• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

End of Botting Era soon?;

Once people move on, they don't generally come back unless something drags them back, and the removal of all botters will never happen for their profits sake.

Most botters would come back and play fairly.
I am, for example, one. I botted for 2 years then I stopped 2 days after CipSoft introduced the auto bot detection. Here I still am, level 94 druid and playing frequently.

Trust me, CipSoft will not go bankrupt, Mirade made a post about a scenario of CipSoft, they said they will be totally fine with all the money they saved up. She said it will last 3 years with low population. But during those years, the game will rise back to prominence if CipSoft removes the anti-cheat measures.

Most botters would come back and play fairly.
I am, for example, one. I botted for 2 years then I stopped 2 days after CipSoft introduced the auto bot detection. Here I still am, level 94 druid and playing frequently.

Trust me, CipSoft will not go bankrupt, Mirade made a post about a scenario of CipSoft, they said they will be totally fine with all the money they saved up. She said it will last 3 years with low population. But during those years, the game will rise back to prominence if CipSoft removes the anti-cheat measures.

Not trying to argue, but as a botter myself, even after being banned I have returned on more than 1 occasion. I haven't played in awhile now, but I doubt the new warnings will really deter botters that much. I never bot 24/7 like some people do (hence why they are trying to get rid of them), but it makes my day easier, especially while I map for the project I'm in.

I'm not saying they will go bankrupt, and I know they never will, but CipSoft likes their profit, hence why they keep adding premium areas.

tibia.com sucks as hell. It's not even fun. CipSoft sucks too. The one who created OT is the real king.

lol

No, the community will find a way to get around this like they always did.

All highs lvls are cheaters:

Lord Paulistinha
Angel of Distans

Etc

They created a good game out of a shit game.

We wouldn't be here if Tibia never existed. It was a matter of minutes from Tibia never ever going online. They went online only for a school project and by surprise, they got a couple people to log on and CipSoft went on from there. So you gotta give some credits to CipSoft.

Cipsoft sure does deserve some credits, but after awhile they don't. They stopped being intrested in what people want, they are constantly focusing on the kids. The kids are their money whores that could donate to practically anything.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that, they don't care about updating the server to it's greatest, even though Tibia grew heavily during the updates that made a great effort on Tibia, they chosen the path of introducing new payment methods.

Take the 'world-transfer' as an example, they're making tons of euro's out of that. I can garantue.

They do not really care about botters, but they have to somehow "show" that they do, else they could easily get 2000 botters / week. ATLEAST.

They can't banish 2000 botters a week, YET.
The system is still a year old, they need more time to develop it and more time to figure out ways to make evidence of people cheating. It takes awhile to actually gather evidence from botters. With the improvement just recently, CipSoft was able to ban 6000 every 11 days. They do care about botters, they do care about their customers, the reason why most proposals were never implemented was because they were whining about an update rather than making suggestions to improve it. Eg: they whine like "REMOVE PLXXXX" instead of being more formal "This is okay, however there can be some changes..." and so forth. World transfer was a great move for CipSoft, it was one of the better updates for many people. It allowed people to finally move from power abuse ridden worlds to optional PVP, it allowed people to move to their designated host country to prevent lags, it allowed people to connect with faraway friends. So, it takes time for CipSoft to find different ways and better ways to collect evidence of botters and soon, they'll be able to banish cheaters on a daily basis. Relax, it takes patience, and patience is virtue.

My oppinion about this crap.

On the world I play, everywhere I go there are botters, seriously, EVERYWHERE. All caves are taken days in future. High-level guilds who dominate the server bots from ss to ss and than other guild member takes spawn. It's almost impossible to get a free, good spawn. There ofc is a tool that detects botters, but that is a question of luck wether u will get banned or not. Since CIP can not afford to ban all botters which is more than half of whole tibia community. Let's be fair, everyone who has at least few brain cells(which is enough to set up bot) is botting. Ofc there are true, fair players that play for fun and they enjoy the game(u rock, pce), but there are not many of them. :( So CIP bans a couple of players in every server to scare us and on latest news they ofc multiple this number with 100 or more.

My oppinion about this crap.

On the world I play, everywhere I go there are botters, seriously, EVERYWHERE. All caves are taken days in future. High-level guilds who dominate the server bots from ss to ss and than other guild member takes spawn. It's almost impossible to get a free, good spawn. There ofc is a tool that detects botters, but that is a question of luck wether u will get banned or not. Since CIP can not afford to ban all botters which is more than half of whole tibia community. Let's be fair, everyone who has at least few brain cells(which is enough to set up bot) is botting. Ofc there are true, fair players that play for fun and they enjoy the game(u rock, pce), but there are not many of them. :( So CIP bans a couple of players in every server to scare us and on latest news they ofc multiple this number with 100 or more :p

Well said, I wouldn't be botting if noone had a bot, I'm doing it becuse people can level as spacerockets with their bot.. And I can't without (Ofc I can sit and hunt rotworms from ss to ss).
They should get more & active GMs and start taking reports again.
So if I go to a spawn that's taken by a botter I just report him and hes gone:)

Well said, I wouldn't be botting if noone had a bot, I'm doing it becuse people can level as spacerockets with their bot.. And I can't without (Ofc I can sit and hunt rotworms from ss to ss).

exactly. And why do you think they don't hire active GM's? Because to create automatic tool is less expensive than hiring real people. It's all about money, it always has been and it always will be :)

There are several reasons why CipSoft can't allow GMs to banish botters.

One is something like this:
First of all, the system gathers evidence of botters and save their name for the day of defeated cheaters.

1. You bot
2. The bot detection system detects you cheating on day 3
3. You continue you botting for 5 days
4. Gamemaster bans you for botting on the 9th day and you have permanent final warning
5. 2 days later, the system finally bans the botters in that span of 11 days, including you.

What happened? Gamemaster banned you and you got final warning, then the system bans you 2 days later, so you got an additional criminal record while being banished, what does that do? Account deletion. This is why the gamemaster system involving botters is flawed.

And @up, Gamemasters don't get paid, they volunteer.

@up

yeh, they don't. I wonder why...

But yeh, the tool is doing it's job great and actually there is no need for gamemasters or other people to check/ban botters.

The Botting Era will never end unless all of the botters are excluded from the game. Then, eventually, Tibia will shut down.

The Botting Era will never end unless all of the botters are excluded from the game. Then, eventually, Tibia will shut down.

Lol, stop going with the propaganda that the defeated botters are whining about. If all the botters are deleted, CipSoft is NOT going to shut down. CipSoft has collected more money than they ever had from character world transfers and it would keep them alive for years to come. You sound like a fool when you say that.
Use some brain before you say something stupid.

Back