• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you were to add unique i would suggest you make something like the "rifts" in ros, where you need to find some kind of 5x secret items from certain world bosses where the drop chance would be low lets say 2-4%. and you are able to get into some kind of private place/room by activating these 5 items. If you're in party, the party members will get tped as well. Inside that place you have to kill a certain amount of mobs, and open 3 seals within 10 min. After that a boss spawns and drops 1 unique.
Not sure if my idea is good, just came out of my 5 days ros playing non-stop :D

if you were to add unique i would suggest you make something like the "rifts" in ros, where you need to find some kind of 5x secret items from certain world bosses where the drop chance would be low lets say 2-4%. and you are able to get into some kind of private place/room by activating these 5 items. If you're in party, the party members will get tped as well. Inside that place you have to kill a certain amount of mobs, and open 3 seals within 10 min. After that a boss spawns and drops 1 unique.
Not sure if my idea is good, just came out of my 5 days ros playing non-stop :D

Best Shit for non botters, And they could compete well with botters too

Mapping looks great, but i just wanted to say reguarding the vocations... Less is more, no need to make them overly complicated like this is LoL

I think it would be cool if you would have to sail to certain locations in the ocean such as in XDC (trying to get to quaras) and each destination would require money and level to reach it. If you are able to reach for example: Stage 1 you can fish certain species.(some species well try to fight you which well drop orbs or maybe items)/Stage 2 you can fish bigger and fight stronger species (example : fight a quara mandrain)//stage 3 you can loot heavier fishes <prevent botters from staying afk in 1 spot but force them to sell their loot or keep for storage> the types of marine life can be like sharks (JAWS) such as seen in dzot v 1.0///etc.(also people well have to plan their trips to be able to carry the most cap and also be able to make their money back from the hunt)

EDIT: It would be cool to have twists during the sail such as "ABANDON SHIP//WE'RE GOING OVER BOARD" And people would have to find a way to escape/(Like the GHOST SHIP as you are going to Darashia)

To any thing like "abandon ship"/"getting dragged down to the sea" is an idea that sounds intresting but is quiet the annoyance.
I use fishing on tibia for relaxation and being social.
I don't wanna sail somewhere and get dragged into some raid shit. like ghost ship, i fucking hate that shit.
no matter the game, a player should NEVER be forced to go somewhere when they do not chose to.
If i get send wrong when i go by boat, i'll get very pissed off. because if you wanna go and hunt (you really feel like it) and then you have to fight your way back up (out of supplies and shit like that).
It just means a cheap death and annoyence.
That is why supprise things like that should not work :p
THO the fishing island that Gunzz123 talked about does not sound like a bad idea :)

To any thing like "abandon ship"/"getting dragged down to the sea" is an idea that sounds intresting but is quiet the annoyance.
I don't wanna sail somewhere and get dragged into some raid shit. like ghost ship, i fucking hate that shit.
no matter the game, a player should NEVER be forced to go somewhere when they do not chose to.
If i get send wrong when i go by boat, i'll get very pissed off. because if you wanna go and hunt (you really feel like it) and then you have to fight your way back up (out of supplies and shit like that).
THO the fishing island that Gunzz123 talked about does not sound like a bad idea :)

thats why you are a botter and would like to do as you did on dzot first fishing?

No matter what, if fishing is to be something cool or interesting, it has to be made so you cannot bot it, otherwise I'll log on over 900 clients and just fish-bot all of them.

No matter what, if fishing is to be something cool or interesting, it has to be made so you cannot bot it, otherwise I'll log on over 900 clients and just fish-bot all of them.

duke couldnt you try to make this Fishing system you talked about it sounds fucking amazing

If you get sent to the wrong boat? Don't play then, there is a key that has a chance to send you to a boss boat(has pirate ghost) instead of to the island.

this is why i feel fishing needs to be made into the Gold sink issue we are facing, having it be rewarding, but also require your hard earned time getting gold to do, since gold isnt easily botted on this server and 85% of it comes from manually stepping into the gold orbs.

Dlite99 I don't agree with a lot of stuff you say for a few reasons.

1. Randomization helps keep things interesting. Let's use League of Legends for example: people play thousands of games on 5x5 and don't get bored, why? Because every game is always something different (theres millions of different team combinations). Imagine playing the game and every time you play it's always this same 5x5 champs - it would get kind of boring, don't you think?
2. Another example would be real map servers or evolutions. They're boring because it's always the same thing with no variety. In real maps you do the same thing every time you play them. And with evolution servers it's always about getting the level so you can hunt in the next teleport.

Linear progression without any randomization or 'chance' is very boring and promotes stale gameplay. The idea Flatlander had about fishing was very good because it provides some kind of variation, rather than always knowing the exact outcome. The fishing system is being reworked because it was boring (after the removal of bosses).

Dlite99 I don't agree with a lot of stuff you say for a few reasons.

1. Randomization helps keep things interesting. Let's use League of Legends for example: people play thousands of games on 5x5 and don't get bored, why? Because every game is always something different (theres millions of different team combinations). Imagine playing the game and every time you play it's always this same 5x5 champs - it would get kind of boring, don't you think?
2. Another example would be real map servers or evolutions. They're boring because it's always the same thing with no variety. In real maps you do the same thing every time you play them. And with evolution servers it's always about getting the level so you can hunt in the next teleport.

Linear progression without any randomization or 'chance' is very boring and promotes stale gameplay. The idea Flatlander had about fishing was very good because it provides some kind of variation, rather than always knowing the exact outcome. The fishing system is being reworked because it was boring (after the removal of bosses).

I would love to see Flats idea about fishing system it would be a great thing to add for ppl that doesnt bot

Could you add some sort of " !sex comment? Cause when I meet flatlander inagme He might expect me to pick up the soap for him for this amazing fishing system.

@Synthetic_ - Have you given any thought to making some kind of diversity between the 3 melee weapons? ( Sword, Axe, Club ) or will they all stay the same and be bag fillers?

We initially thought it would be cool to do something with melee weapons similar to XDC but we decided not to because on XDC it required a lot of extra stuff just to make some viable. We wanted to have a variation in melee weapon so we decided to use clubs, swords and axes. We also hope this will help out the economy by allowing more room for trading.

Sadface :( then i guess i will take the most hated option as to hope for the most trade value.

Let it be known.

OBAMANIZER CLAIMS CLUBS. so if you go clubs as well, u will be in competition with me.

I really can't wait much longer, do anyone know when the server will open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back