• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ [8.0 dg by nekiro] [TFS 1.5] Walking lag/delay

Hashcube

Reaction score
Hello community! 🫡

Walking with arrows or map click results with the same behavior - character stops for a very short moment and then moves forward. It happens very often with some short moments of absence (usually out of town).
It happens both on cipsoft client and otc, and only when map is big.
It doesn't happen on tfs original map or any other relatively small map.

Local VM: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS, 8 GB RAM, 2 cores 3,7 GHz. I am the only player on the server (Btw I reinstalled VM already a few times, and the issue is still occuring).
Maps used for testing: my custom map and RL map from this thread and both result with the same walking issue.
For the purpose of testing I used only clean repos with following results:
tfs 1.5 dg 8.0 by nekiro - walking issue on big map
tfs 1.5 dg 8.6 by nekiro continued by millhiorebt - walking issue on big map
tfs 1.4 10.98 - 0 issues, works perfect

I'm wondering if this problem is somehow connection related. When I run tfs 1.4 10.98 then OTC properly shows the ping and the game is going ultra smoothly. When I run tfs 1.5 dg by nekiro then OTC for some reason doesn't show ping at all and the problem with moving starts to happen.

Hello community! 🫡

Walking with arrows or map click results with the same behavior - character stops for a very short moment and then moves forward. It happens very often with some short moments of absence (usually out of town).
It happens both on cipsoft client and otc, and only when map is big.
It doesn't happen on tfs original map or any other relatively small map.

Local VM: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS, 8 GB RAM, 2 cores 3,7 GHz. I am the only player on the server (Btw I reinstalled VM already a few times, and the issue is still occuring).
Maps used for testing: my custom map and RL map from this thread and both result with the same walking issue.
For the purpose of testing I used only clean repos with following results:
tfs 1.5 dg 8.0 by nekiro - walking issue on big map
tfs 1.5 dg 8.6 by nekiro continued by millhiorebt - walking issue on big map
tfs 1.4 10.98 - 0 issues, works perfect

I'm wondering if this problem is somehow connection related. When I run tfs 1.4 10.98 then OTC properly shows the ping and the game is going ultra smoothly. When I run tfs 1.5 dg by nekiro then OTC for some reason doesn't show ping at all and the problem with moving starts to happen.
I have this same problem

What is the weight of your map?
I have 8.00 with 30 mb map. Not happen
8.00 nekiro | mehah
My custom map is 31 MB, and real map around 90 MB. But it's not really about the size but rather than size + the combination of other factors. I have another custom map weighing 36 MB, but it is much more simplier, less types of objects, created quickly just to fill the free space for the purpose of testing and the problem with walking delay doesn't occur there. But as soon as I switch again to my much more detailed map or RL map then the issue with walking comes back.

Wouldn't it be here?
will try this out
Post automatically merged:

Many lines of this code before commit was done, are not present in tfs 1.5 dg 8.0 by nekiro.
So i don't know what is this but definitely not the solution :D

Last edited:
will try this out
Post automatically merged:

Many lines of this code before commit was done, are not present in tfs 1.5 dg 8.0 by nekiro.
So i don't know what is this but definitely not the solution :D
I've been trying to resolve this for days and I haven't come up with any solution.

imagine that now the map has countless monsters, items, actions etc happening... the problem is not in walking, but in the optimization of some function within tfs that has not been done, so you need to hire a programmer to optimize your tfs. and that is expensive.

imagine that now the map has countless monsters, items, actions etc happening... the problem is not in walking, but in the optimization of some function within tfs that has not been done, so you need to hire a programmer to optimize your tfs. and that is expensive.
Stop misleading people into scam services
Wouldn't it be here?
Thats right, this is the correct answer.

I am not deceiving anyone with fraudulent services, nor do I offer services. and I also don't understand your anger with me, what's the matter with me?

The only thing I'm saying here is that you might need a programmer to find the problem, certain things here you can't find for free. but I do not offer services. I'm not a programmer. I'm an administrator, I pay them to do it for me.

I don't even need to say anything... people speak for themselves

1711553131453.png

Last edited:
Thats right, this is the correct answer.
How so? First change doesn't match tfs1.5 dg by nekiro 8.0. It says to remove player->stopWalk(); from actions.cpp. And there is not player->stopWalk(); in actions.cpp. I checked some further changes and a lot of them don't match as well.

0 monsters and 0 npcs are spawned on the map. I am the only player on the server. Literally nothing is going on. You want to tell me that the code can't handle one player moving on the map?

Most likely wrong speed formula, otc/cip client calculates its own speed duration, if it doesnt match the tfs one you can feel it like a lag, because server/client wont let you take a step before the time passes.

Last edited:
I'm not a programmer. I'm an administrator, I pay them to do it for me.
So stop advising like you were one.
You suggest that someone "optimize" something that you are completely oblivious to, you suggest someone spends money on something that is not a problem here.
Stop cherrypicking posts that fits your narrative. Follow this in more general manner and you will stop making life hard for yourself.

Most likely wrong speed formula, otc/cip client calculates its own speed duration, if it doesnt match the tfs one you can feel it like a lag, because server/client wont let you take a step before the time passes.
That is also possible, the commit I suggested will partially fix that issue even if you broke it during the downgrade.
But of course, it's better to fix the origin.

How so? First change doesn't match tfs1.5 dg by nekiro 8.0. It says to remove player->stopWalk(); from actions.cpp. And there is not player->stopWalk(); in actions.cpp. I checked some further changes and a lot of them don't match as well.
Nothing meaningful changed there. Changing the formula or applying the commit takes basic C++/git knowledge.
I suggest you hire someone trustworthy to do it for you.

Last edited:
Back