• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Element % buff spell

demon088

#088 in the Horde
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OtLand!
I've searched for a spell that buffs the player increasing the elemental protection of the user. Is this spell possible on lua, or could I need to compile this kind of parameters?
Thanks for the help!

Hello OtLand!
I've searched for a spell that buffs the player increasing the elemental protection of the user. Is this spell possible on lua, or could I need to compile this kind of parameters?
Thanks for the help!
More information like the server version would be helpful. But adding this functionality if it does not already exist would be better handled in the sources as opposed to a script because it would work faster and be less prone to errors not to mention the work involved might be much simpler. But not all ideas require a source edit.

Possible in lua with creaturescripts: onStatsChange
So, it will work with 0.3.5 and higher

1. script check if player have storage id, or any your condition with subid
2. if yes - this means shield in up - then
3. script grab damage taken value
4. reducing that value by your %
5. do reduced value as undefined damage

And ofc onCastSpell what will just only add that storage or condition with subid.

And ofc onCastSpell what will just only add that storage or condition with subid.
Thanks for the insight, if the scripts spans across several aspects of the server then a source edit would simplify this process because of the tedious nature of it all. Having the apply it to several spells and such if called for that. Very few servers have a handful of spells and the majority of developers I am sure would enjoy a simpler method of implementing a new concept. I myself would apply a patch in the source instead of writing a script but hey do what works for you. :)

I have TFS 1.2. I think I could use those functions you mentioned, but I don't have the knowledge to build this script.

Thanks for the insight, if the scripts spans across several aspects of the server then a source edit would simplify this process because of the tedious nature of it all. Having the apply it to several spells and such if called for that. Very few servers have a handful of spells and the majority of developers I am sure would enjoy a simpler method of implementing a new concept. I myself would apply a patch in the source instead of writing a script but hey do what works for you. :)

Do you know what do I need to change in my sources to make this possible? I don't really know about editing sources. I did it but with a tutorial. xD NEWBIE!

Thanks for the help guys! :)

Back