• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Darkrest Online - AMA & Development Thread

Prawdziwy

Reaction score
vZvCrqD.png

Intro

We are getting closer and closer to our new world release on Darkrest Online,
we decided to make a small development thread combined with AMA like you have never seen before.

Join Our Discord Server
Watch our latest video on Youtube

--

Backstory

In September 2023, we started our 7.4-based custom server journey, and since then, we had a lot of fun developing open-world experiences for you in-game. After 3 months after the server launch, the server lost most of its population, and we decided to work on a new server under the Darkrest.Online branding, called Lumara.

--

Lumara features

The new server will be built on the base we had from the previous server (now called "Historia"). However, on top of its features, such as item rarity, crafting, and monsters' rarity, we add even more polished features, and we are about to rewrite history again with horizontal gameplay enhancements.

Meteors;
Crafting Recipies;
Servants;
Dungeons;

Here's a sneak peek of what you can expect in the upcoming months:

1kCCebx.gif
iKuQllH.png

X1TESSG.png

--

AMA (Ask Us Anything)

We decided to spend some of our free time answering all questions regarding having an Open Tibia Server and developing it. Feel free to ask us anything regarding our processes, fights with cheaters, approach to the new server, motivations, or anything that comes to your mind. We are open to answering even brutal questions but can not guarantee we will answer everything.

I am not playing ur server but i am curious:
- What do u plan to change to keep the second server more healthy in terms of amount of players
-Which of the features u want to create with new server u are most excited about(expand on this feature)

And good luck with the launch

I am playing this server, server rates?, where is it hosted?, and what r the changes from the previous one?, also how strict u guys will be in terms of cheaters and multiclients how many clients per IP?

Last edited:
I am not playing ur server but i am curious:
- What do u plan to change to keep the second server more healthy in terms of amount of players
-Which of the features u want to create with new server u are most excited about(expand on this feature)

And good luck with the launch
I am playing this server, server rates?, where is it hosted?, and what r the changes from the previous one?

Q1: What do you plan to change to keep the second server more healthy in terms of the amount of players?
We're really pumped for our second server and have some cool plans to keep things lively. We've expanded our map a bit, so now we can have up to 300 players exploring without feeling too cramped.

We know the launch might be a bit busy, but we're hoping our tweaks will spread everyone out nicely. We've mixed things up by adding new ways to play that go beyond the usual grind.

Plus, we've updated our magic and runes system to make it less of a hassle to level up. It's all about having more fun and less frustration, whether you're casting spells or using runes.

Q2: Which of the features u want to create with the new server u are most excited about?
@Nekiro is super excited about our new account maker—it's something we built from scratch, and it looks awesome. It's a huge step up from our old website and we think you'll love it.

As for me, I'm really looking forward to the servants' system we're introducing. You'll be able to have your own in-game servant to help with quests, farming, or even battling alongside you. They get stronger and learn new spells as they level up, which I think is pretty cool. It's something new we're trying, and I can't wait to see how it goes.

Plus, we've got a bunch of other features we're excited about, like the old but remade custom crafting system and brand-new dungeons. We're putting a lot into making this experience unique, and we hope you will check the server out too.

Q3: I am playing this server; what are the server rates? Where is it hosted? And what r the changes from the previous one?
The server host is the same as before; we found out that our hosting location in Canada with a dedicated proxy for EU worked fine for our main communities: NA, EU, and SA - it is not perfect, but it is probably the best that anyone can offer with current IT state. Depending on when you stopped playing "the previous one," there are different lists of changes, but new server launch exclusives are Crafting Recipies, Servants Expeditions, Servants Summons, New Mana & Spells Balance Changes, Dungeons, New Equipment and Areas, and many more. As for the rates, they will probably stay as before, but the final decision hasn't been made yet. (2x)

1707604949483.png

Features Breakdown: The Servants System in Darkrest
In the mystical realm of Darkrest, adventurers are never alone in their quest for glory and power. With the introduction of the Servants System, players gain the opportunity to enhance their journey with the aid of loyal companions. This innovative feature allows players to recruit up to three servants, each capable of turning the tide of battle or enriching one's adventure through their unique abilities and contributions.

Recruitment and Variety
Nestled in the bustling streets of Thais, a new NPC stands beside Gamel, ready to introduce players to the world of Servants. Here, adventurers can select and purchase their very own servant, choosing from four distinct vocations: Guardian, Druid, Mage, and Marksman. Each vocation brings its unique flair to the battlefield.

Expeditions and Summoning
The versatility of the Servants System is showcased through two main functionalities: expeditions and summoning. Players can send their servants on perilous expeditions from the comfort of their own house, utilizing a special management map available for 100gp. These expeditions are not only a test of the servant's mettle but also a chance to procure valuable items and gold, enhancing the player's resources.

When not on expeditions, servants can be summoned to aid their master in various endeavors, be it exploring the dangerous depths of Darkrest, engaging in exhilarating player vs. player battles, or accumulating experience. The presence of a servant in these scenarios can provide the crucial edge needed to overcome challenges and adversaries.

Growth and Rewards
As servants embark on expeditions, they do not merely serve; they grow. With each adventure, servants level up, unlocking greater damage capabilities, enhanced healing spells, and new magical abilities. This progression system ensures that servants become increasingly effective allies, capable of facing more formidable threats alongside their master.

Strategy and Engagement
The Servants System is not just about adding muscle or magic to a player's arsenal; it's about strategic depth and engagement. Deciding which servant to summon for a particular challenge, determining the best expeditions for maximizing rewards, and managing the growth of each servant are all critical strategies that players will need to consider.

This system introduces a dynamic new layer to the Darkrest experience, blending strategy, exploration, and combat in a way that rewards players' investment in their servants. Whether it's through the thrill of discovering new expedition rewards, the satisfaction of seeing a servant grow in power, or the strategic advantage gained in battles, the Servants System enriches the journey of every adventurer in Darkrest.

Gl with this server i played 2 months :D but then the last bug killed the server with points.

sever had really nice ideas and generally was good for long term grinding/gameplay but bugs pretty much killed it meanwhile staff keep trying to fight powergammers by throwing obstacles for them just because they made it too easy for everybody to sustain runes 24/7 (op life rings, amulets and rings for potions) then they started nerfing some stuff and items while fighting with many bugs...

this is kinda sad but we'll see how they will handle v2 might play on couple first days for pk then skill alt char maybe they learned something

You told you will never make SECOND EDITION. You told YOU HAVE ONLY ONE EDITION, ONE SEASON IN DARKREST !!!!! Do you still gonna favor group of ppl and let them bot 100% afk meanwhile checking out all other players ? :)
Oh also we wish GM JEDII aka My friends can skill 93 hours without break its no problem aka using exori gran with inifinity ice rapier is ok will be in main stream !!!! (if anyone believed after voting about "gm jedi should leave or not" THAT HE RLY LEAVED HIS OWN SUPER SERVER, you got my congratulations :D)
Post automatically merged:

Also one question, have you compensed in any way, that points which were "printed' by players when the bug was active? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You told you will never make SECOND EDITION. You told YOU HAVE ONLY ONE EDITION, ONE SEASON IN DARKREST !!!!! Do you still gonna favor group of ppl and let them bot 100% afk meanwhile checking out all other players ? :)
Oh also we wish GM JEDII aka My friends can skill 93 hours without break its no problem aka using exori gran with inifinity ice rapier is ok will be in main stream !!!! (if anyone believed after voting about "gm jedi should leave or not" THAT HE RLY LEAVED HIS OWN SUPER SERVER, you got my congratulations :D)
Post automatically merged:

Also one question, have you compensed in any way, that points which were "printed' by players when the bug was active? :p
And we will never do a second edition, the players of Historia will NEVER lose the time they spent on our game, that was the idea from the beginning and will be there until the end of this project. We are making a second world just like Tibia or other popular MMORPGs, it is nothing bad for people who have played in Historia.

The sentence about favouring one group is complete bullshit, if someone did better than you its not about GMs not checking them its about you playing worse than them, stop being stupid.

Jeidi (you spelled it wrong but Jedi is cute I have to admit) is no longer in the project as you can see in the discord as you can see in everything related to the server, after the poll he decided he didn't want to deal with all the things people were doing, people were accusing individual administrators of something when they had no clue what was going on inside, as usual its easy to scream and say bullshit not easy to fact check the things you say.

As you know, and you don't have to pretend you don't, we did a rollback to prevent the points from being printed, and there is not a single printed point on the server.

Other people can think why someone is so salty about this server, the answer is more complicated, the guy who wrote this post started being salty about Darkrest when on the TEST SERVER(before the release) Jeidi(GM at the time) was not spawning monks and items for him, yeah that was literally the reason, this immature guy decided to rook himself on the test server and after that he was spreading the misinformation about the server to the release, pretty cringe

You must be kidding XDDD, actually only people with NEGATIVE IQ would believe "Jedi aka p*** aka no more owner of his project" left server. The same which said "non-dissapearing" ice rapier IS GOOD, MECHANICS, also the same which favor his Idol (intresting he was top skill ek and between top1 and top2 diffrence was dozens of hours of skilling.
Also about printed points, you mean, you ROLLBACK server to START TIME?
Cuz that bug was avilable from start lul

About "rooking" myself on testserver:
1. Jedi and his team asking us about help to test server
2. Ok, I'm testing server with friends for 2 weeks~~
3. Jedi spawned train monks
4. Jedi gave us daily unlimited spears to train etc (actually only spears was what we want XD)
5. One day Jedi said "its tibia, you have to farm item here, grind, go and grind spears" (firstly he gave us 10 backpacks full of spears [like 20k spears?] BUT THESE SPEARS DISSAPEARED BECAUSE OF SERVER BUG xd
6. "That's the moment, that you know, that you fucked up" (on rooking char time I told "this server would be corrupted shit with tons of bus)
7. Few days ago this server showoff self like corrupted shit with tons of bugs x D

talk to me more prawdziwy XDDD
you can ban me for talking true, and SHOWOFF your CORRUPTED, made for IDOL server on your Discord, but you can't ban ppl for truetalk here.
actually if your server was so good and so much ppl had fun, WHERE ARE THEM??? WHY ONLY "haters" HERE? XD
Be serious, get balls and say "Yes, we make shit, we are shit develop team, we made shit, we are very big sorry, we will try to make new edition better". But you prefer keep talking "PEOPLE BAD, POLAKS ARE IDIOTS, FUCK POLAKS" etc :)
That's why there is no "contented" people here. Because u still try to tell ppl "WE ARE GOATS, DARKREST IS GOAT".
No.
You are not.
For now you're WOAT on OTS arena :)

You must be kidding XDDD, actually only people with NEGATIVE IQ would believe "Jedi aka p*** aka no more owner of his project" left server. The same which said "non-dissapearing" ice rapier IS GOOD, MECHANICS, also the same which favor his Idol (intresting he was top skill ek and between top1 and top2 diffrence was dozens of hours of skilling.
Also about printed points, you mean, you ROLLBACK server to START TIME?
Cuz that bug was avilable from start lul

About "rooking" myself on testserver:
1. Jedi and his team asking us about help to test server
2. Ok, I'm testing server with friends for 2 weeks~~
3. Jedi spawned train monks
4. Jedi gave us daily unlimited spears to train etc (actually only spears was what we want XD)
5. One day Jedi said "its tibia, you have to farm item here, grind, go and grind spears" (firstly he gave us 10 backpacks full of spears [like 20k spears?] BUT THESE SPEARS DISSAPEARED BECAUSE OF SERVER BUG xd
6. "That's the moment, that you know, that you fucked up" (on rooking char time I told "this server would be corrupted shit with tons of bus)
7. Few days ago this server showoff self like corrupted shit with tons of bugs x D

talk to me more prawdziwy XDDD
you can ban me for talking true, and SHOWOFF your CORRUPTED, made for IDOL server on your Discord, but you can't ban ppl for truetalk here.
actually if your server was so good and so much ppl had fun, WHERE ARE THEM??? WHY ONLY "haters" HERE? XD
Be serious, get balls and say "Yes, we make shit, we are shit develop team, we made shit, we are very big sorry, we will try to make new edition better". But you prefer keep talking "PEOPLE BAD, POLAKS ARE IDIOTS, FUCK POLAKS" etc :)
That's why there is no "contented" people here. Because u still try to tell ppl "WE ARE GOATS, DARKREST IS GOAT".
No.
You are not.
For now you're WOAT on OTS arena :)
Basically, you have said nothing in this post that is true, you have just confirmed that you are talking about things you have no idea about.

As always, you know better than people WHO ACTUALLY ARE IN THE PROJECT, even though you can't have any information about the things you write.
This bug hasn't existed since the server started, we've literally rewinded to the beginning of this bug, stop talking about things you DON'T know about.

Even if it was true (it's not, you just got mad like a crybaby because you didn't get items), how is it reasonable to lie all over the server to spread nonsense. You look like a clown, even if it was the truth and your story was made by "LUL".

I know you enjoy it, you just want attention from the start, its just sad that you have to have such a boring life to do things like that.
Nobody banned you for telling the truth, that would not be bannable of course, if you got banned you probably got it for pure hatred or being delusional and spewing nonsense (just like you are doing right now), who would want to keep you on the discord server after the things you do? You are just a completely toxic person who brings nothing but bad things.

Look how delusional you are even in your own post, we never said "WE ARE GOATS" or "DARKREST IS GOAT" or "PEOPLE BAD" or even that "OUR SERVER WAS GOOD", of course we made mistakes, that's why the first server is in its current position, we admitted it in literally EVERY news about bugs on the discord server, we always admitted and apologised when we did something wrong, we are trying to improve and make this server better and that's why this thread is made. (If anyone doesn't believe me, you can check the discord server yourself, the messages are still there!)

Thank you for your opinion, we hope you will change your mind after Lumara if you have the chance :)

This is the last answer to you, it's just pointless at this point when most of the things you write are just pure lies and spreading nonsense, I hope you have a great weekend.

Basically, you have said nothing in this post that is true, you have just confirmed that you are talking about things you have no idea about.

As always, you know better than people WHO ACTUALLY ARE IN THE PROJECT, even though you can't have any information about the things you write.
This bug hasn't existed since the server started, we've literally rewinded to the beginning of this bug, stop talking about things you DON'T know about.

Even if it was true (it's not, you just got mad like a crybaby because you didn't get items), how is it reasonable to lie all over the server to spread nonsense. You look like a clown, even if it was the truth and your story was made by "LUL".

I know you enjoy it, you just want attention from the start, its just sad that you have to have such a boring life to do things like that.
Nobody banned you for telling the truth, that would not be bannable of course, if you got banned you probably got it for pure hatred or being delusional and spewing nonsense (just like you are doing right now), who would want to keep you on the discord server after the things you do? You are just a completely toxic person who brings nothing but bad things.

Look how delusional you are even in your own post, we never said "WE ARE GOATS" or "DARKREST IS GOAT" or "PEOPLE BAD" or even that "OUR SERVER WAS GOOD", of course we made mistakes, that's why the first server is in its current position, we admitted it in literally EVERY news about bugs on the discord server, we always admitted and apologised when we did something wrong, we are trying to improve and make this server better and that's why this thread is made. (If anyone doesn't believe me, you can check the discord server yourself, the messages are still there!)

Thank you for your opinion, we hope you will change your mind after Lumara if you have the chance :)

This is the last answer to you, it's just pointless at this point when most of the things you write are just pure lies and spreading nonsense, I hope you have a great weekend.

You saying, that I'm telling lies. WHERE - ?
I say that you tellin lies and ACTUALLY I GOT PROOFS (check other posts up if haven't seen them yet)
your argument is "you have boring life" "polaks are shits"
Man
show remnants of honor for all players and just quit (honor is to regard or treat (someone) with admiration and respect )

You HAVEN'T ONCE SAID
"sorry, we fucked up with some bugs etc"
NEVER XD
We Are GOAT! xD
----------------
-player found gamebreaking bug (you can spam exori with ice rapier 100 atk)
-gamemaster respond : it's ok, should work like this

xD

--------
Forgot to say.
Administration told, that they will reward hard all testers (we were playing on tests more than 2 weeks, also advertising it).
As you know alredy I left this corrupted product before start BUT, friend told me what the reward was.
GET READY
-
-
-
-
Yellow Pillow and Yellow Magic Light Wand (1 hour)

I died when I heard it xd

Last edited:
Don't get discouraged by jelly clowns, this is one of the best projects out here

Don't get discouraged by jelly clowns, this is one of the best projects out here
"the best of...."
because? : D
anything?
cuz I think, the best is tibiascape or realesta or soe
what is on darkrest what was not before on these serveres??? ( putting aside "premium points bug"[since start] which let you gain unlimited points and "scale armor bug"[since start also] which allows you to gain unlimited gold?
Let's discuss :)
I want to know! Maybe I will have to say "Sorry, darkrest is GOAT" ?

Can you use some argument? Instead of insulting? :x

You saying, that I'm telling lies. WHERE - ?
I say that you tellin lies and ACTUALLY I GOT PROOFS (check other posts up if haven't seen them yet)
your argument is "you have boring life" "polaks are shits"
Man
show remnants of honor for all players and just quit (honor is to regard or treat (someone) with admiration and respect )

You HAVEN'T ONCE SAID
"sorry, we fucked up with some bugs etc"
NEVER XD
We Are GOAT! xD
----------------
-player found gamebreaking bug (you can spam exori with ice rapier 100 atk)
-gamemaster respond : it's ok, should work like this

xD

--------
Forgot to say.
Administration told, that they will reward hard all testers (we were playing on tests more than 2 weeks, also advertising it).
As you know alredy I left this corrupted product before start BUT, friend told me what the reward was.
GET READY
-
-
-
-
Yellow Pillow and Yellow Magic Light Wand (1 hour)

I died when I heard it xd

Since you mention me more than the server, I'll answer with a smile on my face.

1. "left before start," and "friend told me what the reward was".

1711127233374.png

Translation:

Lua:
Dyzma aka Hbraveq:
We are going to the mainland
He [his friend] says that you don't answer
[I]screen from Rookgaard Oracle[/I]

Me:
Sent

Dyzma aka Hbraveq:
In depo?

Me:
Inbox
yes

Dyzma aka Hbraveq:
Thanks [IMG alt="❤️"]https://discord.com/assets/eb5e83f8df4cf1dec344.svg[/IMG]

--
It's important to look at the date; it's the day of the server release, which clearly shows that the user is simply lying.

2. Yellow Pillow and Yellow Magic Light Wand (1 hour) - according to the reward for testers, that's not true again (as everything you write, I wonder why):

Rewards are the following:
Present
Yellow Rose
Life Ring
Blue Pillow

I decided what the reward would be; sorry, I didn't give testers 1000 premium points and 1000 cc.

--

I'll quote you, as it's the funniest thing I could see written by you:
Man, show remnants of honor for other human beings and just quit this thread (honor is to regard or treat (someone) with admiration and respect ).

Back