• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
progress looks amazing keep it up, i will be there when it comes on!!

servers coming along great, you two are really putting in a lot of effort. cant wait to play!

Syn, have you ever thought about using the gold for the rebirth system? Like for first rebirth you would need a (x) amount and then for the next rebirth you need (x) amount. Each time someone rebirths the amount of gold required increases. This way people can't just rebirth right away which will allow others to have a chance to catch up.

I know but why not add requirements to even rebirth :eek: such as cost per revoc

Edit: This should allow people to work hard for their rebirths instead of just rebirthing right away. Since there are only 2 rebirths

do you retain the passive from the previous class if you revoc into something different?

Because you already need to get like level 25k to revoc

@Flatlander
Hahahha Well i am fucked then, but does it actually work 100% of the time and no problem with it?
Its also that.
I know when to admit defeat, but there could be issues with it and also why make randomize mob killing insted of having better quest?
I know making real quests takes longer time and takes some thinking.
But i rather have Quality of QUANTITY.
Rather have a great fucking server with nice quests then a great fucking server with guy who gives you shit that tells you to kill shit :p
If you could do so you gotta give him some loot/explore/Do something you usualy dont do, then its a great fucking idea ^^

There's almost no limitations on scripts, almost anything is possible so don't be afraid to suggest stuff because you think it "can't be done".

If you remember the old lockpicking system on bill's deathzot that was a really fun adventure exploring for all the lockboxes throught the sever. Would be great to see something similar to that :D

with a script i'd like you to form a npc that gives me positive daily advice , that'll always lighten my mood but i want it to seem like hes a real ai kinda like talkbot :D so even when i have nobody else ill have good guy dzot bot ;') something like that'd make my day all the more better

If you want to troll people just add GM OWNAGE from otchaos into the server. I wonder how many people remember him :eek:. For those who do not remember him he was a npc who would broadcast jokes and if he caught you spamming around him he would instantly ban you hahaha.

If you want to troll people just add GM OWNAGE from otchaos into the server. I wonder how many people remember him :eek:. For those who do not remember him he was a npc who would broadcast jokes and if he caught you spamming around him he would instantly ban you hahaha.
5$ to this great idea

You should implement ( if you use the tier sort that Xagul scripted on XDC on items )
extra experience per kill on mobs not % but a set amount. the higher Tier the higher the exp. (so tier 1 can go from 10-100) <- dont know the monsters exp on this server.
Extra gold/loot on EQ aswell. or just certain drops such as loot/exp/gold orbs.
"You see a leather coat. (37 billion arm).
50 % chance on getting an exp orb" <- that is 50% out of if we say 10% then its 15% chance to get it :p
Just small things like that will also make the manual levlers to want to get that on their equipment :)

You should implement ( if you use the tier sort that Xagul scripted on XDC on items )
extra experience per kill on mobs not % but a set amount. the higher Tier the higher the exp. (so tier 1 can go from 10-100) <- dont know the monsters exp on this server.
Extra gold/loot on EQ aswell. or just certain drops such as loot/exp/gold orbs.
"You see a leather coat. (37 billion arm).
50 % chance on getting an exp orb" <- that is 50% out of if we say 10% then its 15% chance to get it :p
Just small things like that will also make the manual levlers to want to get that on their equipment :)
I actually like this idea... however it wouldn't work. Bosses only drop t1-t2 eq (as far as I know, using last era as reference) so it wouldn't work at all. As for 50% chance orb and etc. I suggested something earlier about that, using a ticket and your char will get bonus for a set amount of time.

If you played the first era it goes x t1 = t2, x t2 = t3 etc.

It has been an amazing journey helping Jake and Xagul with Deathzot.

I'm really glad you guys enjoyed the mapping so far:)

The progression looks great guys keep it up. Maps looks great. Can't wait to play. Maybe I won't be busy on the next beta yall do :p
I seen Bizot was taken down lol. And sorry for those that added me on league and havent replied been busy with real. Mom has been to doctor 4 times this week. Ill keep checking up here as much as I can.

@Flatlander
Hahahha Well i am fucked then, but does it actually work 100% of the time and no problem with it?
Its also that.
I know when to admit defeat, but there could be issues with it and also why make randomize mob killing insted of having better quest?
I know making real quests takes longer time and takes some thinking.
But i rather have Quality of QUANTITY.
Rather have a great fucking server with nice quests then a great fucking server with guy who gives you shit that tells you to kill shit :p
If you could do so you gotta give him some loot/explore/Do something you usualy dont do, then its a great fucking idea ^^

I didn't say it was good, just said it was possible, the script I made could even grab summons or bosses, so it is badly scripted, but it is scripted.

Any quest made for a game shouldn't be completely random, that is the lazy way out. Puzzles, adventure, thought, and challenges are what makes a good quest, not killing 50000 wyrms to get 5000 extra exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back