevel() >= 0xFFFF) {
        msg->AddU32(player->getPlayerInfo(PLAYERINFO_LEVEL));
        msg->AddU16(0);
    } else {
        if(player->getExperience() > 0x7FFFFFFF) {
            msg->AddU32(0x7FFFFFFF);
        } else {
            msg->AddU32(player->getExperience());
        }
        msg->AddU16(player->getPlayerInfo(PLAYERINFO_LEVEL));
    }
    msg->AddByte(player->getPlayerInfo(PLAYERINFO_LEVELPERCENT));
    msg->AddU16(player->getMana())...
We'll need some more info to bite our teeth into before we can help you. What is the exact problem you are stumbling upon?
i want edit my max level to 777,777 ok? now level stuck in 65 at client
i have another distro level is converted to experience because exp limit is 889K

hello how to change level instead of experience to make level come up caus i wanna make high exp level, level at my server stuck in 65 k in client i want make experience calculate level instead of level how?
thanks
Reduce the amount of experience needed for the next level, that is the easiest way to to increase the max level.

can you explain with some example please?
Level is gained based on experience, we all know this, the thing most people do not know is that there is a limited range of numbers which can be used for experience, this range is based on a data type, the larger the data type the larger the range which can be used, however when you use larger data types you also use more memory. Not only that but converting data types from one type to another can lead to unexpected results.

So to eliminate or reduce the possibility of error you change the equation which calculates how much experience is needed for the next level. Instead of requiring 100 experience for say level 2 you could reduce the experience need to half that, but then you would have to or at least should scale the experience from monsters by half as well.

In the end it will all be worth it because whatever factor you reduced the experience by is the multiplier of the default max level (within reason)

You guys dont understand him.

At the level info it stops at level 65K or something, here a picture what I mean

23a5a0bdc4705493ac23c69ea9ccd8a8.png

Screenshot - 23a5a0bdc4705493ac23c69ea9ccd8a8 - Gyazo

and he wants to break that limit so it shows up 100.000 or something like that
after u reach level 65.353 or something it resets back to 1.
here a gif:
Screen capture - f624085efc2cf0a056a4292acefcdc02 - Gyazo

You guys dont understand him.

At the level info it stops at level 65K or something, here a picture what I mean

23a5a0bdc4705493ac23c69ea9ccd8a8.png

Screenshot - 23a5a0bdc4705493ac23c69ea9ccd8a8 - Gyazo

and he wants to break that limit so it shows up 100.000 or something like that
after u reach level 65.353 or something it resets back to 1.
here a gif:
Screen capture - f624085efc2cf0a056a4292acefcdc02 - Gyazo
I do understand but unfortunately you & @MaR0 didn't comprehend the explanation i gave about breaking the limit.

Back