• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creativity - Post your mapping ideas

I think that is the usual use for that sprite tbh, which is why it is raised like the mountain grounds.

It's just a shame there isn't one for water when making a 360 waterfall i.e. in a cave etc.

Simplest idea going - probs not much of an idea but we often use the minecart rails for trains. With the use of the venore sprites, you get more alternatives to make a slightly wider rail:

rail.PNG

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone could make like a cyberpunk themed map and sprites with tall buildings

I was wondering if anyone could make like a cyberpunk themed map and sprites with tall buildings
I was planning that but I got tired really fast

ground floor was supposed to be +3, with slums at the bottom, temple was supposed to be inspired by the one in kowloon (see mapping inspiration thread), but I got too lazy to finish.
1576111064577.png

Last edited:
I was planning that but I got tired really fast

ground floor was supposed to be +3, with slums at the bottom, temple was supposed to be inspired by the one in kowloon (see mapping inspiration thread), but I got too lazy to finish.
Seems cool but i think the sprites need to change like Im going to try it myself and change the lighting and give it like a neon glow feel and add holographic stuff etc

Look dope dude, i really like the idea, might actually use this one in the future.
really makes it feel like the water is going down.

hmmm.PNG
About the closest I could get to it without spending too long to alter.. Not sure you can make it look nice with the gap, maybe playing with multiple floors you can work the illusion better.

not sure it's much better tbh but colours clash less imo

Snow + Fog = new clouds?

This could be executed better ofcourse by making less squary patches, and instead of 1 big patch make use of several smaller patches?
At first i wanted to see how it would look like with lightning effects / floor differences / invisible ground floor (which shows up red in RME)..

I kinda like the result so far, you could even play a bit with the borders...

animeraclouds.PNG

L5Nif2L.gif

Cwiras what about in this way?

even if this geyser looks comic i think you can hide this not fitting border (which imiates boat side) with long rudder (ID 7221)
Post automatically merged:

000126.png

Last edited:
Im not sure if it's even idea to begin with but i rotated boat in Thais to west. (Idk if someone did it before but it's most likely)
I started working on Thais with goal to remaster it for 8.6 and later im gona share it on Otland.
screenshot_2020-02-1-22-6-0.png

Ok sure, but that seems to be the Wall of ice that the dragons breath broke through upon entry. I dont remember the outpost itself had Ice walls, but regular stone/wood walls that in turn was cold due to weather. And why not use regular fire fields?

A) Probably this is nothing new but I call this the 'scare'
1589492885527.png

1589492976083.png

B) The one way trap, you go down the hole and fall through second floor into third floor, if you go up from third floor instead of going to first floor as expected you go to the second, and there is no way up.

1589493082083.png

1589493096204.png

C) Cannot go back to middle floor, if you decide to take the upper or low stair you wont be able to com back to the current floor
1589493308347.png

Last edited:
A and C are rookgaard, still remember when bug was golden and huge an i thought plate shield is dropped by bug beccause it looked simmilar

Back