• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[DEFUNCT] Otland Desk - Otland.net desktop aplication

This looks amazing, I would use it all the time. I would always look at the challenge for all scripters thing. Good job.

IMO it would be better as a Gadget for the Windows Sidebar or as a Windows 8 App.

How does it work? I'd say, no to this program if it has the following:
Refresh rate.

With that it will be a potential DDoS attack.

Can you imaging that program making connection request every 10 - 30 seconds with atleast 100 users or more(IDK maybe less)? it also verifies every board.

How does it work? I'd say, no to this program if it has the following:
Refresh rate.

With that it will be a potential DDoS attack.

Can you imaging that program making connection request every 10 - 30 seconds with atleast 100 users or more(IDK maybe less)? it also verifies every board.

How could a program like this be without a refresh rate?

A refresh rate is essential in order to get the recent differences/updates regarding an RSS feed?

Depending on how good the otland vbulletin api is, he is more or less forced to follow the boundaries. I doubt otland will forcefully push RSS updates to listening peers without them requesting it.

Edit: Now as a fellow programmer I am kinda curious, how do you create such a program without having a refreshing interval loop to compare the received status?

Last edited:
How could a program like this be without a refresh rate?

A refresh rate is essential in order to get the recent differences/updates regarding an RSS feed?

Depending on how good the otland vbulletin api is, he is more or less forced to follow the boundaries. I doubt otland will forcefully push RSS updates to listening peers without them requesting it.

Edit: Now as a fellow programmer I am kinda curious, how do you create such a program without having a refreshing interval loop to compare the received status?

Ye :p I DUN GOOF'D! he surely is using RSS feeds.

It seems to be nice idea but I am not convinced of using it because honestly I am not addicted to this board, I am just checking it from time to time.

tho it might be helfpul for peoples which present everyday in here

Cool idea, but yeah, the design is very important. I'll try it out. :)

/Jonas

Back