• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cheesy movement problem

Rotflturion

I like Toes
Reaction score
Hello.

I have got the OTClient lately, and I have noticed a small [big actually] problem - the movement.
There seems to be no batching whatsoever, and the movement is really jittery - in the default Tibia client, you can press UP and then RIGHT immediately after, and the character will go up, and then go right. In the OT client, you have to actually WAIT until the character changes position to up, and the movement animation finished before you can press RIGHT - otherwise the press does not even register and the character stays in place.

For me personally it makes things unplayable - if I can not have reliable movement, hunting anything will become a roulette - I either manage to dodge something by luck OR the character will just stand there and receive a fire fart to the face, even tho I did press the movement buttons.

Is there a fix for that? Did anyone else experience that problem?

Hello.

I have got the OTClient lately, and I have noticed a small [big actually] problem - the movement.
There seems to be no batching whatsoever, and the movement is really jittery - in the default Tibia client, you can press UP and then RIGHT immediately after, and the character will go up, and then go right. In the OT client, you have to actually WAIT until the character changes position to up, and the movement animation finished before you can press RIGHT - otherwise the press does not even register and the character stays in place.

For me personally it makes things unplayable - if I can not have reliable movement, hunting anything will become a roulette - I either manage to dodge something by luck OR the character will just stand there and receive a fire fart to the face, even tho I did press the movement buttons.
I think most of us are aware of the poor performance of the otclient but that is the issues that you deal with when you are using free software.
Is there a fix for that?
You could learn C++ and try to fix it yourself.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm a C# programmer - I guess creating a two step command queue for the movement would take a moment, and learning C++ just for that does not sound like fun - I will eventually learn it, as I will need to edit the sources of the server and client, I was merely asking if anyone experienced the problem as well and found a fix for it :)

Thanks for the reply!

I'm a C# programmer - I guess creating a two step command queue for the movement would take a moment, and learning C++ just for that does not sound like fun - I will eventually learn it, as I will need to edit the sources of the server and client, I was merely asking if anyone experienced the problem as well and found a fix for it :)
I feel your pain, I keep saying to myself I am going to work on the otclient source to fix the animation bugs but never find the time to do it. ;) I guess it just because I am working on more important things atm.

The structure is quite different when it comes down to a comparison between a c# program vs a c++ program. C++ offers a versatility when you speak of available systems to run a c++ program. C# is advancing on this end, and becoming more and more versatile. If you are a C# programmer, then you should be reasonably confident when solving problems. This is more of a question of solving a problem and the analytical skills that comes with it rather than knowing a language to explicitly write code. After all, programming and computer science is NOT about writing down code or implementing something in a programming language. A programming language is just a tool for the programmer/computer scientist in order to be able to express what the person wishes to explicitly tell the computer to do.

The process behind learning a language enables you to widen your level of problem solving, so that's what I'd recommend you to do if you seem unsure. Otherwise, if you feel confident you can start getting a more in-depth understanding of the engine running this client out of a code-perspective at least. Break down the problem in smaller part-problems and you should eventually find the core of the issue causing this uncomfortable gameplay that you're expressing.

My recommendation when or if you are approaching the day that you are gonna learn c++ is that you should consider looking at it out of a wider perspective. See it as a tool, and let computer science be the overhead. Might be difficult to process your learning at a high level of abstraction, but your understanding will be more efficient than just accepting everything in a book or tutorial.

If you're actually interested in a solution, I'd like to point you towards their "official site", their github repo.

@Rotflturion what i've written below is not meant for you so you don't have to spend any time reading it (if you don't want to that is).

@Forrest (codex) I'm not interested in your view of my post or anything in this thread or anything on OTLand. You have said your final words about this community but you keep on lingering back here. Don't waste your time on replying to this post since I won't be able to read it:

https://gyazo.com/0b4926d52203bf269e64b61e6c5bbb95
https://gyazo.com/1b747946393f387ddf00c71b7f9e8940

If you knew anything about networking or encryption you'd understand that TOR isn't that great of a tool after all. Might be difficult to get that through your old-arrogant-40-year-old-brain.

Thanks Tokenzz, I am planning to learn C++ at some point, but I won't have spare two weeks of time until the next year [spent all the off days this year at work, so ...] - I did try messing with the code and getting to know how does it work, tho it uses structures unknown for me at this point and it's kind of like trying to read a book partially in another language - doable, can make sense of it but it's awkward and takes a lot of time.

I will try browsing their official repo, might find something interesting in there - the movement is really killing it for me, I'm surprised this issue has not been already adressed ... :)

@Xeraphus let me clarify my statement for you since you seem to have trouble with the simple. @tokenzz recorded himself placing me on ignore and made a big thing about it in his post because he wanted everyone to know he was ignoring me. There is a handful of you on here that are nothing but trolls, you guys should start acting your age instead of like little children.

You guys might think you are hotshots on otland but we all know you are nobodies in real life, nothing going for you but this forum and your little troll friends on discord beyond that people in your real life could careless about you. No need to deny that you aren't losers it shows in your condescending attitudes.

You guys might think you are hotshots on otland but we all know you are nobodies in real life, nothing going for you but this forum and your little troll friends on discord beyond that people in your real life could careless about you. No need to deny that you aren't losers it shows in your condescending attitudes.
Didn't know you were talking about yourself :). Fyi, I'm currently quite happy with my current situation in life. We have our equivalent universities of your "ivy league colleges" one being Chalmers University of Technology which I'm currently attending and majoring in Computer Science.

Last edited:
Back