• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OTClient's latest source with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

@EvilSkillz i tested those and it didnt wotk.

getting this errors now
Error 1 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\effect.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 2 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\game.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 3 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\animatedtext.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 4 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\creatures.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 5 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\container.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 6 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\creature.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 7 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\animator.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 8 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\client.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 9 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\houses.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 10 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\item.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 11 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\itemtype.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 12 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\lightview.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 13 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\localplayer.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 14 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\luafunctions.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 15 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\luavaluecasts.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
Error 16 error C4996: 'WSASocketA': Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (..\src\client\map.cpp) D:\hämtade filer\otclient-msvc13-libs\boost_1_55_0\include\boost\asio\detail\impl\socket_ops.ipp 1346 1 otclient
and i have get it to success before like 6 mouth ago dont remmber how just.
someone out there that can help with teamviwer?

Hello guys, I've tried thousands of times with lots of combinations, using VS2015 and VS2013, lots of versions of bost and everytime I got a bunch of erros.

The only set of libs that really worked (or at least looked like it was working) was VS2013 + boost 1.59.0.0

Everything was building fine until the very end, when I got this error message:

cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc120-mt-1_59.lib'

Can someone explain me or tell me how to solve it? I'm out of ideas to keep trying.

Just remembering : with ms2013 and boost 1.59 I didn't even get a warning message, nothing, just this error at the very end.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Reup of otclient-msvc13-libs.zip on OtlandCloud:
Click here!
1zUe2fb.png

Im have this errors :
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: otclient, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option '/arch:SSE2'
1> animatedtext.cpp

And this:

Error 7 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'al.h': No such file or directory (..\src\framework\core\graphicalapplication.cpp) c:\otclient-master\src\framework\sound\declarations.h 30

one error says "al.h" cannot be found. Rebuild failed. File declarations.h is trying to access al.h but cannot.

SOLVED: by reading through comments.

Last edited:
one error says "al.h" cannot be found. Rebuild failed. File declarations.h is trying to access al.h but cannot.
Install boost through installer, you will be sure it have installed all the necessary files :)

Dx9 Support Layer
If you would like to enable the dx9 support layer for otclient you need to compile with -DOPENGLES=2.0. Now otclient.exe will ask for libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll which you can gethere, place these dlls with the otclient.exe folder.

Did anyone successfully compile the lastest version? Latest version has 10.93 support and some nice fixes. Maybe slow animations and "walk-standing" animation is fixed aswell!

mvsc libs are down! Can someone reupload them? Thanks!

Could someone reupload MVSC libs?

--- Edited ---
Sorry, I didn't read carefuly. I found it :)

Last edited:
Would also appreciate if the Libs were reuploaded, the file in OtLand Cloud isnt there

Back