• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Converting map for OTX 2 8.1 issue

rlx

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm spending long time seeking for a better engine for my 8.1 ots than xmls, but I'm facing lots of problems, here is one of them:

I got OTX 2.XS-1 and 3 (Crying Damson and Lord Zedd) for 8.0-8.11 (64 bit).
The server itself works, but it doesn't read my map properly or totally.
My 8.1 map (converted previously from 7.81 by simone map editor, using 8.1 template) is outdated for this engine.
I've tried converting to 7.6, 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2. Last one has worked, however it is glitchy (missing borders, water tiles - changing during single session..).

I thought then to try opening server's default map (forgotten.otbm) via editor and paste my map into, but none of editors I've used worked (RME 1.0.3/5/6, 2.2, 3.2, 3.5 and custom, SimOne 0.50/1/2) because of different items.otb file types.

I have tried to change items.otb files in server, editor etc., but none worked.

Is there a solution to make engine read other maps properly or edit it's default map?

I really hope to find a solution, because I'm also tired with looking for a TFS source/engine which would work with my client.

Bump.. For OTX hosters - how do you make your map working with otx? Do higher version not have this kind of a problem?

Back