• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hoping for it to come online for a beta or something for a couple of weeks now, but now I find myself hoping that it won't be on this weekend because I'll be away.

The progress is looking great, especially Kokoa.

You can now see a video displaying every vocation's spells on the front page under the "Vocations" tab.

Click here

Very glad to see this happening again ! Any ETA when it's coming? Or beta or test or smth? Let me know :)

Btw; U still gonna make some vocations pay2play? I really didin't like that part of the game, so just wondering :D
Gl tho !! Glad u got some more ppl to work with u, especially Xagul !

Good luck man :)

"I'm not very good at mapping ice"

-@Snuggles 2k14

Old:
sE7mz7I.jpg

New:
bmx3ogt.jpg

Very glad to see this happening again ! Any ETA when it's coming? Or beta or test or smth? Let me know :)

Btw; U still gonna make some vocations pay2play? I really didin't like that part of the game, so just wondering :D
Gl tho !! Glad u got some more ppl to work with u, especially Xagul !

Good luck man :)
The server will be released with about 9 vocations and we will add new ones. I think for the first two weeks only premium players will be allowed to create a new vocation, after two weeks it will be free to play. The reason for this (and why other vocs were donate only) is because I didn't want people mass creating new vocations, and I also didn't want massive complaints about 'unbalanced' vocations. It was easier for me to get feedback from the players who donated for them, rather than trying to take feedback from a lot of people.

I actually like this idea... however it wouldn't work. Bosses only drop t1-t2 eq (as far as I know, using last era as reference) so it wouldn't work at all. As for 50% chance orb and etc. I suggested something earlier about that, using a ticket and your char will get bonus for a set amount of time.

If you played the first era it goes x t1 = t2, x t2 = t3 etc.

But that would also make botter being able to use it.
Botter should not get bonus experience/money/loot in any kind :p that is why the orb's exists in the first place.
If you would get more orbs = better for manual levlers and people would not complain about botters as much :p

Gold Sink & Fishing

The Idea - Having a few items turned into fishing items as well as the basic pole and mechanical pole.
things like " Line on a Branch" - uses a branch as a pole
"Old Fishing Spear" - Maybe a pitchfork or something else u can find thats not in use
"Spear Gun" - possibly 1 of the xbows if there is 1 not in use that looks semi like a spear gun

And having like 4-5 grades of Fishing items that you buy, require no worms, but have Charges before they break and vanish. and it takes a charge regardless of if you catch something or not. so u may have great luck and catch something on every charge, or on none of your charges. Also, when you catch something ( not a fish but a creature) it should be a creature with like 100-300hp and 99.9% damage reduction. it shouldn't have massive power at any stage as to not have people spawning them blocking hunting zones or quests. but when the creature dies it should have huge chance for a Loot/Boss/ or Exp orb to drop. as well as having high chances for Teir items inside the body, Grade 1 Fishing item spawned creatures could expect to have T1 in loot table. my theory on how this could work ingame and with the economy could be something like this;

Estimated economy will be based on T1 items costing 500gp per item, Where do i get this value? well, from the 2 days i played, and played hard. i got 25k. so lets say 12.5k per day of work, and i know i could probably push 20k a day if i had more hours awake. but i also had over 130 equivalent pieces of T1 gear acquired in that same time. ( Full t3 set, some 3 extra items, a 2 T4 weapons ) Which would make my money earned vs Teir ratio being T1 items = 200gp but i would expect people to want more in money for their items than the labor cost to farm them exactly resulting in Teir costs being as follows;

T1 items - 500 gp
T2 items - 1,500gp
T3 items - 4,500 gp
T4 items - 13,500gp
T5 items - 40,500gp
T6 items - 121.500gp
T7 items - 364,500gp
T8 items - 1.093,500gp
T9 items -3,280,500gp
T10 items -9,841,500gp

Fishing Grade 1 item;
Cost - 500gp
Charges - 5
Catch Rate - 20% chance per charge ( if possible to make Fishing Level not effect Catch rate of item)
Spawns - Creature that drops T1 items ( usually always 1, rare 2 items )
Orbs - Exp Orb equivalence of an orb from level 500 creature, Boss map - Level 200 boss map, Loot Orb - level 200 loot.

Fishing Grade 2 item;
Cost - 2,500gp
Charges - 5
Catch Rate - 20% chance per charge ( if possible to make Fishing Level not effect Catch rate of item)
Spawns - Creature that drops T2 items ( usually always 1, rare 2 items )
Orbs - Exp Orb equivalence of an orb from level 1500 creature, Boss map - Level 500 boss map, Loot Orb - level 500 loot.

Fishing Grade 3 item;
Cost - 7,500gp
Charges - 5
Spawns - Creature that drops T3 items ( usually always 1, rare 2 items )
Orbs - Exp Orb equivalence of an orb from level 3000 creature, Boss map - Level 1500 boss map, Loot Orb - level 1500 loot.

Fishing Grade 4 item;
Cost - 20,000gp
Charges - 5
Spawns - Creature that drops T4 items ( usually always 1, rare 2 items )
Orbs - Exp Orb equivalence of an orb from level 6000 creature, Boss map - Level 3000 boss map, Loot Orb - level 3000 loot.

Fishing Grade 5 item;
Cost - 100,000gp
Charges - 5
Spawns - Creature that drops T5 items ( usually always 1, rare 2 items )
Orbs - Exp Orb equivalence of an orb from level 15,000 creature, Boss map - Level 6000 boss map, Loot Orb - level 6000 loot.

If the values are much different than what i shown here, people simply wont fish and will just buy items from others as it will just be MUCH cheaper. Fishing would be a good source of Teir items, but comes at a risk of not spawning anything, or getting lucky and spawning multiple times, Rewarded with BIG exp rewards ( yes, when i say loot orb from a 15,000 creature i dont mean the exp of that 15,000 creature, but the ORB that the creature would drop, you get the same exp) But the cost and efficency is something that would have to be balanced with the economy.

GOLD - i Truly hope that it doesnt get inflated even at a really high level, i would like to be level 10k and still only get like 40k a day of pushing at the absolute Most.

All in all i still strongly suggest making it 4 items Per upgrade instead of 3, as it will make the curve a better format IMO.

But this was just my half assed scrambled together thought for fishing and the gold sink problem.

i would like to also add that if the upgrade cost was changed from 3 items to 4 items per teir the Estimated econemy cost of

T1 items - 500 gp
T2 items - 1,500gp
T3 items - 4,500 gp
T4 items - 13,500gp
T5 items - 40,500gp
T6 items - 121.500gp
T7 items - 364,500gp
T8 items - 1.093,500gp
T9 items -3,280,500gp
T10 items -9,841,500gp

would change to
T1 items - 500gp
T2 items - 2,000gp
T3 items - 8,000gp
T4 items - 32,000gp
T5 items - 128,000gp
T6 items - 512,000gp
T7 items - 2,048,000gp
T8 items - 8,192,000gp
T9 items - 32,768,000gp
T10 items - 131,072,000gp

and i feel that would be a better cost ratio of estimated value than the current, because at current pace, after 10 days of playing the server live, i will be able to have Mostly a Full T6 set and maybe a T7 weapon from loot & Cash economy sold items.

I personally don't think you should be able to buy equipment I think it ruin's the purpose of bosses etc. Just my opinion

I personally don't think you should be able to buy equipment I think it ruin's the purpose of bosses etc. Just my opinion

Equipment is what runs the economy, with no economy u have no social interaction, and a server with no economy and social interaction would just fail.

I think with buying equipment the botting for money would reach a hiiiiiiigh level. Aswell as that bosses would be kinda not worth beeign found and passwords not worth anymore. i mean when you hunt them you are like verylucky if you get the piece you need. this way you can just buy what you need and the trading would get 2. choice. I agree to most of the ideas obama shoots out but I dont like this one :p atleast not with gold

Uniques would be dope in that sense but on how to obtain them and how rare would they be would be my question if it was added

I don't think it would be bad to make equipment buyable, it will make people have to interact alot more :D I like it

it looks like you people think that im referring to a cost to just buy eq from an npc... thats the price its going to cost from players, not an npc. based on the gold earned from 2 days playing vs the eq gained from 2 days playing u can get a idea of what the price-line of the economy will be like. if u like the price or not, it does not matter, as in reality, it will be the rough idea of what they will really cost when u want to buy them from other players regardless. the only thing that really matters is if there is any gold sinks on the server to make money have any value at all, and the only value money can hold is to use it to get new things of value, thus, More gear or bonuses.

If I was to make the fishing system for the server, it would have at least 3 functions.

First, fishing would fish (like normal fishing) and fish would be usable in some way (Maybe you can sell them to an NPC and different fish are worth different amounts).

Second, Sometimes a sea monster would get pulled up, and you will have to fight it.

Third, Sometimes the sea monster would pull you INTO the water (underwater level) and you'd have to fight your way back to the surface.

If I was to make the fishing system for the server, it would have at least 3 functions.

First, fishing would fish (like normal fishing) and fish would be usable in some way (Maybe you can sell them to an NPC and different fish are worth different amounts).

Second, Sometimes a sea monster would get pulled up, and you will have to fight it.

Third, Sometimes the sea monster would pull you INTO the water (underwater level) and you'd have to fight your way back to the surface.

I FUCKING LIKE YOU

Pulling you back sounds pretty awesome, i would probably fish 24/7 just to feel the adrenalin. :rolleyes:. adding this would make alot of players truly happy.
should put a time limit on it as well, so you have to fight with skills, and not just bot the shit.

Pulling you back sounds pretty awesome, i would probably fish 24/7 just to feel the adrenalin. :rolleyes:. adding this would make alot of players truly happy.
should put a time limit on it as well, so you have to fight with skills, and not just bot the shit.

Naturally, you would be drowning underwater.

There are 3 levels of excitement:
  1. Looting rare fish that are worth a lot
  2. Fishing up rare monsters that are challenging with decent loot chances
  3. Being pulled into the water (Random dungeon)
If like 10 dungeons were made, a botter would have a much harder time fishing, because if they did get pulled under water, and didn't get back to the surface because their bot didn't have waypoints for that dungeon... = dead botter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back