• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Elime's NPC Editor

I have found a problem on the Linux version. Modal windows does not work correctly and it seems to be a problem with the Linux version of java. Will see what I can do about it.

So if you are on Linux and did something making a dialog box appear, do not click the main frame in the background! This will make the dialog box hide behind the main frame and lock the application. =P

This problem does not exist on the Windows and OSX version.

This modla window problem on linux seems to depend on the window manager. The problem only occurs using Gnome 3 for me.

Added a hotfix to the linux version addressing the modal window bug. It's now on version 1.0_1.

A very good looking, simple and useful tool. Thanks a bunch for sharing this! ;)
I would really love to get my hands on the source to add more specific features that fulfill my server's needs. Will you ever release this Elime? o_O

Mind sharing the source code?
And one thing id like to know is if its posible to export the npc only after you have created the outfit and colors on the npc?
Is it also posible to use 2 greeting messages? Ex. one during the time you are doing the missions and one when the missions are done or does the user have to do that themself via lua after the npc has been generated?
Could you also show a pic of the "after" including both the xml and lua file.
Gonna try this out when I start working on the summer update once the premmy players gets access.

A very good looking, simple and useful tool. Thanks a bunch for sharing this! ;)
I would really love to get my hands on the source to add more specific features that fulfill my server's needs. Will you ever release this Elime? o_O
I would like to share it, but I have gotten my software stolen renamed and reuploaded before. And as if that wasn't enough I got accused of stealing the software lol. I was thinking I should release it when I don't feel like updating it anymore? I'm not sure. I know how annoying it can be to not be able to read the source code. =P

What kind of features is it that you need? Maybe I can make it more customizable?

And one thing id like to know is if its posible to export the npc only after you have created the outfit and colors on the npc?
You can save the NPC just using the 'Basic' page. If you for example leave 'This NPC can sell items' unchecked, there won't be any code for selling items generated.

Is it also posible to use 2 greeting messages? Ex. one during the time you are doing the missions and one when the missions are done or does the user have to do that themself via lua after the npc has been generated?
I believe there can only be one greeting message in the xml file. So yes, you will have to do this i lua.

Could you also show a pic of the "after" including both the xml and lua file.
Not sure what you are asking for. A picture of the code generated?

This NPC Editor does not generate lua files. Only xml files.

I would like to share it, but I have gotten my software stolen renamed and reuploaded before. And as if that wasn't enough I got accused of stealing the software lol. I was thinking I should release it when I don't feel like updating it anymore? I'm not sure. I know how annoying it can be to not be able to read the source code. =P

What kind of features is it that you need? Maybe I can make it more customizable?

I perfectly understand if you don't want to share it Elime, it's your work. :) I was hoping to add my custom quest system to this tool. Since this is something unique for my server it would be a bad idea to add it to the public version of this awesome tool. :p

You can save the NPC just using the 'Basic' page. If you for example leave 'This NPC can sell items' unchecked, there won't be any code for selling items generated.

I believe there can only be one greeting message in the xml file. So yes, you will have to do this i lua.

Not sure what you are asking for. A picture of the code generated?

This NPC Editor does not generate lua files. Only xml files.

Oh tought it generated both the lua and xml code. Nvm then.

I am using a Avesta distro for 7.40, can I use this tool? Will it support my version?

I am using a Avesta distro for 7.40, can I use this tool? Will it support my version?

Nevermind, I didn't get it to work properly. Any way to get it to work?
Sorry for double posting.

Nevermind, I didn't get it to work properly. Any way to get it to work?
Sorry for double posting.
Sorry for not answering, I have been on vacation. =P

I think it uses slightly different parameters. What problems did you encounter exactly?

Back