• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dura's Ankrahmun: Revising game design. Content that is 50% vanilla and 50% custom. What went wrong at the breakmark of Tibia and what was still right

Ankrahmun is not released yet? been forever!

I understand that you want it to be perfect, but perfection makes endless delays

I can only say, it's way better than it's first 2 months haha, more enjoyable! can't wait to die in ank!

Ankrahmun Teaser: Shell on the Surf

There are rumors of a place that sits upon the sea, perhaps glimpsed for a moment by a skiff sailing the shoreline but then when looking back it is gone... Long tales from old men who have lost the strength to ride camel or cast line speak of this marvel to children of Darashia and Ankrahmun, how Djinn pass time there and only the luckiest of men have been invited and 'you might be too someday...' A place of white stone that gleams in the sun, viewed resting in the sea like a shell on the surf. Myth and marvel indeed, for though an old scroll or tablet give hint of it none seem to have ever really seen it or been there. Is it a place to forever be wondered at?

1663109148052.png

------------
------------

1663109253126.png

1663109272256.png

Soon to arrive,
With much excitement,
See you in Dura

Ankrahmun Teaser: Mausoleum of Sandstone

Beneath the shifting sands, deep in the tombs of the ancient kingdom there are shadowy things that live in the dark. Wrapped corpses and long forgotten kings of the desert put to sleep only to rise into undeath, and in the danker recesses things without name or purpose. Even Djinn with the flash of a scimitar stream through these dimly lit halls with cobwebs and mountains of sand. If you should venture there bring your torch and tread quietly, and if you find something of worth tell no one and bring no one with you lest when your back is turned you will make a new grave in that mausoleum of sandstone.

1663896226789.png

---
---

1663896249812.png

1663896262318.png

1663896275271.png

Soon to arrive,
With much excitement,
See you in Dura

Chairs in the tomb

Relaxing Parks And Recreation GIF

Teaser: You stand no chance...

DuraAris_crawling_hand_crawling_on_ground_chasing_you_down_a_ha_e642f9c1-1ddf-4cc5-a793-05ec7cc4b428.png

-Crawling hand chasing an adventurer while a Dreadseer watches from the shadows-

-Letter found soaked and tattered in an upwelling stream in a shallow cave of Dura

...It is not just pyramids and tombs some Durans have recently discovered... adventurers have awoken sinister and wretching forms of life in the deeper parts of the world. These things once come upon, if you are lucky enough to live will never leave you; instead haunting your dreams turning all to nightmare and from every sleep you will shudder awake in sweat. Monsters mindless with mouths as indiscriminate endless pits or others with powers of mind that go far beyond what any man could hope to dream and whose age reaches farther back then the first man. These are the deep dungeons and long halls you cannot return from, the dark quiet that will snatch you and leave no trace. Horrors will meet you in the coming, you stand no chance....

DuraAris_sliding_mud_blob_chasing_you_down_a_hall_in_a_medieval_017ee10b-ec53-4dfa-8e6c-22e4198fb478.png
-Tar Ooze roaming down the hall of a dungeon-

DuraAris_sliding_mud_blob_chasing_you_down_a_hall_in_a_medieval_7a6ca952-bf5b-4d40-959a-9a387673a97d.png

-Tar Ooze spawning ground, brood-

DuraAris_sliding_mud_blob_chasing_you_down_a_hall_in_a_medieval_ff6c18b9-4f6a-4653-82a3-49b1215e957d.png
-Tar Ooze blending into wall lying in wait-

unknown.png

unknown.png

Soon to arrive,
With much excitement,
See you in Dura

Happy Halloween!

Below is a special halloween raid that feature some of the new monsters in our upcoming update, Ankrahmun:

With much spookiness
ploc.gif

So when will ank be out its been pretty much 2 years since server launched at this point without any new content?

So when will ank be out its been pretty much 2 years since server launched at this point without any new content?
dura_plans.PNG

Don't worry new systems coming in February - April 2021! Just a moment of waiting left!

The Kha'labal

Vast and immense the desert has no end, the sky cannot cover it, the seas cannot match it
Lade your camel's saddle, tighten the frame under his belly for the moon is full
Stay your bow and concede not to make it firewood on this frozen night. I have three companions
for you: a brave heart, a way to tell the stars, and a sword with waxed grip
You will need all tonight through the wayless dunes and the creatures, both men and beast, on their false sides
In this land is a refuge for a man from his wrongs-- yes I see you!
I have made of women widows and children orphans, and before sand had clung to my knife I was beyond the city
I am intimate with the earth's face when I take my bed
And yet do not forget my love's swaying cypress body
You want to see the golden city:
' Brother without peer
' High headed and tall
' Ankrahmun, towering and golden
' We love your strength
' We kneel beneath you
' O now, the greatest of cities
It is no more, it is gone. It is dream.
I will show you what is left, and it is more than sand and myth...

--The Kha'labal

Spoken by Sahat
Recited by Csaba,
His adopted son the night he found him

aaunkkkknown.png

Over the recent centuries kingdoms from beyond the Kha'zeel have sent colonists many times to try to claim the land and each has failed. Always few return, many die, and some stay. And so, much of this place and it's history still remains unknown to many of the peoples that live beyond it; to some it is a mere bedtime story and nothing more. Nevertheless many a man has ventured into the great desert seeking his fortune, and each of them when they come out are near death and have nothing in their pockets but sand.

With the passage of time a new settlement, an outpost to wide-faced treasure seekers and outcasts alike has taken a position on the southern coast. Daily you can hear tale and legend of what lies under the sand, above the cliffs of the Kha'zeel, and beyond the rim of sea's horizon. It is a place mean and small, malnourished and wanting, but this is what keeps it going... for it makes the former legend of Ankrahmun, it's treasures, and the chance to find them shine all the greater.

Dura's first Major Update is competed, it will be released soon.

Merry Christmas

Oases of the Desert

Csaba says up to his father following him along the dunes, "but there are no more oases in the Kha'labal, they have left us, we drink only sand!", at this he thrashes the desert with a handful of sand. Sahat turns round and kneels before Csaba cupping his hand away from the boy's face, "No my son...", with a knowing smile "they are as a woman... they merely retreat behind their veil." After saying this he reveals from behind his hand a lush green leafed sapling no bigger than a gold coin. He then rises, with his head blocking the sun while looking down at Csaba "now come".

g.png

uu.png

m.png

Some of what awaits in our First Major Update,

Oases!

Deadly Moving Traps

By the hand of Sahat torchlight ripples through a deep sandstone corridor. Sand falls from the ceiling, sweat collects on their faces, and yet each he and Csaba press their bodies against the golden walls, ... "Be careful where you step in these places, what killed a thief long ago will kill one today..." he motions towards a well hidden trap in the sandstone behind a ratty tapestry.

jj.pngd.pngddbetter.png

Some of what awaits in our First Major Update,
Take Care

Attachments

Tales of the Desert

Night is over the desert. Amidst the dunes can be seen a glow of red; a campfire cackling under the dark blue canvas of the sky... the camels sleep standing and the father and boy whisper to not stir their beasts... "another one father, tell me!" Sahat reclines further against his pack with his knowing grin "mmm another ehh.. well it will cost you", he eyes their camels Azil and Nefer over his shoulder, "... at morning you must set bit and saddle of not only your Azil but my Nefertiti as well". The boy's face wavering in uncertain dread, then flashing suddenly to a gleam of white teeth tells the father accord is met. "Hmmm these sands contain truth and fiction the same, often what is thought as truth is fiction, and what is believed imaginings reality, which would you care to hear of..." The boy gives a whispered shout "Either!" ... Sahat turns his eyes to his forehead and then back to the fire and begins "Near the..."

ss.png

Stories await in our First Major Update,
Dura Staff

Look there... the sands... they move..

Sahat and Csaba tread quietly under a vaulted ceiling in a great, long lost tomb. The place is deathly silent; they are so far below ground there is no sound of wind from the outside, no step of bedouin or traveler could ever reach them here. The absence of sound is matched equally by the unending dark save the torchlight Sahat leads them with. Csaba reaches into his pocket for something and then-- a low toll seems to reverberate up through the bowels of the place. Almost impercetibly the ground begins to vibrate under their feet... Sahat wheels round and begins to peer everywhere round them, his eyes darting from to pillar to pillar, the walls begin to shudder, the floor grows to groans and rumbles. Csaba clings terrified to his father's robes-- suddenly Sahat catches sand grains pebbling his shoulder from above and as a scimitar's flash reaches down and heaves Csaba on his shoulder and runs full to the nearest wall. And then it is heard as much as felt: a great battering of dense rocky crashes spanning a volley of seconds until it goes calm. Now with his back against the wall Csaba raises himself above his father's arm that shielded him and sees from the spot they just stood an immense heaving mass of stone and debris with a fresh cloud of dust diffusing around it.

A changing world. With the update The Kha'labal a new system is introduced: Dynamic World

aaa.png
ccc.png

No step is certain in our First Major Update,
Dura Staff

Can we expect a EU world in the near future? I have 200ms on the current one.

Pharaohs and Treasure

To his eyes light has been forgotten and his feet have now learned the meaning of trudge. Down, down, down they have plunged... if they were not underground Csaba would think his father is leading him down the Kha'zeel. But now.. now.. how it is worth it... When their destination has been met Csaba's eyes need not light for the shine of gold dresses every hall. Never has he seen so much treasure. Everywhere it is laid out as grass covers the banks of the river. It is more than his dreams have seen, but wait now... For as Csaba marvels Sahat is vigilant to their entry. Their presence cannot be unknown for ever, Sahat already aims to filch only a couple articles that would fetch a good price when it is heard... Down a near hall the sound of a scratch'ed gurgling, it grows.. it moves towards them. Sahat turns round to collect Csaba and retreat but as he does he sees Csaba has left his side, allured by the treasure the boy has gone to a corner of jewels and gold buried in a tower of sand. Sahat bolts towards the boy but he cannot rouse him, and the gurgling is getting louder-- Sahat twists him by the arm round and suddenly Csaba sees his father's face glowering down at him with eyes like a vulture, creased rigid every lineament, seeming a villain ready to kill him. Gurgling now finds Csaba's ears for the first time and he takes his gaze to the hall and then snaps it back to his father and his keeper motions him to retreat and so the boy does and father follows.

New monsters and dangers await to be discovered...

as.png

q.png

qr.png

Living death in our First Major Update,
Dura