• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dayz

Oh okay, sweet, guess I'll have to wait for Arma2 to come back online.

Another client to run? Are you telling me that I have to have multiple clients to play Dayz?
Isn't it just using Arma 2 with an expansion pack installed and a mod (Dayz) installed as well?

Another client to run? Are you telling me that I have to have multiple clients to play Dayz?
Isn't it just using Arma 2 with an expansion pack installed and a mod (Dayz) installed as well?

Don't listen to him, you will only use 1 client while playing Dayz

Don't listen to him, you will only use 1 client while playing Dayz

Ofc, but it's a standalone client no? Evan you only need one client, a standalone expansion client means you need the original just for the files and the client for the new game (in this case DayZ) for new textures and any other new features.

I have a question, do you need to install ArmA2 before you install ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead?
Because I've already installed just ArmA2 and wasn't sure if there was some kind of update for it.
I have Operation Arrowhead ready to download and it's gonna take 3 hours, so I wasn't sure if I was downloading two different copies of the game.

Yes, you need basic Arma 2 (doesnt matter if its free version, downloaded from torrent or retail copy) before installing OA

You need to install Arma II, Arma II: Operation Arrow Head, DayZ (which you can find at DayZ Mod) then run the six launcher and pick a server. Enjoy your game.

The new update for Arma is horrible.

Lets look at the m1911 for example. Sure it oneshotting a zombie may not have been realistic, but this had nothing to do with the damage value but rather with the zombie hp. On players the damage was realistic, the m1911 did 4500 damage whereas a player has 12000 blood. So with purely bodyshots a m1911 would kill a player with 3 shots which is a pretty realistic number.

Now with the new gun change the m1911 does 1389 damage, which means to kill a player you would need a total of 9 shots (8.6 shots, but you can't fire a 0.6 round nomsayin?). This is more than a entire magazine. How is this in any way more realistic?

Let's take it even further. Look at the mp5. It now does a total of 889 damage. This means that in order to kill a player you have to fire a total of 14 bullets! 14! That's gigantic, it's completely unrealistic!

Dude, back when i was playing the m1911 was 1/2 shotting people, lmao.

I do agree, that 9 shots is abit stupid though, and the mp5 is like the most idiotic gun made, they really need a gun damage revamp tbh.
There's afew guns that barely do anything, carrying an SD MP5 should be baws but it barely even kills zombies.

They should introduce silenced snipers would be epic.

The new update for Arma is horrible.

Lets look at the m1911 for example. Sure it oneshotting a zombie may not have been realistic, but this had nothing to do with the damage value but rather with the zombie hp. On players the damage was realistic, the m1911 did 4500 damage whereas a player has 12000 blood. So with purely bodyshots a m1911 would kill a player with 3 shots which is a pretty realistic number.

Now with the new gun change the m1911 does 1389 damage, which means to kill a player you would need a total of 9 shots (8.6 shots, but you can't fire a 0.6 round nomsayin?). This is more than a entire magazine. How is this in any way more realistic?

Let's take it even further. Look at the mp5. It now does a total of 889 damage. This means that in order to kill a player you have to fire a total of 14 bullets! 14! That's gigantic, it's completely unrealistic!

Its caused by latest beta patch, not DayZ itself. So it will become normal pretty soon.

Zombies are being Mike Tyson, I got knocked on full health just in one hit.

That was...uhmm...intense.

Zombies are being Mike Tyson, I got knocked on full health just in one hit.

That was...uhmm...intense.

Zombies must've been boosted to the role of Chuck Norris last patch, cuz my friend got knocked down 3 times earlier today with close to full blood every time.

Last knockout was at NW airfield when he was rushing into radiotower, hiding from a bigger mob we did not want to slaughter (waste of ammo)
funny thing was I ended up climbing the ladder to the top to meet a guy aiming down the stairs with a M240, quickly shot the lonewolf down who had antibiotics and lots of shit...

Another wtf/adrenaline moment was last night when we encountered a traveling+bad sniper who had us in a field close to Krasnostav, he took a clear shot and hit my friend, not lethal but knocked him out.
The funny thing about this situation though was that we were very surprised cause he was extremely close (could tell from gun sound).
Withing 2-3 second after the first shot I hit the treeline and sniper fired a couple of shots, all missed.
As I realised he was just guessing shots in the fir trees I was hiding in, I hit back and I hit him badly before he realised exactly where I were and he decided to just drop shots again, hitting me in the mother F.in leg, after that he bailed and as me and partner refilled eachothers blood the sniper left the server, like a 12 year old. :(

Some fucked up moments you experience in Dayz :ninja:, most fun is to just mess with people who takes it way too serious and fall in love with their gear. :w00t:

I visited the green mountain, If you see this message, PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE GREEN MOUNTAIN.

Green mountain is a place for creepy stuff, imo.

I went there for 5 mins and heard some weird shit on the radio and almost pissed my pants, beside the weird effects like the sky being so weird and you don't hear anything except your heart beeping.

That was very creepy.

So umm just some fast questions,

can I download Arma II : Co Free and then install DayZ free also? or do I have to buy Arma II : Co?

I visited the green mountain, If you see this message, PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE GREEN MOUNTAIN.

Green mountain is a place for creepy stuff, imo.

I went there for 5 mins and heard some weird shit on the radio and almost pissed my pants, beside the weird effects like the sky being so weird and you don't hear anything except your heart beeping.

That was very creepy.
Going green mountain

So umm just some fast questions,

can I download Arma II : Co Free and then install DayZ free also? or do I have to buy Arma II : Co?

Pretty sure you have to buy Combined Operations.

Going green mountain

Managed to find a video proofing this thing, it's a rare radio message.

[video=youtube;uoCU3BYDhL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoCU3BYDhL0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

tbh, I don't know how I heard it without a radio, maybe a glitch or a hacker gave me a free radio without noticing.

Back