• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating Sprites - Shading & Colors

bayview

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a few tutorials somewhere here on this regarding creating sprites. I know that @Shadowsong has a few tutorials on spriting on YouTube but what i want to learn about is shading, which colors to use as a gradient and what colors compliment others.

It's a given that no one can really teach you how to draw things other than basic objects such as walls doors etc... but coloring & shading is something that can.

Just looking for some advice from the novice/experts in this field.

I found this editor, i have yet to try it out because i am not home, but it looks promising :)
detp6KB.png

[Tool] Gradient Editor - LÖVE

Last edited by a moderator:
71 views and not one response lol
You asking art related stuff in otserv development forums. Also it's not related with gradient, some times not only changing tone of the main color, shadows can and will be even of totally different colors depending on tons of factors. It's generic art stuff, and you will probably get better guides not attached to pixel art style, that you would be able to apply to it latter.

I was goonng to link you a guide, but have hard time finding thos specifc one I steped on some years ago.

Back