• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Client Crash After Login | TFS 1.5 Downgrade Nekiro

iNux

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm currently using GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades at 8.0 (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.0), the issue I have is everytime I login to a character made it crashes the client.

I directly inject the SQL instead of creating it through a website, this is how I do it.

SQL:
INSERT INTO `players` (
  `name`, `group_id`, `account_id`, `level`, `vocation`, `health`, `healthmax`,
  `experience`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`, `looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`,
  `direction`, `maglevel`, `mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `town_id`,
  `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `cap`, `sex`, `lastlogin`, `lastip`, `save`,
  `skull`, `skulltime`, `lastlogout`, `blessings`, `onlinetime`, `deletion`,
  `balance`, `offlinetraining_time`, `offlinetraining_skill`, `stamina`, `skill_fist`,
  `skill_fist_tries`, `skill_axe`, `skill_axe_tries`, `skill_club`, `skill_club_tries`,
  `skill_sword`, `skill_sword_tries`, `skill_dist`, `skill_dist_tries`, `skill_shielding`,
  `skill_shielding_tries`, `skill_fishing`, `skill_fishing_tries`, `conditions`
)
VALUES (
  'Tester', 6, 1, 8, 1, 185, 185, 4200, 114, 94, 114, 94, 75, 0,
  3, 0, 90, 90, 0, 100, 1, 1020, 1025, 7, 470, 1, 1705985546, 553652855, 1,
  0, 0, 1705985565, 0, 614804, 0, 0, 43200, 0, 2520, 10, 0, 10, 0,
  10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, 10, 0, ''
);

The character tester appears in the character list by entering 1/1. But when I select the character it logins into the game server as it shows in the console that the character has logged in but the client 8.0 crashes for me.

This is the client error that appears:

1719759281234.png

Test it with OTCv8. If it get any invalid packet, it will report it in file packets.log, not crash client. Post content of that packets.log after login.

Thank you, I was able to log in and move with the admin character. The first thing I noticed was this:

1719836714591.png

This indicates why the client has been crashing all the time. I have also included the packet.log for you to see. I'm wondering if it has to do with server items.otbm?

Otland does not allow me to attach a log file, so I'll just make it as a gist.

Last edited:
I was able to log in and move with the admin character. The first thing I noticed was this:
It for sure showed some error in OTC console (CTRL+T in OTC to open it) and generated packets.log. You did not include packets.log in post.

items.otb must be compatible with Tibia.dat in client.

It for sure showed some error in OTC console (CTRL+T in OTC to open it) and generated packets.log. You did not include packets.log in post.

items.otb must be compatible with Tibia.dat in client.
I couldn't attach the packets.log in otland so I created a gist instead.

packets.log
Looks like something wrong with items.otb or Tibia.dat; or this server is not 8.0 protocol, but a lot of people used it for 8.0 and it worked for them.
Information, if item is stackable/is rune/has changes must be the same in items.otb and Tibia.dat. It's used in Tibia protocol (send extra bytes about stack/charges).
If it's problem with some not popular item, you can try to move your character to town temple. Edit it in database and set posx to 0. On next login, server will teleport you to town temple.

Looks like something wrong with items.otb or Tibia.dat; or this server is not 8.0 protocol, but a lot of people used it for 8.0 and it worked for them.
Information, if item is stackable/is rune/has changes must be the same in items.otb and Tibia.dat. It's used in Tibia protocol (send extra bytes about stack/charges).
If it's problem with some not popular item, you can try to move your character to town temple. Edit it in database and set posx to 0. On next login, server will teleport you to town temple.

I did as you told me, set the posx to 0. This is the result, the god character was then moved into the template and this is what I see.

1719838872479.png

Perhaps it has to do with the actual tibia8.0 and it's spr and dat files that I use? Maybe I should try and download another client? Do you have any client archives, especially one for Tibia 8.0?

Going further more I tried to open the map with RME, This is an error I receive:

1719839160041.png

When clicking yes, this is what I see on the RME:

1719839201703.png

Just a quick question: Did you downgrade your SPR and DAT files, for example, from a higher version like 8.6 to 8.0? If so, did you remember to perform a 'reload all attributes' due to errors, black screen, etc.? Yes, it's necessary to only reload attributes through the item editor. This way, your OTB will become 8.0 and will be compatible with your DAT file, allowing you to log in without experiencing a black screen. If you downloaded the original SPR and DAT files along with the original items.otb, it's a different matter... Oh, I can't explain it well.

Last edited:
Just a quick question: Did you downgrade your SPR and DAT files, for example, from a higher version like 8.6 to 8.0? If so, did you remember to perform a 'reload all attributes' due to errors, black screen, etc.? Yes, it's necessary to only reload attributes through the item editor. This way, your OTB will become 8.0 and will be compatible with your DAT file, allowing you to log in without experiencing a black screen. If you downloaded the original SPR and DAT files along with the original items.otb, it's a different matter... Oh, I can't explain it well.

I took the Tibia 8.0 client from GitHub - Brunowots/RealMap-Global-8.0-TFS-1.2 (https://github.com/Brunowots/RealMap-Global-8.0-TFS-1.2)

If you scroll down a little bit you might see this.
1719840652390.png

I clicked Tibia Client, that is where I got it, perhaps you're right about it using different spr or dat? I couldn't find any other way to download Tibia 8.0 client beside that one.

I did further investigation and noticed that I had changed the source code applying changes that were done for the 8.6 Nekiro Downgrade. These changes, TFS A* Algorithm :D (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-a-algorithm-d.282100/page-8#post-2750689)

I'm not certain which of those changes caused the client to crash and use a different protocol. I assume it must be something that would alter the Protocol.cpp file. I will investigate further to find out what caused this. Perhaps you know anything about what changed to have this effect? @ralke @Itutorial

Perhaps it was this @Gesior.pl

Last edited: