• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope this beta lasts till the end of next weekend, so it can actually let people get some testing done farther than before to find if there is anything thats bad with them zones.

i hope this beta lasts till the end of next weekend, so it can actually let people get some testing done farther than before to find if there is anything thats bad with them zones.
totally agree so we can get a feel of whats next + so we can see if there are any bugs later on

I personally feel that ammo is to expensive, who would hunt with it if they can't even break even? It's not even going to boost your exp that much since it's based off of weapon damage too. Just my thoughts.

Warring: This is long....

Hey I just wanted to suggest something and say something.
Subject: Archer DPS Spells [Strafe, Rain of Arrows]

Fist off I just want to say I love the Rain of Arrows spell I think it is a useful spell for archer and SHOULD not be touched in any way. I am using this spell for a representation of a "sustained DPS" spell.

What is a sustained DPS spell? Well a sustained dps spell is commonly refereed to a spell that dose mid to fast attacks over time dealing low to mid amounts of dmg. This is new to Tibia biased privet servers. In games like TERA and Perfect World International ( if you guys even know what those are) the creators make the game with the idea of High DPS spells and gear.
Tibia's creator however didn't.... This is why you don't see these spells in Real-Tibia.

How do the other games get this to work?
Essay, They rely on support classes to heal MOST of their HP rather than pots. Also their pots dont heal instantly, they heal over time. In DZ case this doesn't apply.
But it dose! Pots have a XX cool down to use another!(back to death zot) Well think about it this way. You just have a infinite amount of invisible pots and the game heals for you once you lose HP. This was added in to DZ (love this idea) Well that means there is a X time of witch the game heal you again, called exhaustion time.

So why did I take the time to explain this all?
Well Really this is an explanation why These kind of spells do not work in Tibia PVP OT or not.

Why am I still reading this?
I do not know. People call me crazy and stupid when i say "but it still SUX"

Continue?
Yes I will, SO The spell assassinate of a Ninja is a great example of this, hits fast, low dmg, but will never bee AS GOOD as burst dps spells IN TIBIA PVP due to the "instant high healing" of pots(automatic healing i this case). ( not saying re work the whole ot please do not get the wrong idea)

Do I need to be good at math to know how this works?
No just take it like this....
(in retrospect, non of this is real, use some imagination)
Spell: Furry ( this is not a real spell), description: attack 10 times in 15 seconds, 15 second cool down, with low dmg
Spell: Blast, description: attacks once, 10 second cool down
Healing: activated every 10 seconds

So i use furry and in 15 seconds I will deal my full dmg but at the 10 second mark my opponent would have healed, so the extra 5 seconds of dmg would of meant nothing towards the overall dmg. So the OVERALL dmg is reduced to that segment from 0 seconds, when you begin to attack, to 10 seconds, from then the healing is casted.

I use blast spell and deal THE FULL OVERALL DMG in 1 shot and waits 10 seconds to do it again. Full dmg is dealt so healing doesn't cut off the over all dmg.

So this is the full explanation of how Sustained DPS spells are better for pve rather than pvp cuz you just know normal mobs generally don't heal, right?

That is why Strafe is a bad "end game" spell and should also get a 1-3 shot spell that would work better in pvp wise. (Hint: those of you that played XDC and I said Assassinate sux, This is why.)

Ninjas git a nice Burst dps spell but archer are stuck here and this is why the dmg feel a bit low in these lower lvs and the gap will only increase over time as the lvs get higher.

So yea sorry this is a bit long but I thought it was past over due that I explained this a bit as simple as possible.

There are some other factors , this is not the only one, that play into why these spells don't do well in tibia but it's to long to type.

If you agree please like this post.

Last edited:
Very long post indeed.

This would be a great explanation of why sustain dps is bad in Deathzot except for 1 key point that you seemed to miss.

To ensure you that I understand fully what you are trying to explain, I will give an example:
  1. If the victim of said attack had a total of 1000 health, and the single hit ability did 1000 damage, said victim would die.
  2. If the same victim was hit 3 times for 334 every second, he would not die because of the healing interval every 2 seconds thus causing 1 of the hits to be 2ms too late.

The problem with that logic is that no character is dying to another character in a single hit. For that reason the difference between a single character doing 1 hit hit vs 3 small hits doesn't really matter all that much.
The only time you will see a difference in the 2 attacks is if you are comboing with multiple people, then obviously the burst vocs will be ideal for that situation.

Lets move on to the actual vocations/spells in question. Damage per hit will be a multipler of the base damage which can be thought of as any number you wish, lets take 100 for example.

Healing Interval: 2000ms (2 seconds)
Base Damage: 100

Lets start with a burst spell since that is the type of spell that you are saying is better than the rest.

Shade - Shadow Bolt / Hit Speed: 2000ms / Hits: 1 / Hit Multiplier: 2.5
First we take our time window for the healing to occur and divide it by the speed of the hits for the number of hits we can deal within that 2 seconds.
2000 / 2000 = 1
Thus we can hit 1 time in 2 seconds.
Next we multiply the amount of hits and the multiplier to get the total damage dealt in those 2 seconds. (Then Multiply that by the base damage to get a nice even number to look at)
1*2.5 = 2.5 (2.5*100 = 250 damage)

Ninja - Assassinate / Hit Speed: 300ms / Hits: 8 / Hit Multiplier: 0.5
2000 / 300 = 6.6
We need to round down to 6 since you cannot hit .6 times realistically.
6*0.5 = 3 (3*100 = 300 damage)

Illusionist - Mana Coils / Hit Speed: 600ms / Hits: 3 / Hit Multiplier: 0.8
2000/600 = 3.3
Round the 3.3 down to 3~
3*0.8 = 2.4 (2.4*100 = 240 damage)
Illusionist however, has illusion which will increase overall output by 50% which will result in 360 total damage output (assuming illusion is summoned throughout the entire attack).

Archer - Strafe / Hit Speed: 750ms / Hits: 3 / Hit Multiplier: 0.85
2000/750 = 2.66~
Round~ 2
2*0.85 = 1.7 (1.7*100 = 170 damage)

Zealot - Zeal / Hit Speed: 400ms / Hits: 3 / Hit Multiplier: 0.7
2000/400 = 5
This spell however has a 2 second exhaust so we can only hit 3 times per 3 seconds anyway so we ignore the 5 and go with 3.
3*0.7 = 2.1 (2.1*100 = 210 damage)

So as you can see, the overall trend is that the damage per 2 second interval is actually pretty close to the same for all the spells with the exception of archer.
To say that sustain damage does not work on tibia, that's clearly not the case. To say archer is weaker than other similar vocations in Deathzot, turns out that does appear to be true.
Welcome to beta.

The archer multiplier will be increased to 1.2, which will yield a total damage output of 240 if you plug that number into the above equations. That should bring it in line with the rest.

Last edited:
any plans to have VIP/Premium be able to hold like 5 more !looting slots if possible? would be a nice addition to premium.

i am Requesting that you please take out ammo from the Black loot orbs. They are considered trash loot to most since they have taken the place of teir gear, and make black orbs feel really... REALLY disappointing now and not fun at all.. if anything, add the ammo to its own custom orb, that would be nice..... but please dont kill the fun-factor of the black orbs.........

Rather that continuously saying "I'm not playing here qqq" why don't you actually post EXACTLY what doesn't feel like deathzot. And don't tell me the fact that healing is automatic is the only reason cuz I will slap your mother.
And if you are just posting to provoke an argument, then get the fuck outta my thread. Thank you.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as an asshole, but I actually read through all your posts because I actually do care, and I thought maybe I could get a bit of feedback. But out of the 5 posts you made claiming you are not going to play anymore, I haven't seen a single useful piece of information.

P.S.
Server back up lol.
Also T3 anni is working now.
Which part of 3 ots crammed into 1 didnt u understand? i mean its pretty obviously this isnbt DZOT anymore.. all im really saying. I came to play dzot not a mix of bitzot and xdc MIXED iwth a lil of dzot.. TAHTS MY whole point im not one of this kids who dick rides you and every one of ur servers cause there all ass and i only ever liekd dzot but now u guys kinda took the good shit away its jus like everyone of ur other servers complete junk.

Not being a ass i would make a list of all the shit i dont like but i think its easier jus to make a list of shit i do like because its a lot less then shit i dont like. I like fishing the new loot system the orbs new tier system but thats about it everything else... dunno wtf u guys did

Last edited:
Which part of 3 ots crammed into 1 didnt u understand? i mean its pretty obviously this isnbt DZOT anymore.. all im really saying. I came to play dzot not a mix of bitzot and xdc MIXED iwth a lil of dzot.. TAHTS MY whole point im not one of this kids who dick rides you and every one of ur servers cause there all ass and i only ever liekd dzot but now u guys kinda took the good shit away its jus like everyone of ur other servers complete junk.

Not being a ass i would make a list of all the shit i dont like but i think its easier jus to make a list of shit i do like because its a lot less then shit i dont like. I like fishing the new loot system the orbs new tier system but thats about it everything else... dunno wtf u guys did

ezgif_save.gif

I can complete agree with you this isn't fucking deathzot lol. this is some OT with every new system you could possibly think of on a deathzot map. I don't get why synthetic allowed this to happen. Could you imagine doing all this shit you did to deathzot on chaos ot? Would you still say it's the same OT?

Imagine puting all this new shit, methods, systems, ways of getting stuff on chaos and try to call it chaos OT. Xagulz, I dunt know dude u dont need to agree with me but i'm jus saying its not the deathzot I wanted. And this new shit is just boring as fuck to me.

And dont start some bullshit like "give some feedback get the fuck out my thread" I just told you what I dont like and I'm just voicing my opinion about what I think. If you dont care thats fucking great too.

its called evolution, stupid low IQ people afraid of change, and cant addapt to it, Deathzot needs to evolve, it cant stay the same forever, Sure the old was nice, the 8.6 did it justice in the beginning then went downhill, but this has allot of promise as well and seams to be the correct path of evolution it should have taken.

HOWEVER.. i cant stress enough... how much Loot orbs are making me vomit everytime i get 1 and have like a 80% chance to get Fking ammo.......................

Also, i think Blessing needs to be halfed. losing your bp can mean losing your lifes work, and at 1k paying 1k for each death when your are exploring is a huge portion of your income. just my opinion.

Ruinic Smash should not be in the game, theres no reason that RNG should decide who possibly gets the best eq faster.

I was at full t2, now im at 1 t5 3 t3s and rest t2 because of ruinic smash

Another thing I would like to say is I think the spawns are stupid cuz all people have been doing is just fishing because when you go to pandora tortoises hit to hard and you cant do anything so you go fishing to level 1k then you think maybe i could go to 1k area but thats shit xp you rather just fish. Yes there are orcs/elves but its better to fish with two people because thats the best way to get xp so personally I think either the XP should go higher in those certain areas and im sorta getting bored of just sitting looking if i loot a orb or something. Also I would like to say I have to agree with Obamanizer because of the fact you loot a loot orb every 5-10mins then you get excited and yuo get ammo its really getting aggravating and some people were talking about it in game chat.

Is there going to be an EU server once again?

Ruinic Smash should not be in the game, theres no reason that RNG should decide who possibly gets the best eq faster.

I was at full t2, now im at 1 t5 3 t3s and rest t2 because of ruinic smash
I agree to an extent.... It should become harder to upgrade as the tier gets higher, But on a different note..... All you saying "this doesn't feel like dzot" do you not realize shawn and jake didn't developed deathzot? Lol like seriously they revamped deathzot twice by putting a little twist to it each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back