• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OTClient's latest source with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

Using the latest OTClient sdk

Code:
Error    907    error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc120-mt-1_63.lib'

Using the latest OTClient sdk

Code:
Error    907    error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc120-mt-1_63.lib'
where did you downloaded that pack? i compiled it like 1 week ago
edit: take a look at the conde2 otclient lib, those libraries are for visual2013 thats why the vc120, you will have to download the boost 1_6_3 pack for visual 2013
edit2:
32x and 64x

Last edited:
do you know what to do when im trying to run tfs.exe file after compiling and the console app closes instantly ?

Keep getting error cannot open zlib.lib....I know I have linked everything correctly. That is the only error and happens at very end of the compile. Any ideas?

Turns out the most the names of the files in my otclient libs where changed by whoever made them. I will change them to the right names and post if that fixes the problem.

Turns out the most the names of the files in my otclient libs where changed by whoever made them. I will change them to the right names and post if that fixes the problem.
post the fix please im having the same issue with the latest compiling guide by edubart with msvc 2015
im having some issues with cmake too

WHY

imgshow.png

This happens at very end of compile... I know everything is linked right.

Dx9 Support Layer
If you would like to enable the dx9 support layer for otclient you need to compile with -DOPENGLES=2.0. Now otclient.exe will ask for libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll which you can gethere, place these dlls with the otclient.exe folder.
this libraries support dx9?

NOTE: There's a newer official tutorial for MSVC 2015: Compiling on Windows · edubart/otclient Wiki · GitHub

Since no one has done a tutorial for compiling OTC here on OTland and I would like to see OTC be more popular here goes a little tutorial on compiling it.

I am going to assume that you know at least some basic stuff about MSVC if you dont, as practice I recommend you follow this tutorial first to get the hang of things.
1. Lets get our compiler includes and libs.

2. Now that we have the source and libs lets put them in the correct places.

2.1 Add the libs to your C:/ drive.
Nq7cAeP.png

Its best if you put it in your C:/ drive because the .vcxproj defaults the libs to the C drive. This will save you lots of time because you dont have to manually link all of the includes and libs.

2.2 Extract the source wherever you want. I extracted it to my OT Stuff folder.

3. Open up the solution with MSVC 2013
BZQWSXJ.png

4. Now lets set up the properties.
NFDbvOz.png

5. Now select the correct config:
Z0gg5nn.png

6. Now here it might get a bit confusing so pay attention.
6.1 If you extracted the libs to your D:/ drive you only need to add this to your includes:
2uNeKUf.png

And this to your libs.
A2DWZaq.png

6.2 But if you extracted the libs elsewhere you must add these dirs as well.
This is for the includes:
ajITqpu.png

And this for the libs:
3UDEPeq.png

6. Now hit apply and let the files parse, this is automatic.
flvyBKx.png

7. Once it is
mbJWC7w.png
you can rebuild the files.

8. Now you might get a waring or two but that is expected, so long it succeeds you're ok.

9. Now you have your EXE, get the dlls here.

And there you have it you just compiled OTClient's latest source.

Thanks to @edubart for developing OTC, to @Dalkon for adding MSVC compilation files, and to @conde2 for fixing up the source so that it is compatible with MSVC's compiler.

Enjoy!
Re Upload Libs :D

Tried to compile with this Tutorial but somehow im stupid to do it dont ask me why -_-

here a explain what kind of error i always get:
bDUeS.png
You added the DLLs to otclient.exe folder? zlib.dll and glew32.dll (both x86).

Hello,

EDIT:
the issue has been solved ! :)

Best regards!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi, im trying to compile with the newest guide for MVS 2017, followed it step by step and I'm getting that error, no idea how to solve it since it installed every boost lib as the guide states:

vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows glew:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-uuid:x64-windows physfs:x64-windows openal-soft:x64-windows libogg:x64-windows libvorbis:x64-windows zlib:x64-windows

Any ideas please?
Thank you

Attachments

Hello i using MVS 2013 and this is my problem.
How i repair this problem with platform toolset?
scr.jpg

Back