• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the vocations are now on the front page (click here). Xagul and I don't believe the other 3 will make it into release and we feel it will be better if we release them at a later time and slowly incorporate them into the server. Because the vocations have been completely remade we believe it will be better for the server and less overwhelming.

heres my question that I was asking myself the whole time.

I Had a few donaiton coins in Dzot, I donated a bunch of cash into Xdc and shawn said this will be returned(didnt mention the dzot one) will we get the points back from the bug reports we got too?

I would completly understand if we didnt xD Just a question than tumbled in my head

i feel no donations should be brought back from ANYTHING as this server is starting fresh, should have a clean slate all around. equality to all in the beginning. it would be good for the economy, and good for ownership business strategy. people will complain and cry, but in the end still donate again and it helps the server stay alive, instead of just claiming old stuff and not donating, thus resulting in less income for the server.

BETA Question.
Are you going to Jake it, and put the server online for the people who are testing with no warning or heads up as to make people sit alllll day waiting for needless hours? or will you let the people who will be able to play have a heads up and that way they can be ready to play at the hour it goes up?

Im on spring break starting today, so tomorrow and weekend im free pretty much all day every day. So i know me and a few people could grind out a pretty good chunk of testing lmao

i feel no donations should be brought back from ANYTHING as this server is starting fresh, should have a clean slate all around. equality to all in the beginning. it would be good for the economy, and good for ownership business strategy. people will complain and cry, but in the end still donate again and it helps the server stay alive, instead of just claiming old stuff and not donating, thus resulting in less income for the server.

BETA Question.
Are you going to Jake it, and put the server online for the people who are testing with no warning or heads up as to make people sit alllll day waiting for needless hours? or will you let the people who will be able to play have a heads up and that way they can be ready to play at the hour it goes up?
2 bad people donated 250 $ a few times(?) on bitzot which they will get back 100%. And donations form xdc will back 100% sure as shawn said

Im sorry i donated alot.......................... And i do not feel like donations should be given back. It would ruin the server and the server will never get dedicated host because of lack of doantions

Hmm all vocations seem abit cool i dont know how elementalist is gonna be they sound the weirdest too me atm well hope to get an invite tomorrow to test out things.

Im sorry i donated alot.......................... And i do not feel like donations should be given back. It would ruin the server and the server will never get dedicated host because of lack of doantions

What this guy said ^

i myself am a donor and i think of the server, not myself in these situations. i rather a healthy community with a fresh start than a few fatasses who just get re-credited for different servers.

if i remember right, XDC was a longer time ago than bitzot so anything there should NEVER count twords Zot 8.6v2
and Bitzot was only suposed to be a joke while deathzot was being finished, but because people where paying and playing, it turned into a project of its own for a while taking valuable time away from deathzot work, Thus resulting in the contributions made on Bitzot where the payment for the server work that was done. just because you got bored on there, doesnt mean you should be able to have all that same money transferred to the next project.

Above all else, Donation are Donations. You can Donate and get nothing. Be happy with what you did get. your Donations keep servers being made. that should be what you focus on, not self greed.

okey 1 got 1 question and it really worth { DID YOU GET PROTECT FROM DDOS} or we going have bad time agian ?

BETA Question.
I agree mostly with what you said but with alot of us who donated on DZOT feel like we got ripped the fuck off due to the fact of what actaully happened with the servers and him saying it was coming back up in October which never happened. Not saying we should get back our donations but we should atleast get some kind of deal atleast. Thats all i have to say to that.

My suggestion to deal with ALL former Donors, is that Donors get a Free NON teir set Equivalence of T2 set to start with.
That said, it would be Really mentally painful for Jake to have to go into getting the list of all the people who did donate way back when. and i dont feel he needs to do so.
but thats my suggestion on how to give a little back to those to gave, and to make it equal and fair to all.

Im sure Jake will make a decision about this but it wont be able to please every one, it can go either way

For the donations. I see why they arent giving them back if they did. There would be no money for dedi and no one would need to donated. We all know a lot of people donated $xxxx on deathz. And as for bizot donations they will transfer because it was up just to give there dedicated players something to do. Then Shawn opened Xdc and a lot have been playing around on it. Cant wait til the server is releashed. Maybe ill see yall in closed beta if not ill be on xdc til deathz or shawn closes it. xD

Just wonder since there is going to be a closed beta, if there can be an open one as well? Then reset everyone fresh and start the server?

This way everyone has a fair chance at it. Just a thought.

Let me clear some stuff on donations:

For one it's not 100% my server anymore and it's not like I have all those donations sitting in a bank account to give 50% to Xagul. This server is now equally as much mine as it is Xaguls. We're trying to find a way to give some kind of compensation (not reward points) to people who contributed a lot to the old server. DeathZot v2 is like almost an entire new server, so it would feel weird getting points back because what you donated for on v1 is most likely not in v2. Throughout my years of playing Admin Death's servers I donated quite a bit, and if you played his servers you would be familiar with how often he use to wipe them. Most of the time he didn't give donations back and it wasn't until I made DeathZot that I understood why. With the amount of time put into (quality otservers) you almost have to treat it like a job. I could not afford to put as much time into this server (Xagul as well) assuming we wouldn't make anything from it. Not only that, but it would ultimately destroy DeathZot v2 if old donations were given back because the economy would be a madhouse.

Because you may be curious - I did the math on how much the server made from donations AFTER paying for dedicated fees and paying taxes on it (Yes I had to pay taxes on them). The amount made after donations was about the same amount as if I were to work at McDonalds for 7.25$/hour.

-

As for the beta it will just be a 1-2 day test (vocation, monsters, map). I'm going out of state this weekend so I wanted to do a small test to see where the server is at, that way when I get back I will hopefully have a list of map bugs to start working on. Xagul is going to host the test server from his computer.

For one it's not 100% my server anymore and it's not like I have all those donations sitting in a bank account to give 50% to Xagul. This server is now equally as much mine as it is Xaguls. We're trying to find a way to give some kind of compensation (not reward points) to people who contributed a lot to the old server. DeathZot v2 is like almost an entire new server, so it would feel weird getting points back because what you donated for on v1 is most likely not in v2. Throughout my years of playing Admin Death's servers I donated quite a bit, and if you played his servers you would be familiar with how often he use to wipe them. Most of the time he didn't give donations back and it wasn't until I made DeathZot that I understood why. With the amount of time put into (quality otservers) you almost have to treat it like a job. I could not afford to put as much time into this server (Xagul as well) assuming we wouldn't make anything from it. Not only that, but it would ultimately destroy DeathZot v2 if old donations were given back because the economy would be a madhouse.

Because you may be curious - I did the math on how much the server made from donations AFTER paying for dedicated fees and paying taxes on it (Yes I had to pay taxes on them). The amount made after donations was about the same amount as if I were to work at McDonalds for 7.25$/hour.

-

As for the beta it will just be a 1-2 day test (vocation, monsters, map). I'm going out of state this weekend so I wanted to do a small test to see where the server is at, that way when I get back I will hopefully have a list of map bugs to start working on. Xagul is going to host the test server from his computer.
I like that :) I mean we donated but we donated for our fun. we had fun and now we will have fun again :) Im happy that I did my point on keeping the server alive. guess thats how we should see it is it ? ;D

Cya when you are back :)

-

Sounds awesome im glad your not giving back donations even tho i have donated XD. There will be hopefully a small list of bugs and shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back