• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Change Skills to Attributes

Keru

Entrepreneur
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Im using 1.x(1.3 latest) and looking to change how skills work right now, and change the sword, club, axe, etc.
I want to change into something similar to D&D style.
I would like to create something in which all attributes would constitute to the power output of say attack/ability.
Ex.
Short Bow
(item/weapon) uses ((STRENGTH/2)+Dexterity) to calculate the damage.

And similar to D&D you gain a fixed amount of attributes points per level, but I want to keep the progression per play time so you can also gain tries same as right now.

TL;DR:
1.x(1.3 latest)
Want to change skills into attributes, and each attribute influence things diferent, and some wepons or spells use convined ATTR to the formula. and gain attributes per level.

Last edited:
There are many way's you can go about this that don't require source edit.

That's why the interfaces are there, check this link for all of them for 1.2+

[TFS 1.2] All main interface functions

How you want to go about it is up to you, but what you are talking about is a whole system coded from ground up.

You can't just come on here and think it's that easy to get such a thing without either putting in work or paying. That's just how the world works man.

This community is still a good community to learn and thrive from, which is what I personally recommend. You can also find talent here that will be willing to make such a thing tailored to your needs for their costs.

Either way it goes, you can check the boards, there is no such system that covers all of that or even close that has been released. That's private work stuff there :D

I wasn't expecting to be easy, and I been longer in the community than you man.
Not to be a jerk tho.
And I did put the request in paying board...
Just not many replays on the things I'm more interested in so trying luck here

Ohh and your point on money kinda of goes against the rules.
Rule #9

--EDIT--
AFTER RE READING I find it annoying that for an open Community lots of things are closed...

Last edited:
Ohh and your point on money kinda of goes against the rules.
Rule #9

I didn't offer shit. I don't have the time to do my own work, not gonna waste time trying to negotiate doing it for others. That was not an offer.

As for being here longer than me, that was my fault. I didn't even look at your join date. I guess just from what it was you were asking for is what I based my reply off of.

I didn't know you had an offer out there on the paid board or w/e, I again was basing my reply off of what you were asking for.

Back