• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Database Problem

Wipflash

Old School
Reaction score
Hi there!

How do i solve this.. ?

BlSyI1zLjl.png

I wan't to get a password but it's encrypted or something .. how do i decrypt it? :p

Regards

W

The point of an encryption is to prevent someone to gain access to your password. If one could easily decrypt it, what would be the point of having it? If you need to access an account, you could temporarily change the account password, and then just reset it to the original password once you are done.

To set a new password;
SQL:
UPDATE `accounts` SET `password` = SHA1( 'NEWPASSHERE' ) WHERE `name` = 'ACCNAMEHERE';

PS. Don't forget to store the previous password before you change it.

Fortunately, no. If you could, so could a possible hacker. Thus, it being encrypted. ;-)

Yes, it is possible as far as I am concerned. Change the encryption type to plain as tompan mentioned above in config.lua. Change the encryption type of your AAC as well (in case you use one). Restart your server. This will not decrypt any existing accounts though. They would have to change their password (this may prove to be bit of a problem though because they would not be able to login as the SHA1 encryption has been disabled).

Did you create your account through an AAC? If so, did you change the encryption type of that AAC as well?

Well, Modern AAC does not support plain passwords and I just remembered that Gesior AAC reads it from the config.lua. So if you are using Modern AAC, you would have to code it yourself as it is not there by default.

Well, Modern AAC does not support plain passwords and I just remembered that Gesior AAC reads it from the config.lua. So if you are using Modern AAC, you would have to code it yourself as it is not there by default.

okey, thanks for your help but I will start using gesor for now on :p

Back