• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dishonesty in the OTS community (starting off with the OTS Septera/Nostalria)

But I don't run any server and I don't intend to. I don't think you should stop exposing people who are liars, but if you ask me you are making a too big deal out of this and so far it seems to only be bringing negative energy to this already dying community. With that said, I do not favor people lying, but in this case it just seems like he/she want to do whatever it takes to score some players.

All people are not honest, and they never will be, there for you should focus on yourself and your own server, because no matter from which angle you view this, time put on this thread could have gone to your own server and thus benefit you more, and I hate seeing energy being misplaced. I'm off.

Dude, he will call you troll and flame you randomly! I would agree taht e.e has a point, but that just too much. It's fun though, it's the best thread in OtLand this year by far, I already grabbed some popcorn.

200w.gif

I do believe some of our functions behaves about as close as it gets running an otbased engine. Despite our many bugs, we do have some elements working at a very high level. There is a reason why Septera has gone from a peak of 73 players to 275 players in less than a week. For example the servers does run on the same formulas that I created for Medivia (and published) almost a decade ago and the server runs with various unedited Cipsoft files instead of typical .xml counterparts. Meaning that scripts, monsters, npcs, map, spawns and such are pretty accurate.
So despite issues, there are definitely key features on Septera that provides players with a very authentic old school feeling which was what I was referring to when I said it was "authentic". Seeing as how most other popular servers out there don't even have accurate damage or monsters (loot, damages etc) and partially due to my ignorance of other authentic servers existing.

I did not however mean that every tiny feature was flawless and perfect. Which I should have been more clear with. Nor did I specifically mention that the server still was in early development. The advertisement thread was a last minute thing (I already had a majority of my initial player base secured due to my reputation as a player for the past 10-15 years prior to making the advertisement thread and they were all already aware of the situation.

I feel like this has gotten way out of proportions and I'm still quite confused about this whole "dishonesty" part. To say it in Swedish, you're making a hen out of a feather. If it puts this discussion to rest, I'll add a disclaimer that clearly states that Septera is a work in progress and that there are several issues and bugs which are being worked on daily.

Personally, from a players perspective, I think you're highly exaggerating the effectiveness of advertising on this page. The main purpose is to look up link to website and rates for servers you already know of and most servers have a server info these days. Same goes for otservlist, literally haven't been on there for a decade. The Facebook chat is literally a thousand times more efficient for advertisement.

@ond
It seems to me that your advice here is aimed at the business-level of things.
But that's not the perspective I'm coming from here, this thread is part of my personal attempt to see if I'm able to cause positive change in the OTS community, something many has demonstrated clearly in this thread that is sorely needed (thank you guys btw for doing so), more than anything else.
Negative energy needs to come out before it can get cleaned. What do you do to a dirty, garbage-filled house? Just close your nose and pretend the dirt and stink is just not there and pretend the problem is solved?
And yes, I absolutely believe that nobody should be doing "whatever it takes" including lying, tricking and scamming people to "score some players" as you say or for pretty much any other reason, I don't know how you can say it so casually like that like there's no problem with it, if anything it demonstrates the problem, you're so used to it that you'll just accept it without thinking ahead about the consequences for even a second.
That kind of stuff/behavior ruins the entire community, because as long as nobody says or does anything about it, just more and more people will lie because "they want some players too", and soon there's no players left because everybody is lying and the players are tired of it and loses interest.

@SepteraOfficial
You're not answering anything I said in your first couple of paragraphs, so there's no use acknowledging or responding to any of it in particular. You seem to be just continuing to brag about your server, and very poorly too, nothing of interest to me or to the topic at hand.
All I can say is: Feel free to continuing boasting, exaggerating and lying, proving me correct, instead of providing even a single shred of evidence for any of your advertisement claims that you decided to continue propagating in here instead of addressing the topic, I'm happy either way.

Second paragraph: You're selling it as if it is. Indeed, you have NOT mentioned that the server is still in development, that's an issue when the game mechanics at least is literally Yurots quality.
I don't know anything else about your OTS, you're the one that should substantiate your claims that your server is such a great replica, so far I've only seen evidence AGAINST those claims.

3rd: I'm making a chicken disease out of a million diseased feathers laying around and a farm of diseased naked chickens running around whimsically in half-circles.
Your disclaimer is a small improvement, sure.

4th: I haven't seen any evidence or heard any persuasive arguments about that, but it's possible. Feel free to argue away for that case. Until then I have no good reason to think that an OTland thread has no advertisement power, and your blanket assertion about that being the case has no value or persuasive power to me and I don't see why it should.
The fact that you mention otservlist in the same paragraph as supposedly being another example of a platform with no advertisement power is hilarious. Facebook away all you want though.

Have you actually worked on Septera's server?

Yes.

First of all I find it highly unlikely that no other OT has "fixed" their line of sight. It sounds like a pretty trivial thing, and not some complicated mystery that nobody else has been able to figure out, so I think it's highly likely that somebody else has already got this.

Oldschool servers kind of accepted the simplified line of sight. I remember Karelazi brought it up long time ago on Remere's Classictibia or possibly the first edition of Tibianic and half of the community (including me) wouldn't believe him. It's just something that people accepted because oldschool servers have always been that way.

Secondly, well, I was under the impression that a "feature" was a distinct term, at least in the context of software, meaning something like a holistic or complicated function.

I think most of your criticism comes down to you defining terms differently and then calling us out because our claims don't match your definitions. Would you then say that e.g "bullet drop" isn't a feature in a shooter game because it's not distinguished enough from the "laser" bullets?

Also, I did not mention properties of throwing items. I mentioned their claim that they're using the original objects.srv file format, which is absolutely worthless as far as I can tell other than internal cosmetic reasons.

Again, you missed the point and then criticized us for not having a point.

I also worked with Peonso earlier to help him out with figuring out some of the mechanics of Realots so that it can be put into an open source server, until I realized he was a very disrespectful troll in the end.

Eh, I thought Peonso was a nice guy who contributed a lot to the community.

Ok. So you don't think Septera could be clearer in their advertisement then?

Sure, but in the end I don't think it mattered. You nitpicked a few words while ignoring the greater context.

@ond
It seems to me that your advice here is aimed at the business-level of things.
But that's not the perspective I'm coming from here, this thread is part of my personal attempt to see if I'm able to cause positive change in the OTS community, something many has demonstrated clearly in this thread that is sorely needed (thank you guys btw for doing so), more than anything else.
Negative energy needs to come out before it can get cleaned. What do you do to a dirty, garbage-filled house? Just close your nose and pretend the dirt and stink is just not there and pretend the problem is solved?
And yes, I absolutely believe that nobody should be doing "whatever it takes" including lying, tricking and scamming people to "score some players" as you say or for pretty much any other reason, I don't know how you can say it so casually like that like there's no problem with it, if anything it demonstrates the problem, you're so used to it that you'll just accept it without thinking ahead about the consequences for even a second.
That kind of stuff/behavior ruins the entire community, because as long as nobody says or does anything about it, just more and more people will lie because "they want some players too", and soon there's no players left because everybody is lying and the players are tired of it and loses interest.

@SepteraOfficial
You're not answering anything I said in your first couple of paragraphs, so there's no use acknowledging or responding to any of it in particular. You seem to be just continuing to brag about your server, and very poorly too, nothing of interest to me or to the topic at hand.
All I can say is: Feel free to continuing boasting, exaggerating and lying, proving me correct, instead of providing even a single shred of evidence for any of your advertisement claims that you decided to continue propagating in here instead of addressing the topic, I'm happy either way.

Second paragraph: You're selling it as if it is. Indeed, you have NOT mentioned that the server is still in development, that's an issue when the game mechanics at least is literally Yurots quality.
I don't know anything else about your OTS, you're the one that should substantiate your claims that your server is such a great replica, so far I've only seen evidence AGAINST those claims.

3rd: I'm making a chicken disease out of a million diseased feathers laying around and a farm of diseased naked chickens running around whimsically in half-circles.
Your disclaimer is a small improvement, sure.

4th: I haven't seen any evidence or heard any persuasive arguments about that, but it's possible. Feel free to argue away for that case. Until then I have no good reason to think that an OTland thread has no advertisement power, and your blanket assertion about that being the case has no value or persuasive power to me and I don't see why it should.
The fact that you mention otservlist in the same paragraph as supposedly being another example of a platform with no advertisement power is hilarious. Facebook away all you want though.

I have no intention of arguing with you. Therefore I won't acknowledge nor respond to any of the probably very valid points you're making other than that there is a clear disclaimer stating that Septera is a work in progress. Which means that the majority of your arguments are invalid and irrelevant.

The server isn't a better replica of oldschool Tibia than Realots. It's not actually written or made by Cipsoft. It's a pretty good attempt compared to most other OTs however. I hope your experience playing Septera will be a joyful one. Bye :)

Eh, I thought Peonso was a nice guy who contributed a lot to the community.
Yeah, I can imagine. I'm starting to see the connection between the two of you :)
I mean you're not as overt about it, you don't say you're from "HUEland" in your profile and literally spam trolly posts in about 50 different threads in a few months 100% disagreeing with absolutely everyone about absolutely everything all day just for kicks and luls, then arriving somewhere like here and posting pictures of popcorn, but still, I see the connection now. Thanks for making it clearer bud, and for confirming that you're part of the Septera crew, it's all starting to make sense now :)

I have no intention of arguing with you. Therefore I won't acknowledge nor respond to any of the probably very valid points you're making other than that there is a clear disclaimer stating that Septera is a work in progress. Which means that the majority of your arguments are invalid and irrelevant.
You added that disclaimer after I made this thread, and only after a lot of argumentation from my side in this thread as well...
No, you're not automatically nor magically any less of a liar just because you all of a sudden decided to put a small disclaimer in there "well ACTUALLY guys, our project, you know, ehem, you know, it's not 100% perfect JUST YET, HEHEHE (soon though, hehe, soon, like tomorrow maybe? hehehe)".
Yeah sure bud, you're clearly off the hook now, no worries! ;)

The server isn't a better replica of oldschool Tibia than Realots. It's not actually written or made by Cipsoft. It's a pretty good attempt compared to most other OTs however.
I don't need or want to hear that.
I just want you/people in this community and people around me to try to stay honest and reasonable.
Somebody's gotta take care of the community-side of things (and with reason and magic, not by banhammers and threats)...
Things, bodies and communities of people all rot if they're not well maintained, especially their spirits.
Once there's no spirit left, well, the thing either dies or all hell breaks lose. Sometimes quite literally and violently.

All we can do when a hoster creates a serv is to ask questions about his server (and hope u dont dont get permabanned).

For example:

Septera: i use cip files, all else use xml and fake formula
Me; ah, have u buffed rp/ek? Coz dey kinda shit in 7.4 on hrate
Septera: knight get dmg when they lvl, coz i use real formula

Case closed. Oh btw, u down too 40ish players now. This must meen ur server is toootal trash!! (Septera logic).

Edit: Poenso is the kindest person ive meat on otland and he helps out a lot.

@Drinc The player count dipped once after the anti-bot client (who could have known?) and then again a week later when people moved on to the next highrate server. I don't think anybody from the staff expected a different result. It's what happens to every highrate. We're pretty happy with how things turned out for the first edition of Septera highrate.

Still Drinc makes a good point, Septera is strongly insinuating that his server must be really good because he got a bunch of players, few days later he lost just about all of them, that's pretty funny if you ask me.
It's like a scene in a movie where the bad guy goes MuHahaHaHAHaHa You Can't Stop Me Hero-Guy I'm Too Great MwHaHahaHa, and then a bee passes by, stings him, and he happens to be allergic and dies x_x
Everybody knew something like that would happen to him because he's just boasting like a madman without any substance.

Why is there so much hate going on around RealOTS and oldschool Tibia? Can't you all be happy and let people be happy with what they have, and with what they've made? I mean, we all have the same dream, there is no reason to attack each other if they say something or made something that unfortunately does not interact the same way it used to do back in the old days, we all do our best to bring the best oldschool experience for our players. Sometimes we fail, sometimes we do something good, we should just start seeing the good points in somebody's creation instead of just pointing the finger and saying this does not work as RealOTS at all, at least someone is trying, unlike many others that just want to use the real server to profit from it, without further ado, I would start ignoring negative criticism and continuous bullying coming towards any of the works most of us has made that has been put to use, we do something for the community, maybe somethings might not be as exact, but I'd like to see you make something better.

P.S: I'm not taking any sides within this drama thread.

Edit: And whoever is claiming to have my files, is lying.

Last edited:
@e.e I'm curious, where did Septera Official (or any other staff account) say or insinuate that a highrate server doesn't go through the usual cycle of players leaving to the next server?

Ezzz, quit the weed and wake the fk up.

Servers banned on otservlist for spoofing, ddosing, false adv etc are PROMOTED on otland, and anyone who points it out gets banned. Tibia owners have learnt advertisement from 'the real world' as theyve grown older, and there is no one on otland regulating the bullshit.

Thats whats up, ezzz.

Want some attention Ezzz?
Here you go:
[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)
You're clearly not taking any sides with those likes :p
Innocent little Ezzz drops by to try to take a shot with a "message of peace" and a proclamation of innocence. Go ahead bud.

As far as positivity and negativity goes: You can't make a positive anything by just "asking" everyone to "please don't say anything negative".
Negativity is needed for bad people like liars and cheaters among others.
The problem is when negativity and positivity is abused.
The Devil was once an angel. The Mafia is well respected. Corrupt politicians are in power. You can't make the world a better place by never saying anything bad about anyone as long as there ARE bad people.

As far as Realots goes, I didn't initially work with Peonso for no reason, and I'm still open to work with anyone reasonable and serious (currently had some contact with Okke) to make Realots mechanics a reality in OTS, so stop playing your bullshit games unless you're in allegiance with the devil and would like to stay that way, and maybe you do.
I'm happy to see Realots being replicated in an OTS one day.
But until that day people should stop lying and conning people, it doesn't matter if it's a Realots wanna-be OTS or any other OTS, I just know Realots best, so I'm starting from there.

@e.e I'm curious, where did Septera Official (or any other staff account) say or insinuate that a highrate server doesn't go through the usual cycle of players leaving to the next server?
I didn't say they didn't, why are you trying to waste my time on strawmen?

Ezzz, quit the weed and wake the fk up.

Servers banned on otservlist for spoofing, ddosing, false adv etc are PROMOTED on otland, and anyone who points it out gets banned. Tibia owners have learnt advertisement from 'the real world' as theyve grown older, and there is no one on otland regulating the bullshit.

Thats whats up, ezzz.

It has always been known that there is a monopoly on otland and otservlist, but at least they do it seriously.

Want some attention Ezzz?
Here you go:
You're clearly not taking any sides with those likes :p
Innocent little Ezzz drops by to try to take a shot with a "message of peace" and a proclamation of innocence. Go ahead bud.

As far as positivity and negativity goes: You can't make a positive anything by just "asking" everyone to "please don't say anything negative".
Negativity is needed for bad people like liars and cheaters among others.
The problem is when negativity and positivity is abused.
The Devil was once an angel. The Mafia is well respected. Corrupt politicians are in power. You can't make the world a better place by never saying anything bad about anyone as long as there ARE bad people.

As far as Realots goes, I didn't initially work with Peonso, and I'm still open to work with anyone reasonable and serious (currently had some contact with Okke) to make Realots mechanics a reality in OTS for no reason, so stop blaming your bullshit games unless you're in allegiance with the devil and would like to stay that way, and maybe you do.
I'm happy to see Realots being replicated in an OTS one day.
But until that day people should stop lying and conning people, it doesn't matter if it's a Realots wanna-be OTS or any other OTS, I just know Realots best, so I'm starting from there.

Your point is? I continue having my opinion on using RealOTS real files as a production server to be a waste of time, but coming from you, I rather just ignore it and move on.
It's best to replicate the mechanics on an OT, or even make the thing from scratch, and I'm about to release some of my works from it on github for people to understand some of RealOTS system.

Your point is?
Your post is probably the most hypocritical post I've seen in my entire life, that's the point.
You say "lets stop being so negative about other people's work guys", clearly referring to me in some way since that's what this thread is perceived to be about by many, when you've been the most unnecessarily rude and negative towards anyone using the Realots files in the past, I don't think you could possibly have been more arrogant in those earlier posts actually, so your post in this thread is absolutely hilarious when you condemn people for doing what you did much much worse in the past, as you were just being arrogant, not constructive in any way possible.
The funny part is that I even wrote you an apology PM to you later about arguing with you in that thread, without having any intention or interest to work with you after you didn't deliver the work we made a deal about before - you know the work I paid you 3x the amount of only partial work, but then I felt bad for you because I saw a lot of your threads in the past years and it looked like you were having problems with your server for many years, and I wasn't aware of that before when I was arguing with you.
You didn't reply to my apology, that's fine, but for you to then come here and try to condemn me for exposing other people lying is absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:
Your post is probably the most hypocritical post I've seen in my entire life, that's the point.
You say "lets stop being so negative about other people's work guys", clearly referring to me in some way since that's what this thread is perceived to be about by many, when you've been the most unnecessarily rude and negative towards anyone using the Realots files in the past, I don't think you could possibly have been more arrogant in your posts actually, so your post in this thread is absolutely hilarious.

I have never liked your attitude, I just unignored you on this thread because there are so many hate and blaffing posts coming from you that I just had to see it again, but time to put you on ignore again so I do not have to deal with your hate towards absolutely everyone, you're just toxic, end of story.

I have love for loads of people buddy.
I do hate hacks, cheaters, conmen and idiots, and there are a lot of them unfortunately because we still live in the jungle with a lot of idiots and opportunists :(, but I love everybody else, and there's still a bunch of these people in this community :)

Ya 95% of tibia community are power maniacs jumping from serv to serv to kill RPG players to compensate for their small dick, and their standard of quality for servers is really low coz all they do is random pk for 7 days and then leave. They dont care how accurtate formulas are. Its over m8, just leave this aids community

Septera: knight get dmg when they lvl, coz i use real formula.
You do know that this was a conclusion you came up with on your own and not at all what I said at all? Right?

I'm honestly not going to argue any further with you guys. Neither of you even play the game. It's like arguing with bronze players about the direction league of legends should take. "Case Closed".

How much time you've spent crafting these posts could have created the next Medivia by now xD

Anyhoo so about dishonesty..

Your mad about ots false advertising then help me make some change about Xinn allowing servers to spoof while banning other servers who don't pay him :).

Your frustrated devs call their servers cipsoft file only.. imagine if your competition was allowed to spoof 800 players and not be banned because he throws money at the owner on otservlist which you rely on to expand your playerbase haha

Thats what im annoyed with xD

You wanna talk about "liars, cheats, and hacks, dishonesty".

lets talk about the monopoly Xinn's been running with these spoof servers who keep throwing money at him, meanwhile anyone else who does not pay him gets banned...

Septera can hardly get 250 ppl during peaktimes with Puniogaming streaming(600 view3ers) however DarkOT has 450 people online at 3 am? lol...

Meanwhile Tibijka~ w.e is about to have another "1000 players" on in a few days and I can tell you they will have a yellow banner and wont be banned xD

You want to help fix the dishonesty in the old school community need to fix Xinn's bullshit and the spoof servers.

You can't fix Xinn's :)
Correct approach is stop using his list service, and ensure communities understand that there is rigging going on. But again in all realities, Xinn is 'the' AFK; i doubt he even cares.

Back