• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

deleted thread

I would love to see an actual guild war event such as Viking Server had back in 8.0. It was a castle event that took place every Sunday for a certain amount of time and players (in guilds) had to fight off other guilds from the top of the castle. At the top was a tile (or lever) where at least one member of your guild had to stand (or pull the lever) and dominate it for at least 5 minutes straight (configurable) to conquer the castle. You of course fight, kill each other...do whatever it takes to win. Once the guild has won, that guild owns the castle until the next event (until someone else wins). Within the castle are special shops (15% more gold), trainers (faster skills than normal ones), hunting areas, etc.

This was so fun...there have been guild events released here, but nothing like this! :thumbup:
Make sure the castle is huge! Possibly add random raids within the castle to make domination even MORE challenging. Team work is KEY here.

This will require editions in:
  • lib
  • globalevents
  • actions
  • movements
  • talkactions (for team messages?)
  • php/html for site (who owns castle?)
If you made this in to a single mod file, I'd be pretty excited...bringing back memories. Good luck, hope you decide to do this!

or instead of raids - Guards that will assist in defending the castle and those guards wont attack the owners of the castle. Could be easier to do NPCs for this instead of monsters?

An Home Tp Scorll Would Be PERFECT!

A Scroll That When You Click On It.. You Come To Your House. Cannot use it in a fight. Exauhst time is About 1min. :)

can you send the script to me later in PM? :)

Can you make a script where when you find items you have a chance of it being "hidden potential". If you find an item with hidden potential you have to buy a scroll to reveal it and when you reveal it, there is a chance where in can be unique, rare, epic, godly etc.. and the better it is the better stats it adds.

or instead of raids - Guards that will assist in defending the castle and those guards wont attack the owners of the castle. Could be easier to do NPCs for this instead of monsters?

When writing code, you don't really strive to take the easy way out. Also, raids aren't even difficult to make.

This idea is a bit complex and I don't know if you were looking for something this in depth but I figure I'd post it here anyways. Was gonna be in Premium board only, but there was no discussion there.

Types of Mythology.

Code:
Scandinavian
Greek
Indian
Egyptian
Chinese
Hindu
Roman
Japanese
Korean
German

10 types of mythology, 100s of gods to please.

You start as any of the 10 citizens. Scandinavian through German. You start with nothing but a basic set of equipment. You won't be able to do anything until you complete quests to please a god. I will use greek mythology to explain everything.

Greek Gods

Code:
Zeus: Chief of the gods.
Demeter: Goddess of crops.
Apollo: God of the sun.
Aphrodite: Goddess of sensual love.
Ares: God of war.
Athena: Goddess of wisdom.
Hermes: Messenger of the gods.
Hephaestos: God of fire.
Hestia: Goddess of the hearth.
Pan: The god of sheperds and flocks.
Orpheus: Singer in greek mythology.
Nyx: Night goddess.
Nemisis: Goddess of punishment.
Kronos: Greek god of time.
Jupiter: God of thunder.
Hera: Goddess of heaven.
Hades: God of the underworld.
Dionysus: God of wine and revelry.
Delphi Oracle: Very influential oracle.
Artemis: Greek goddess of the moon.
Sibyl: Women who lived in caves and were renowned for their gift of prophecy.
Poseidon: Greek god of the sea.
Persephone: Goddess of spring.
Charon: Boatman who ferried souls of the dead.
Hecate: Daughter of zeus and demeter.
Tyche: Greek goddess of luck.

Fishing: To fish is a basic quest you must complete in a tutorial that you must please the god of the sea to do. You cannot fish until you please Poseidon. If you try, he will strike you with a warning shot that does low damage, if you try again, he will slay you.

Farming: Quest to please the god Demeter and the god Pan, if you get caught killing sheep, cows, pigs, chickens or any type of farm animal during the quest, you fail the quest and have to start from the very beginning.

Fighting: To get basic monster combat you must first please the god Ares in 2 ways, show that you are a strong willed warrior, and that you are strong enough to kill. (Also obtained in the tutorial.)

Fighting PvP: To be able to PvP you will have to complete a rather long quest. You must please Zeus, Hades, and Ares. Zeus is the father figure of all gods, he is the person who dictates a players "Karma" which determines weather they go to heaven or hell. You must please Hades because you must prove that you have the heart to kill a person, and you must please Ares the god of war, to prove that you are ready to fight against other humans not just monsters.

Finding Rarer items: So, there will be a luck system which you will gain more luck the more that you please Tyche. You will be able to get your luck up to 100% if you do tasks for Tyche, but your luck is always running out with each kill. You can do tasks for Tyche for as long as you would like but if you die, logout, or kill monsters your luck will hit 0% again. And if you have 100% luck you can find rarer items in monsters. It will be like the system that is already created, but your luck is always running down like soul points and creating runes, to luck and killing monsters.

Magic: To use magic, you must please the goddess Athena. With the powers she gives you, you will be able to use basic spells. (magic rope, levitate. . .Etc.), to obtain other types of magic, you must slay titans and find the scrolls that they are guarding.
Water: Okeanos - Spells that enable you to bend water to strike enimes.
Light: Hyperion - Spells that enable you to be able to see in the dark.
Intellect: Koios - Spells that enable you to do more damage (buffs).
Space: Krios - Spells that enable you to control space, move matter with your mind.
Time: Kronos - Spells that enable you to speed up/slow down monsters/players speed.
Life: Iapetos - Spells that enable you to steal life from other monsters/players.

And these are some basic ideas, I don't have the time at this very moment to continue onto the next post like I need to.

hey teckman passive monsters is possible?
It should be possible, I did a script some time ago about it, you need to register it to monsters.

You can try this, it is untested.
Lua:
function onTarget(cid, target)
return getCreatureStorage(target, 101010) <= 0 and false or isPlayer(target) and doRemoveCondition(target, CONDITION_INFIGHT) and false or true
end

function onStatChange(cid, attacker, combat, type, value)
	if getCreatureStorage(attacker, 101010) == 1 then
		return true
	end	
	if isPlayer(attacker) then
		if type == STATCHANGE_HEALTHLOSS then
			doCreatureSetStorage(attacker, 101010, 1)
		end
	end
return true
end	

function onKill(cid, target)
return getCreatureStorage(cid, 101010) == 1 and doCreatureSetStorage(cid, 101010, 0) and true or true
end

onTarget and onStatChange needs to be registered to the monster(s) that you want them to be passive. there is only one problem if there are more than one creature in the same room and you attack one, they all attack you until you kill on of them.

onKill is for the player.

This script may be improved if possible.

Lua:
function onTarget(cid, target)
return getCreatureStorage(target, cid) <= 0 and false or isPlayer(target) and doRemoveCondition(target, CONDITION_INFIGHT) and false or true
end

function onStatChange(cid, attacker, combat, type, value)
	if getCreatureStorage(attacker, cid) == 1 then
		return true
	end	
	if isPlayer(attacker) then
		if type == STATCHANGE_HEALTHLOSS then
			doCreatureSetStorage(attacker, cid, 1)
		end
	end
return true
end	

function onKill(cid, target)
return getCreatureStorage(cid, target) == 1 and doCreatureSetStorage(cid, target, -1) and true or true
end

I see no reason why this wouldn't work, given the storage values for those creatures aren't interfering with any others.
Either way, just pointing out a possible solution to Shinmaru's post

Back