• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthetic_

deathzot.net
Reaction score
GSyrJBA.png

What is DeathZot?
• DeathZot was originally an 8.0 server that was created by 'Admin Death'. While DeathZot was not his only server he created, he is also responsible for creating the original OTChaos (7.6), Rise of Abbadon (8.10~). DeathZot was made shortly after OT Chaos began to die out. The core aspects of DeathZot that made it such a great server were: fast paced RPG, team hunting, heavily involved community trading, working towards equipment, gear progression, custom vocations, challenging areas and 'rebirthing'.
Click to view the DeathZot Screenshot Thread (This will give you an idea on what DeathZot was like).

Why The Restoration Project v2?
Last year I hosted a restored version of DeathZot that I updated from 8.0 to 8.60. Considering that DeathZot 8.60 was my first server I really had no idea what I was doing or getting myself into. I developed a lot of that server without thinking into the future - which down the line led to a lot of problems. I never expected DeathZot to be as popular as it was - sometimes reaching amounts of 200 + people online. I got distracted with real life (job, going to school) and the server eventually died out.

What's New This Time?
For starters one of the biggest problems on working on DeathZot was trying to run the entire project myself. I never understood how much time it takes to develop and continue to work on a server by yourself until I started doing it. It also became very overwhelming trying to push out updates every week because people were progressing through the server extremely fast. Going into DeathZot 8.60 (v2) I'm more prepared because now there's three members on the team: Xagul (Scripter), Snuggles (Mapper), and myself. Knowing how DeathZot turned out last time infinity prepared me for version 2 of DeathZot.

How Can I Help?
If we're going to make this version of DeathZot better than the last, we need your help. Let us know exactly what you did or did not like in DeathZot v1. Let us know what you would have liked to see more of, or what you think we could add to make the server better. This server is not being developed for us to play, we're developing it for you. So please let us know how we can make the server better!

Table of Contents (Scroll down the page).
1. Changelog
2. Mapping
3. Vocations
4. Equipment & Weapons (+ Enchanting)
5. Systems
6. Events

Last edited:
Changelog

World Bosses
• No longer have a level cap (as long as you meet the level requirement you can enter the room)
• No longer gives flat amount of levels, now gives experience based on the strength of the world boss

Candy.gif
Candy
• Now scales with your characters experience rate

Candy_Cane.gif
Candy Cane
• No longer capped at level 6555, can now be used up to 50% of the highest level on the server. You can only eat so many candy canes per 24 hours.

Treasure_Map.gif
Boss Map
• Monsters can now drop boss maps that will take you to a 1x boss spawn. The boss map is determined based on the creature you killed.

Magic_Forcefield.gif
Map Orb
• Whenever you kill a monster, it has a chance to drop a map orb. When you step inside the orb you will receive a map.

QfUnwKC.png
Experience Orb
• Whenever you kill a monster, it has a chance to drop an experience orb. When you step inside the orb you will receive bonus experience.

vMfBthL.png
Loot Orb
• Whenever you kill a monster, it has a chance to drop a loot orb. When you step inside the orb you will receive additional loot.

m3ua1rI.png
Gold Orb
• Whenever you kill a monster, it has a chance to drop a gold orb. When you step inside the orb you will receive additional gold.

Last edited:
kB4AqGs.png

Shade (Remake of Sorcerer) [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Soul Siphon - Killing an enemy will regenerate a small amount of soul, additionally your maximum soul is increased to 125.
• Shadow Bolt - Projects an orb of death at your target
• Shadow Rift - Conjures a wave of death in your direction, dealing damage to all enemies hit
• Unholy Nova - Deals massive area of effect damage around yourself
• Obliteration - Channels a constant array of death magic around yourself.

Priest (Remake of Druid) [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Righteous Aura - You and allies deal increased damage
• Heal Friend - Instantly restores health to your selected target
• Guardian Angel - Temporarily grants immunity to you and nearby allies.
• Smite - Projects a holy orb at your target dealing damage
• Divine Fury - Marks the target with divine magic which explodes after a short delay dealing damage to all enemies near the target

Illusionist [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Reflection - You have a 10% chance to reflect incoming damage back at your attacker
• Mana Coils - Rapidly fires missiles to your target
• Prismatic Veil - Deals area of effect damage around you
• Mirror Image - Creates an image of yourself which will mimic your spell casts
• Mind Swap - Instantly switches place with you and your illusion.

Warrior (Remake of Knight) [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Perseverance - Increases health regeneration by 5% per nearby enemy that is targeting you.
• Bash - Deals damage to your selected target
• Weapon Bola - Throws your weapon to your selected target
• Taunt - Causes all monsters in a 3x3 to attack you
• Charge - Rapidly moves you to your targets location
• Whirlwind - Deals damage to surrounding enemies

Zealot (Remake of Guardian) [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Laguna Blade - Every third strike you will deal additional damage
• Lightning Rush - Moves rapidly to your selected target, dealing damage to enemies caught in the area.
• Psi Storm - Deals damage to surrounding enemies
• Psi Shield - Shields yourself with psi energy blocking all incoming damage. The shield lasts 30 seconds or until you run out of soul. Every Time you absorb an attack it will cost soul.
• Overload - Temporarily increases your attack speed.
• Zeal - Strikes your target with psi energy.

Ninja [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Ambidexterity - Allows proper use of daggers
• Blade Storm - Sends out blades in all directions
• Flicker Strike - Instantly teleports to nearby enemy and deals damage, if the target is killed the cooldown is instantly refreshed.
• Assassinate - Performs a series of strikes on your selected target
• Deadly Strike - Channels a strike in front of you, dealing massive damage to anything it hits.
• Sprint - Allows you to move quickly.

Barbarian [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Combat Training
* Full Attack - Increases attack speed by 100%
* Full Defense - Increases armor rating by 20%

• Weapon Chain
* Full Attack - Throws weapon at target dealing damage at a range
* Full Defense - Throws weapon at target pulling them back you

• Warcry
* Full Attack - Deals damage to nearby enemies
* Full Defense - Forces all nearby monsters to attack the you

Elementalist (Complete Remake) [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Elemental Shift - Whenever you take the form of an element you receive a lingering element for a short time.
• Elemental Equilibrium - Expels all elements dealing damage based on the elements consumed

• Fire Form:
* Cast: Calls forth a giant meteor from the sky that crashes down dealing damage to enemies in a large area
* Passive: Intense heat radiates outward dealing damage to nearby enemies

• Energy Form:
* Cast: Shoots a slow moving ball of energy that follows the target
* Passive: Deadly electricity strikes out at the casters primary target

• Earth Form:
* Cast: Increases the casters defense for a short time.
* Passive: Shoots giant exploding boulders at the casters primary target

• Water Form:
* Cast: Calls forth a giant tsunami that knocks back all nearby enemies
* Passive: Quickly replenishes the casters soul. This effect may jump to nearby allies

Archer (Remake of Ranger) [Click here to see a video of the spells]
• [Passive]: Headshot - Damage dealt has a 10% chance to hit the target in the head dealing 250% damage
• Quick Shot - Shoots an arrow at your target
• Strafe - Fires an array of arrows at your target
• Rain of Arrows - Fires a hail of arrows at the archers position
• Impact Shot - Shoots a sturdy bolt that knocks the target back, if the target collides with terrain they take additional damage
• Snipe Shot - Shoots a slow moving projectile that deals more damage the further it travels

Last edited:
gjnK5SR.png

Whenever you enchant an armor or a weapon, it adds temporarily enchants them for two hours based on their enchant that was added to them.

Here are the gems and their attributes:

Small_Sapphire.gif
Intelligence Gem:
• Armor: Increases mana regen.
• Weapon: Increases magic level skill

Small_Ruby.gif
Strength Gem:
• Armor: Increases health regen.
• Weapon: Increases sword, axe, and club fighting skills.

Small_Emerald.gif
Dexterity Gem:
• Armor: Increases chance to dodge attacks.
• Weapon: Increases distance and fist fighting skills

Small_Amethyst.gif
Wisdom Gem:
• Armor: Increases experience rate when killing monsters.
• Weapon: Increases soul regeneration

Small_Topaz.gif
Luck Gem:
• Armor: Increases loot rate when killing monsters.
• Weapon: Increases critical strike chance.

Last edited:
1iQEccW.png
Experience Rate
• Your experience rate will now be determined based on the highest level in the server. You will receive additional bonus experience based on how far your level is away from the highest levels.

Rebirth
• Rebirths are being added again and now work differently from DeathZot 8.0. Now when you rebirth you keep your old: health/mana gain, skills and spells.You can rebirth for a total of three times. If you go Shade->Illusionist->Warrior, you will have 50/45 health and mana gain per level, all of the skills you got when playing as those vocations, and every single spell from all those vocations.
• If you decide to go Shade->Shade->Shade your spells will be stronger than a normal shade.

Healing
• Health, Mana and Soul Regeneration is now automatic. Your character will passively heal on it's own without the need of casting healing spells or eating food.

Last edited:
@Synthetic_ I'll be making another advertising video for this version when the server comes out. Looking forward to version 2, keep this thread alive!

As for the question "what you did not like in DeathZot v1"

I personally didn't like the balancing of vocations, it seemed after every fix on a certain vocation, that vocation became the most OP one.

As for the question "what you did not like in DeathZot v1"

I personally didn't like the balancing of vocations, it seemed after every fix on a certain vocation, that vocation became the most OP one.

That tends to be something that happens in every mmo nowadays, devs buff an aspect of the game and everyone jumps to the conclusion that its op now and the people who didn't put much thought into it just jump on the bandwagon for <insert x reason here>. At the same time, its hard to go the other way with it and nerf other aspects because then everyone using that stuff thinks they got shafted :(

Thanks for the input though, we will do our best to balance it!

Cant wait!!!! Good luck guys!!!!

One thing I really liked was the gems in order to upgrade weapons. But one thing I didnt like is later on when people start getting higher level they mc a char and get to kill bosses while afk which gives them tiers + gems and crap I think it would be cool if you had to complete some sort of puzzle or something to kill a boss just the boss not the spawns or anything.-just trying to give some ideas ;p

My goodness is it great to finally see deathzot coming back finally! But as madness said it was quite annoying how it was clearly IMPOSSIBLE to obtain gems unless you traded maybe have more events for gems/power gems/tokens etc etc since the serv has been off for so long I actually forgot a lot of ideas I had :x Id have to retrace my thoughts. Cant wait to get back on!!
-Xtreme
-Mandingo

I AM SO Glad to see you back Syn! I have to send you a PM about something though, Idk if you still do not respond to PM's So get back to me on that please.

The old weapon upgrading system (gems into weapons to upgrade them) is most likely being removed. Xagul and I have a few ideas on how weapons will be obtained, once we're sure with what we want to do I will update more. Also I'm going to continue to update this thread as I put this information together, so keep checking back to see what is happening.

you could maybe get some kind of trials/seals where players have to complete some kind of task to get their next tier of weapon.

Kill 1000 Elfs/trolls
Weapon 1 -> weapon 2
Kill 2500 Yeti
Weapon 2-> weapon 3

more ideas to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back