• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

coresUsed = "-1"?

kito2

www.masteria.net
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi there, I want to know how this function works? Cause I have a dual core and one core gets 90% and the other 0%...

I think that this function will divide the use?

How to if I have two cores?

It won't make any difference because TFS is no multi-threaded, which means that it can operate only on 1 core at time. However you could try to move usage to second core, so the other applications like apache/mysql won't use your cpu cycles dedicated for TFS. I'm not sure if it will give any benefits, just wondering. Tell me if it worked.

doesn't forcing the affinity to both cores enable the multi-threading or am i smoking too much pot these days?

It does in most applications, also there's not smoking to much pot. It's a myth <insert favourite conspiracy here>

I just checked all my scripts and found a infinite loop that lagged my OT, then fixed it and now, no more lag.

TFS/config.lua

Change:

coresUsed = "-1"

On:

coresUsed = "0, 1"
This is for dual core procesors (2 cores)

For quad (4 cores)
coresUsed = "0, 1, 2, 3"

6 Cores
coresUsed = "0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5"

Have fun w/o lag = )

Back