• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CIPSOFT 7.72 Project

@GM Kraken
People will have to put some more effort of making cash instead of bashing sds all over the map. As well the wars will be more interesting, whenever you got a limited amount of runes. In this way this will cause also a balance between characters, because mages wont use that many sds. Other thing is this will keep a aspect of long term gameplay instead of just leveling up. It is simple if less runes you can buy then less actions you can make in game, this step will cause players to make runes and trade between eachother.

Mana fluids also should be double price

@GM Kraken
People will have to put some more effort of making cash instead of bashing sds all over the map. As well the wars will be more interesting, whenever you got a limited amount of runes. In this way this will cause also a balance between characters, because mages wont use that many sds. Other thing is this will keep a aspect of long term gameplay instead of just leveling up. It is simple if less runes you can buy then less actions you can make in game, this step will cause players to make runes and trade between eachother.

Mana fluids also should be double price
Well, I see the point on your words. Runes an manafluids were added to shops ingame in RL Tibia for a reason, mainly to avoid runefarms and to get a stable economy ingame.
Your idea is very interesting, I'm going to add it on trello board to get feedback from our team and beta testers.

Most 7.72 servers have double charged runes for conjure spells, we have RL charges.
Maybe double price of runes in shops sounds too much in advance, but it can help to get a long term server without resets.
Let's see what other people think about that.

This sounds really interesting and as a great projekt. I really love the idea of it.
Any updates in the progress?

You can absolutely count me in, and I would love to be a part of an eventual closed/open-beta, without anything in return.

Basicly, this server is based in my old server (released here by someone).
Why I'm saying that ?

Because all of those "oldschool servers" has now the Pits of Inferno Quest, and I'm the one who converted to 7.6/7.7

@tarantonio

If you need help, add my Skype: rodrigo.sales.paixao

Basicly, this server is based in my old server (released here by someone).
Why I'm saying that ?

Because all of those "oldschool servers" has now the Pits of Inferno Quest, and I'm the one who converted to 7.6/7.7

@tarantonio

If you need help, add my Skype: rodrigo.sales.paixao

Thanks in advance for you offer.

The server is not based on anything you know, we use a Cipsoft to opentibia conversion to work with all the usual stuff in those servers, was a hard work coding it but now we have a working engine.

We want to let you know that this project is currently on development, we are near completion but we want to keep it invitation only.
We have now enough family & friends to have a decent play experience on a populated server daily (150-300 players online everyday, perfect for 7.72 map)
All of them are old school players, and the server is something close to the Antica 2004-2006 years, we don't want to break that feeling.
We have more than a game, we have a social playground to chat and get fun together, epic battles, epic hunts.
I hope you will understand our reasons to keep it that way.

We are still thinking about to release a working version for free in the future. I'll keep you updated.

We want to let you know that this project is currently on development, we are near completion but we want to keep it invitation only.
We have now enough family & friends to have a decent play experience on a populated server daily (150-300 players online everyday, perfect for 7.72 map)
All of them are old school players, and the server is something close to the Antica 2004-2006 years, we don't want to break that feeling.
We have more than a game, we have a social playground to chat and get fun together, epic battles, epic hunts.
I hope you will understand our reasons to keep it that way.

We are still thinking about to release a working version for free in the future. I'll keep you updated.

Forgot all about this discussion since I quit all OT basically but now i'm back. I was awaiting an invitation to this and hoping to try it out. Maybe now I can do that? ;o

Was looking forward to this, but can see where you're coming from. Good luck with further development. :)

You should do some type of event or promotion to get some of the Otland players on to try it... Give some feedback and shit

Two more words on this project.

I am hosting the server on my datacenter, we decided to keep it in invitation mode because the closed beta was almost perfect for us.
We had like 50-60 oldschool betatesters. Due to their help, the server is now 95% done.
We are now implementing little things that include: adjusts to vocations balance, daily spawns related to 7.72 era, recoding monsters behaviour, ..
Those people have close friends and family who wanted to play here, and we reached like 150 players daily during beta.
We sent like 300 invitations to old RL tibia friends. The response was amazing. Like 150 of them joined the server almost instantly.
We have now like 250-350 players online on server everyday, perfect for a 7.72 map.
We only accept new players if you have been invited by an actual player of the server.
We are all friends, there is no need to set rules. All of us play here for fun, there is no shop or donations.
We don't need money, all members of the staff have decent jobs and we can maintain the server without problems. We have installed the server on my datacenter for free with no time limit, so it costs us nothing.
We don't want to break that situation.
We wanted to contribute to this OT community with open source server, but what we found is a market, people running servers only to make money, no sense of community, no server to play with a future (there are exceptions of course, but focused on money)
Now, we have what we want.
Maybe if this changes in the future, we will contribute with our knowledge and our work.

Back