• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Beta Round 2, Sadly it had to come to a end so fast. Can't wait for it to start for real! Hope my Bug finds where helpful.

@Xagul 1 question i had about bosses was that in V1 The highest level boss that was released was always pvp and all the others non pvp is that still the same or is it differant?

Also I agree about the healing runes because personally i think deathzot is meant to be a team OT so i think you should be dependant on a sioer to live the harder bosses and pvp fights and where u actually need to know when to use your heals because even if you use auto heal on your bot you can still get exhausted by using skills quite easily and die which is what we did before was wait till after they healed then combod as hard as possible. (Unless ofc i read somthing wrong lol)

after a bit playing heres some feedback:

*Add some tutorial for new guys because it's really hard to know what to do when you never played it (seen this with couple of friends who never played)
* I prefered some parts of the old map (personal opinion) but other parts of the new map are really lovely too :p
* The 400-500 lvl is pretty boring/hard and imagine what it will be on full release with all spawns packed? (maybe up the exp for lower lvls a bit)
* I don't mind getting ammo in the loot orbs but it needs to have a value... u can buy all ammo's in slot for like 5 gp each so if you drop 2 bolts it's 10 gp you could have saved (if its the right ammo). So raise ammo prize in shop or make ammo sellable for couple of gps (this way its never useless)

Question:
Are the old World bosses like Malzahar be back at release? because i miss them :( :p
This is what fishing is for. I was the first one to actually fish constantly. Fishing is really good exp in partys.
I think gems and ammo both should be sell able.

Beta was really cool. I wish we had more time to see more things but that's just how it goes. If everything works out like I hope it does I believe we will be playing this for a really long time.

One thing I suggest is not boosting the loot rate so much on bosses but instead increasing the drop rate of the map orbs. The biggest problem I was having is not being able to catch the bosses.. There just wasn't enough.

Anyway I will def be playing this when it releases. As I'm sure many of the QQ babies will as well.

ED8Uh5a.jpg

the deathzot we all new and loved :(

Well there went my internet again, I suppose this is a good time to end the beta. Once I get ahold of Synthetic and get the rest of the stuff figured out maybe we can squeeze 1 more beta in next weekend. After that hopefully release :D hope you guys had fun!

-- BETA IS OFFLINE --

I almost forgot to mention. Make sure to remember your account info, accounts will be taken to the release and characters created on an account from beta will be rewarded with a unique beta tester title!

Edit:
Little sneak peak at the beta title lol.
qDMhAdJ.jpg

Last edited:
I the beta was great and can't wait for the real one to be realeased. I really didn't think it was too hard from 400-500 on crystal spiders, maybe I just got more loot orbs then normal. I dislike how you can't do nothing but fish in Pandora until you get the level to walk through door. Also I think may some hints on the password stones would be awesome :D but other then that its a amazing ot

I the beta was great and can't wait for the real one to be realeased. I really didn't think it was too hard from 400-500 on crystal spiders, maybe I just got more loot orbs then normal. I dislike how you can't do nothing but fish in Pandora until you get the level to walk through door. Also I think may some hints on the password stones would be awesome :D but other then that its a amazing ot
There are suppose to be hints for the password stones. I think Synthetic missed a few, and some are still on moveable items so people take them (will also be fixed). You can click the turtle eggs in pandora to spawn turtles, but the real 500+ area is not pandora :D You can get there from Edrona, but I wont spoil where it is for ya. :)

Ah well yea I am new to deathotz so I didn't know there was another 500 area :D

Beta Feedback

Warning - The following statements are obviously the opinions of a true moron who knows nothing of whats spilling out his mouth.

Gems - Gem costs in the shop seam a bit ridiculous at 5k per. thats like level 20k endgame prices. i would think more like 500gp per should be more like it >.> just a wishful opinion on that end

Luck Gem - used 5 luck gems on 6 pieces of gear. Didnt have any noticable difference on a few bosses or on Orb drop rate, but didnt do any real statistical looks at it.

Mining - Not fun at all.... let me say why, First you need 10k for the pick... 10k..... Then you need to go 5 miles under the earth to mine... where you run out of your 100 Cap in like 2 minutes. then you aren't aloud to TP out, you have to walk back out cause there is no Forge or crafting stations to repair and use ore on... and after you finally repair a few times for 1k each ( the 1k seams economically fair) you take your looted ore to see what you can make... and after like 30 minutes of work. you walk out with 1 MAYBE 2 T1s...

there is no Fun factor to it... its miserable and highly avoided for something i had high hopes for... Everyone complained about the ores they had saved up from Loot orbs and whatnot to never get any loot from Ore.... Mining shouldn't be a painful feature.. it should be rewarding specially since you dont gain exp while doing it, so the soul purpose of mining is Gear.

Loot Orbs - For the Love of all that is fucking holy...... Get ammo out of the damn loot orbs....... PLEASE............ Before having a 75% chance to get Teir was fun... the 25% chance to not get teir kept it feeling acceptable.... but to Double the chance to not get teir to over 50% and add in Ammo.... Worst of all, like 20gp worth of ammo...... is douchebaggary at its highest.... Specially to nerf this.. after deleting Teir quests from edrona............
You said something about making Actual chances to loot an item inside a creature better after the ammo was added... But thats just supporting botting more than the manuals who live for seeing them loot orbs... This isnt right...... The 12 vs 2 people who said they didnt like it vs who did cant be wrong.......

Quests - You ripped out Teir quests from Edrona.... and replaced them with the Fake Teir items........ its understandable.............. But i still hate you... Add more quests ingame.

Soul Orbs - What......... Ultimate trash loot? please make sellable...

Boss Maps, Seamed Way to OverTheTop Rare of a drop... Slight buff would seam justifiable..

Candy - What is it do, 20% per eat? please make it 50%.

i had allot more but i am falling asleep at the keyboard a few times....

I like that the gems are expensive. There are alot of money sinks and I think they are there to encourage player trading rather then going straight to the npc and throwing some money at it. I don't like upgradable tiered items as quests either.. ppl were just abusing it. Your own fault. I'd like more map drops as well.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!!!! <<

I thought the same thing about mining, I didn't change it just incase it was just me but now that someone else has pointed it out I suppose ill increase the pick durability.

Ammo and soul orbs just need to come in higher quantities is all, the soul orbs are suppose to be like crunchies from old dzot but for soul xD

Boss maps are rare but then again, bosses are 1 hour spawn so you aren't really suppose to get a map every 5 minutes.

I will review luck gems, but I am fairly certain they are working. Gem prices will not be lowered, people having full sets of gems is really powerful and isn't suppose to be realistic.

Candy is meant for lower levels but a % was added so they aren't completely useless at higher levels.

I really enjoyed playing in the beta, i thought it was a great evolved version of the old dz and was fun exploring and leveling on a tibia server again.

the price for gems shouldnt be changed, i think 5k is more then enough to spend for the bonuses. I do agree with obama tho about the ammo not being in the loot orbs. I think of the ammo as more of a mid/late game item that you use to put your money in to kill shit faster and having them in loot orbs seems kinda wasteful since at the start noone really has use for them and it just takes up space.

but aside from that great beta and i cant wait for the release :)

The beta was great fun, I can't wait for the world bosses to be added, I'm sure they were mentioned before in a previous post about being put it, I might be mistaken though. But the idea of having teams of people working together killing something stupidly hard was great fun. And as for the ammo from orbs, It didn't bother me to much. I just kept it in my DP, In a backpack so when it came to me wanting to use it, I had enough of it.

Events were fun, Dodge ball being my favourite by far, It's nice to see Deathz with an event system, other than world bosses of course. It gives it that extra bit of fun, not that it's needed given how fun the server actually is, but it's nice.

And about the soul orbs, at a lower level (Looting them from orbs in Enigma) I was carrying a good few on me and using them regularly to keep my soul up to make sure I could do enough damage not to die, especially on the T1 weapons quest.

I've been around since the very first era of Chaos and Deathz, And to see from what it was, to what it is now its just amazing.

I also think that boss maps should be more frequent - I must have played for around 18 hours this weekend and I didn't even get 5 maps.

With loot orbs, your heart start thumping really fast when you see one, then its the biggest let-down when you get candy or ammo.

I'm happy with the archer buff, I think it was necessary.

Overall, I'm glad to see how far it's come, can't wait for the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back