• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Day and Night - Tibia rl time (Solved)

LucasFerraz

Systems Analyst
Reaction score
In tibia rl all we know that exist day and night.

Description:
If is day all Street Lamps turn off (automatic) and the screen will be bright (full light)
If is night all Street Lamps turn in (automatic) and the screen will be dark (off light)
Players can turn in/turn off when they want.

Is possible to implement it in OTs?:rolleyes:
PS.: I'm only interested in the screen lights, Street Lamps is not important.

Last edited:
Yes it is possible to do it. I'm just having a feeling that it will eat CPU/RAM usage if there's alot of street lamps, I'm not sure though.

Hmm... yes it's possible, and it's probably not going to take as much CPU as Clinten thinks though...

EDIT: but you might need to define all the positions of lamp-posts if you want to make it CPU friendly x.x

Why do I have a feeling that almost every signle of you is talking bullshit. There's already day/night system so just iterate through items when it's change time and if item id equals to lamp then transform it, d'oh.

Something along the lines of every 60 seconds call getTibiaTime() and if it's past a certain time (night) then transform all instance of unlit-street lights to lit-street lights, otherwise if past a second certain time (morning) then transform all the lit-streetlights into unlit ones.

Edit:
Why do I have a feeling that almost every signle of you is talking bullshit. There's already day/night system so just iterate through items when it's change time and if item id equals to lamp then transform it, d'oh.

derp xD

Last edited by a moderator:
In tibia rl when is day the screen is bright (like full light).
and when is night the screen isn't bright (like light off).

In remember in otserv evolution 7.6~7.8(old old times:D), this turns(day and night) was same that tibia rl.

As I said, it's already working. Maybe you have everything fullbright because you're on a GM/god character?

No idea but test it, I don't see why does this all matter to you. It's just day/night cycle dammit, everyone has lighthacks anyways!

Exactly, and I'm working in a full map rl. Just missing somethings now.

Missing beregar and isle of evil (map)
and rise of devovorga (quest)
Complete 8.6

They're not supposed to, that's not the part of d/n cycle in sources. It has to be done in Lua (slow) or sources (should be orders of magnitude faster than Lua)

Back