• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Could not locate Tibia.dat and/or Tibia.spr for 7.70

yexos71065

Reaction score
I'm trying to edit the map/*.sec files from Cip's with Realots' Map Editor to clean up from items in the houses and trash on the ground, but the tool constantly says it couldn't find the DAT and/or SPR files, and asks me to navigate to my Tibia 7.70 installation folder.

My attempts were to move the DAT and SPR files into the map folder, move the map folder into Tibia 7.7 installation folder, in C:/Program Files (x86), and to open them directly from within the leaked files themselves, right after extracting. They all result in the same error message appearing for me.

1680875327053.png

How do I use RME to edit the SEC files?

I'm trying to edit the map/*.sec files from Cip's with Realots' Map Editor to clean up from items in the houses and trash on the ground, but the tool constantly says it couldn't find the DAT and/or SPR files, and asks me to navigate to my Tibia 7.70 installation folder.

My attempts were to move the DAT and SPR files into the map folder, move the map folder into Tibia 7.7 installation folder, in C:/Program Files (x86), and to open them directly from within the leaked files themselves, right after extracting. They all result in the same error message appearing for me.

View attachment 74633

How do I use RME to edit the SEC files?

Where did you obtain the map editor from? Would you be able to provide a link to the specific map editor that you are currently using?

I'm trying to edit the map/*.sec files from Cip's with Realots' Map Editor to clean up from items in the houses and trash on the ground
That editor is not suitable for use anyway (other than browsing the map). But there is no point in cleaning the map, since there already is the clean version in origmap folder in the tarball.

I have downloaded the map editor that you provided, and upon inspecting the contents of the map editor directory, I have noticed the presence of a Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr file. Therefore, I believe that it is necessary to set the location to the main directory of the map editor.
Thank you, it worked.

That editor is not suitable for use anyway (other than browsing the map). But there is no point in cleaning the map, since there already is the clean version in origmap folder in the tarball.
I didn't know that. It didn't occur to me to try it out, too. Thank you.

Back