• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cheap Domain?

Nux

Yzeria Custom War
Reaction score
Hi Guys, well I have thought about to buy a .net domain for my server and i really dont know where, do you guys have any ideas where the best place to buy a .net domain?.. which is easy to control and cheap ?..

Use no-ip.com, they cost $15 for a year.

GoDaddy is the perfect choice if you enjoy having ads shoved in your face and using the world's worst control panel ever.

Fuck them. Use Namecheap.

Wtf lol? If you use godaddy hosting, which is free you will get some godaddy ads...But you dont have to use godaddy hosting ^^ .. take free one instead.

Wtf lol? If you use godaddy hosting, which is free you will get some godaddy ads...But you dont have to use godaddy hosting ^^ .. take free one instead.
To quote you, "wtf lol"? Have you ever even bought a domain at GoDaddy?

GoDaddy is seriously one of the worst companies I've ever bought something from. During the process of registering a domain they will shove adverts for everything from hosting plans to additional domains to your face - "buy this and that for over 30% off!". This is total bullshit - I don't get this with any other registrar. After we've finally gotten through pages of ads and "special offers" we get to buy the domain, so let's change the nameservers to our webhost of choice.

So we enter GoDaddy's user control panel. We are greeted by a completely over-engineered piece of rubbish that is both slow and difficult to navigate.

Let's change the nameservers. But before the control panel does that, there's a completely unnecessary step where they try to shove their oversold hosting plans into my face. "Don't go - save 10% on our hosting plans!"

I've already bought hosting elsewhere and you know that's why I'm changing my nameservers.

Due to the massive amount of bullshit they try to shove in my face I tried to transfer a domain off them half a year back. Unfortunately I was foolish enough to update my whois details before transferring, and GoDaddy locked my domain for 3 additional months on their service. This is just a completely shady and unreasonable business practice. I had to wait three months to transfer my domain because I changed a fucking e-mail address.

Fortunately, after the 3 month period there was still a month to the domain's expiration date, so I didn't need to give any more money to this godawful domain registrar. I transferred to NameCheap and have been happy ever since.

In summary: sorry, but GoDaddy sucks. And so does the font you use.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, im using namecheap, and it feels pretty well using it, easy to control etc.. and it was cheap. 9$ for a .net domain

To quote you, "wtf lol"? Have you ever even bought a domain at GoDaddy?

GoDaddy is seriously one of the worst companies I've ever bought something from. During the process of registering a domain they will shove adverts for everything from hosting plans to additional domains to your face - "buy this and that for over 30% off!". This is total bullshit - I don't get this with any other registrar. After we've finally gotten through pages of ads and "special offers" we get to buy the domain, so let's change the nameservers to our webhost of choice.

So we enter GoDaddy's user control panel. We are greeted by a completely over-engineered piece of rubbish that is both slow and difficult to navigate.

Let's change the nameservers. But before the control panel does that, there's a completely unnecessary step where they try to shove their oversold hosting plans into my face. "Don't go - save 10% on our hosting plans!"

Fuck you, I've already bought hosting elsewhere and you know that's why I'm changing my nameservers.

Due to the massive amount of bullshit they try to shove in my face I tried to transfer a domain off them half a year back. Unfortunately I was foolish enough to update my whois details before transferring, and GoDaddy locked my domain for 3 additional months on their service. This is just a completely shady and unreasonable business practice. I had to wait three months to transfer my domain because I changed a fucking e-mail address.

Fortunately, after the 3 month period there was still a month to the domain's expiration date, so I didn't need to give any more money to this godawful domain registrar. I transferred to NameCheap and have been happy ever since.

In summary: sorry, but GoDaddy sucks. And so does the font you use.

I'm not going to read this whole roman... Yes, i bought domain from godaddy, and i still have it. Unfortunately, godaddy is one of the best domain seller...They have the best support, they are 24/7 avable for calling, to help you with everythinig...have to go sorry..bye :D

I'm not going to read this whole roman...
Then why the fuck do you even bother to post here if you have little interest in participating in the discussion at all?
Yes, i bought domain from godaddy, and i still have it. Unfortunately, godaddy is one of the best domain seller...They have the best support, they are 24/7 avable for calling, to help you with everythinig...have to go sorry..bye :D
If you'd actually get off your lazy ass and bother to read what I've told you you'd be surprised to see how awful GoDaddy is. But if taking a minute of your time to read through my post is too much for you, I can only wonder how far you will get in life, loser.

Then why the fuck do you even bother to post here if you have little interest in participating in the discussion at all?

If you'd actually get off your lazy ass and bother to read what I've told you you'd be surprised to see how awful GoDaddy is. But if taking a minute of your time to read through my post is too much for you, I can only wonder how far you will get in life, loser.

xD i love you too :wub: have a nice day :D

Back