• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Encryption.. Possible?

Thyrelia

Idea Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OTlanders,

Is there any good way of encrypting OTClient files and still be able to load the necessary files such as Data/Modules?

I've tried to use a "packer" but the client could not load the necessary files in the encrypted Data/Modules folders nor the init.

Would be greatfull for any kind of help!

Sincerly, Kalle.

search for virtualization tools like molebox.
It can create a "exe" of all your client files (including your folders) and it's VERY VERY VERY hard to reverse this processes if you do it correctly.

Another common way is to zip all your config files (dat/modules) with .rar and change the format upon converting. This will create a single file besides your client and you just have to change in the location folder (init.lua if I'm not mistaken to the name and format of this new file)

It can create a "exe" of all your client files (including your folders) and it's VERY VERY VERY hard to reverse this processes if you do it correctly.

Another common way is to zip all your config files (dat/modules) with .rar and change the format upon converting. This will create a single file besides your client and you just have to change in the location folder (init.lua if I'm not mistaken to the name and format of this new file)

I'll be checking it out thank you Night Wolf for your suggestion!

does this method work with the edubart otclient?

molebox can be easly ignored, i'be breaking a lot of sprs&dat with that encryption, try to use enigma virtual box and for godness sake do not try to crack the program, if you want to protect your info investment is your only choise....

I'm not sure if this is the case, but you can run cmd, enter the path and add --encrypt to the exe file, example: otclient_dx.exe --encrypt

Back