• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

custom vocation idea.

dusieqq

mam hajsu jak lodu
Reaction score
hey so i came up with idea about custom vocations that i want to share with you guys, maybe someone will use it for their custom ot :)

class idea

melle:

knight- knights are best in sword fighting, their defensive abilities are taken less serious than fighting, they are agile warriors who preffers speed over damage.
Specs: knights atk speed is 2,0x.

barbarian- barbarians are best in axe fighting, their defensive abilities are almost ignored, they tend to be slower than knights but their damage is bigger.
Specs: barbs atk speed is 1,5x

skullcrusher- skullcrushers are best in club fighting, their defensive abilities are almost ignored, they tend to be slower than barbarians but their damage is bigger.
specs: sk atk speed is 1,0x

pikeman- pikemans are best in fighting with spear weapon altough they arent that good in manoovering with their weapon their shielding is at it finest, they are slower than barbarians but faster than skullcrushers
specs: pikeman atk speed is 1,2x
Additional: pikeman can also use their spears as throwing weapon and he became pikethrower, but watch out, once you choose to use them as throwing weapon your melle
way will be closed for you also your defensive abilities will be same as for skullcrushers.
specs: pikethrower atk speed is 1,2x

distance:

assasin: assasins are agile warriors that uses throwing weapon like stars and throwing knives, they dont really have any possibility to block, as long as they stay in
shadows they are quite undetectable. Their damage is low but they have high chance of critical attack
specs: assasins atk speed is 1,5x
additional: assasing can also choose melle way of it class and became killer, killers are agile warriors that tend to use two daggers to fight, their defensive abilities are mostly depending on their agility that makes them pretty hard to hit but fragile. Their damage is better than assasins altough they posses lower critical rate chance
specs: killers atk speed is 2,0x

marksman: marksmans are smart choice for those that finds their likings in bows, they master it by daily use. Marksman are well known masters of bow altough they sometimes can use minor throwing weapon as small stones that are very first weapon of assasins. Their damage is lower than sharpshooters but faster.
specs: marksman atk speed is 1,5x

sharpshooter: sharpshooters depends on their muscules because their reload takes much longer than for marksmans and crossbows tend to be heavier. Their damage is bigger
than marksmans, they also can use swords and lighter shield but they are nothing compared to knights.
specs: sharpshooters atk speed is 1,0x

magic:

preist: preists are followers of saint path, their strongest disciple is healing altough if needed they can be pretty good bucklers. Preists melle damage can be compared
to knight altough they cant wear any shield. Preists are essential for party hunting, if you need alot of healing pick preist, they are masters in it.
specs: preist atk speed is 1,7x

shaman: shamans are very hideous proffesion, their sight is aimed into dark magic, shamans are well known for their dark spiritual magic, they can cast even void that
sucks everything in leaving clear air. They dont use any weapon or shield because as they belive, once they die they become stronger after ressurection, nobody really
confirm that information but once shaman dies, something dark comes out of their body and can still fight.
specs: shaman atk speed is 1,0x

warlock: warlocks are arcane masters of offensive spells, they find their likings in all sorts of elements altough once they pick 2 elements, they cant pick more.
Elements they can choose are: fire, electric, ice, ground. Altough every type of magic is diffrent it can't be really said how fast warlock can be. There are only
informations that fire is most violent, electricy is swift, ice can freeze oponents and ground can protect caster and hes party.

animagi: animagis can aid themselves with monsters that surrounds them, once they sing a taming song, target becomes their comadre untill it dies, altough there are still monsters that can resist the spell, still animagi is pretty deadly proffesion. Animagi can lead up to 4 monsters, but the more monster he lead the less experience he gets.

Honestly, bad idea. Essentualy what you did was take away player's options by breaking up existing classes into sub classes. People don't like to have things taken away from them, just ask the baby who's candy got stolen.

A better option (and a more original idea) would be to take the current classes and throw them out the window and beding from scratch. this isnt an easy thing to do because it requiers creativity but it can be quite fun to think outside the box.

Eh, why you don't use custom names, everyone knows a Knight wears heavy armor & is not agile gtfo.
Barbarians are not slower than Knights, hence why they're known for wearing no armor in battle... Shoot me please.
Pikeman don't even wear shields like wtf? *DUCK MENZ HERE COMES STUPPOD STIEK*RE(*A

I have always hated the comment "I can do whatever i feel like, it's my (Server, Classes) or whatever" when it just isn't true, there is a baseline for each class, a base that is known globally (mostly), it's different if you're making your own custom class from the ground up, but if you are, don't bloody name it the same as a class which already has standards, because then you're just beating it up.
It's the same thing everyone seems to want to do with some nature controlling class then turning him into a necromancer like what?

Warlocks, no, Shamans, no...

Animagi, this one is different at least. (Might aswell named it properly, Summoner) but whatever.

Perfect examples are - Diablos barbarians, Conan the Barbarian, Barbarians from actual earth. (They all fall under the same Base Idea.) Changing that just seems stupid to me.

Pikeman - Google it, Heroes of might and magic, Actual medeval earth Pikeman, Even look at the pike under wiki, it was never really designed to be used with a shield, it was designed to combat horses. Oh don't bring Macedonian Pikeman into this, they threw there spears, and used a secondary sword (Yes they held a shield with there pikes, noting there shields were lighter. You're aiming more towards a Macedonian Pikeman btw).

Okey am done, i don't want to even bother with the rest. I don't mean to bash on you, i just hate how so many people are doing it.
There needs to be some sort of starting point in making a class & there should always be logic, otherwise the class just does not make any sense.

Honestly, bad idea. Essentualy what you did was take away player's options by breaking up existing classes into sub classes. People don't like to have things taken away from them, just ask the baby who's candy got stolen.

I'd have to disagree, most people who focus on one direction don't just randomly change weapon.
A knight in Tibia who focuses on Sword, has no real difference from the guy who picked mace, cutting them into different vocations gives the player a sense of being unique/different, which is always nice.

If done correctly multiple vocations like this for each weapon, could work, all that is left are there abilitys, a Sword user would have an erray of single target slashing techniques, while a mace user could be more AOE, ground smashing mace. (not getting into balance issues)

I personally think being slightly different than the Knight beside you is cool, rather than being a cabon copy of the 4 Knights in your team, just holding different weapons.

Last edited:
Back