• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OTClient's latest source with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

How odd. There are no executable files in there. Only Libraries and Include files that come straight from Edubart.

It must be a false positive, and yes they work for the current version.

That's what I found to be extremely odd. If there isn't no executable code in there, why is chrome blocking it? Anyways clicked on learn more and it says that according to the message I got, I most definitely tried to download malware... Anyways since it is blocked, I can't download it, and I'm not going to sacrifice my security from chrome and use another browser to get the libs.... Soooo anychance I could get that zip off of you by another means?

That's what I found to be extremely odd. If there isn't no executable code in there, why is chrome blocking it? Anyways clicked on learn more and it says that according to the message I got, I most definitely tried to download malware... Anyways since it is blocked, I can't download it, and I'm not going to sacrifice my security from chrome and use another browser to get the libs.... Soooo anychance I could get that zip off of you by another means?

Try this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y13qwk94hu3b9w6/otclient-msvc13-libs.zip

Thank you very much for this, greatly appreciated! :)

Any possibility for you to include how to do this with Forgotten Map Editor?

Last edited:
Since no one has done a tutorial for compiling OTC here on OTland and I would like to see OTC be more popular here goes a little tutorial on compiling it.

I am going to assume that you know at least some basic stuff about MSVC if you dont, as practice I recommend you follow this tutorial first to get the hang of things.
1. Lets get our compiler includes and libs.

2. Now that we have the source and libs lets put them in the correct places.

2.1 Add the libs to your C:/ drive.
Nq7cAeP.png

Its best if you put it in your C:/ drive because the .vcxproj defaults the libs to the C drive. This will save you lots of time because you dont have to manually link all of the includes and libs.

2.2 Extract the source wherever you want. I extracted it to my OT Stuff folder.

3. Open up the solution with MSVC 2013
BZQWSXJ.png

4. Now lets set up the properties.
NFDbvOz.png

5. Now select the correct config:
Z0gg5nn.png

6. Now here it might get a bit confusing so pay attention.
6.1 If you extracted the libs to your D:/ drive you only need to add this to your includes:
2uNeKUf.png

And this to your libs.
A2DWZaq.png

6.2 But if you extracted the libs elsewhere you must add these dirs as well.
This is for the includes:
ajITqpu.png

And this for the libs:
3UDEPeq.png

6. Now hit apply and let the files parse, this is automatic.
flvyBKx.png

7. Once it is
mbJWC7w.png
you can rebuild the files.

8. Now you might get a waring or two but that is expected, so long it succeeds you're ok.

9. Now you have your EXE, get the dlls here.

And there you have it you just compiled OTClient's latest source.

Thanks to @edubart for developing OTC, to @Dalkon for adding MSVC compilation files, and to @conde2 for fixing up the source so that it is compatible with MSVC's compiler.

Enjoy!

Great tutorial thanks!

Put this folder on C:\:
https://mega.co.nz/#!mJ9kGDyC!LQJoIdY_rRrgJb9By5sSbP8j6iQ8UyNjxqPYcfs1JSo

You should not have problems with this libs (I used it).

Thanks for the updated boost libs I was able to successfully compile it

Im trying my hand at compiling and I keep getting errors as soon as I open the slm file with visual studio 2013.
It immediately goes to error cannot find localized resources.
When the pages loads after that it shows the file but it has 0 projects and says is incompatable

What am I doing wrong?

Im trying my hand at compiling and I keep getting errors as soon as I open the slm file with visual studio 2013.
It immediately goes to error cannot find localized resources.
When the pages loads after that it shows the file but it has 0 projects and says is incompatable

What am I doing wrong?

Did you download everything? All the files? Or just the sln?

Show me a picture.

I have full version VS 2013, downloaded the source and libs from your links, put source and lib in my C drive same spot as you did. When I goto the vc12 folder and open the otclient.sln file with my VS 2013, my VS gives an error box which says ---> Cant find localized resources <---
I have to click ok on that box to see my VS page.The solutions explorer shows ---> Solution 'otclient' (0 projects) <--- and on a tabbed line under that it says ---> otclient (incompatible)<---
If I hover my mouse over the otclient (incompatible) line, it gives a info window and says --->The application is not installed<---

Sorry I cant upload any files right now, at the end of my months bandwidth but hopefully this will be enough info for you to use to help me out

Thanks

Sounds like you may have installed the wrong version of MSVC. Make sure you install Microsoft Visual Studio for Visual C++

I got problem to activte directx. Im using Visual Studio Community 2013. I dont get any errors either.

Solved.
I've another problem.
Unable to load dat file

ERROR: Failed to read dat '/game_things/tibia.dat': a thing type has more than 4096 sprites'

Last edited:
FYI:
I had a problem with the linking using the latest source, the following include files could not be found:
Code:
#include <al.h>
#include <alc.h>
This is solved by either putting <AL/al.h> and <AL/alc.h> or you can extend the include by OpenAL/include/AL

Back