• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

End of Botting Era soon?;

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
A couple of days ago, the product managers of Tibia and the managing directors of CipSoft called us community managers to a meeting to announce the latest management decisions concerning our fight against cheating - a topic which has become pretty controversial within the community shortly after the publication of our featured article "Where Will Cheaters Go From Here?" in January 2009. A lot of time has passed since then, but this time has not been wasted.

Until the present day, a huge amount of data about cheaters in Tibia has been collected, analysed, evaluated and reevaluated. Only recently, this whole process has reached a point when sufficient statistical information was accumulated which allowed to draw comprehensive and truly reliable conclusions about the cheating situation, and to plan our next strategic steps. The first steps are taking effect straightaway:

Improved detection

Thanks to the detailed analyses of the past months, the efficiency and power of our automatic detection tool was significantly improved. This enhancement instantly resulted in a remarkable boost of detections: Today, 16,598 Tibia accounts have been excluded from the game for using unofficial software to play during the last couple of weeks.

Permanent final warnings

From now on, there will be permanent punishments for all players who gained permanent advantages through the act of cheating which includes the use of unofficial software to play, account sharing and account trading. As many of you have requested in the past, every single account which is identified for having cheated will now get a permanent final warning that does not vanish any more after 6 months. Also, all accounts which currently have a final warning due to the use of unofficial software to play, account sharing or account trading will not lose this warning either. In case of any further rule violation that would lead to a banishment, accounts with a permanent final warning will be automatically deleted without any prior warning.

These two adjustments of our anti-cheating policy sound the bell for the next round of our fight against cheating. At this point, we would like to thank all of our fair players for your unbelievable amount of patience, your commitment to Tibia and your amazing support during the past months. We owe you a lot.

Play fair everyone!
Your Community Managers

I LOVE IT! Time to kick those motherfuckers in the ass.

Right...

Personally I would prefer having actual HUMANS doing the banning of bots (Aka. GameMasters), rather than having an "Automated tool" that automatically banishes botters, a tool that may or may not be accurate.

Right...

Personally I would prefer having actual HUMANS doing the banning of bots (Aka. GameMasters), rather than having an "Automated tool" that automatically banishes botters, a tool that may or may not be accurate.

Would you rather get banned by a GM that hates you or bans you unjustifyingly then you have no way to complain about it? Sucks.

none of my friends that are cavebotting ever got banned this way o_O

Well only Ng users or players that use elfbot with NO depositer got banned.

People who botted with Elfbot+depositer dident get banned

this is just deepshit fake. there is no fucking auto-detection bot thing.

Well, if it is real then it's about time to get all those fucking botters out of tibia once and for all (less br's, pl's)
Although BR's basically are born-to-bot <it's their legacy>

They will never be able to stop botters, simply because we are better than them. Not only are we capable of ruining the game on 1v1 levels with other players (ie cavebotting caves, elfbot to pvp), but if the botting community ever got stopped in their tracks, I'm sure someone would start a massive DDoS attack on Tibia, in a magnitude they have never seen before, ruining the game for everyone.

Besides, the botting community is like 3/4 of the entire populace, so really they are just killing themselves.

They will never be able to stop botters, simply because we are better than them. Not only are we capable of ruining the game on 1v1 levels with other players (ie cavebotting caves, elfbot to pvp), but if the botting community ever got stopped in their tracks, I'm sure someone would start a massive DDoS attack on Tibia, in a magnitude they have never seen before, ruining the game for everyone.

Besides, the botting community is like 3/4 of the entire populace, so really they are just killing themselves.

What a cool bunch of people. You can't cheat, so you ruin the game for everyone else

Not saying botters are bad, but the way you portrayed yourself is stupid.

this is just deepshit fake. there is no fucking auto-detection bot thing.

nups they have a bot detector thats true but i didnt get banned when i botted with ng ;o

anyway i think this is just another way cipsoft tries to scare all botters off

What a cool bunch of people. You can't cheat, so you ruin the game for everyone else

Not saying botters are bad, but the way you portrayed yourself is stupid.

+1, the other day a botter got owned on TibiaCast :)
Got trapped, ran outta spears, pots, Dead (Lost lvl 45->43, Pally Arm, Boh, C Legs, Royal Helm, Demon shield, 6k Cash)

I must say, Owned ^^

lols... they are teh fake.
They say this every now and then... another empty threat i think. I will keep botting :>

dude, may of my friends have been caught in ban waves, even a guy wasn't eve afk, he tried a cash-bot for like 2 hours, and then turned it off, next wave he was banished.

Auto tool is not fake, people are just too naive to believe in it..

nups they have a bot detector thats true but i didnt get banned when i botted with ng ;o

anyway i think this is just another way cipsoft tries to scare all botters off

no they dont. they have bought a part of tibiabot and they are allowed to see all emails, so they are getting ips illigal and checking if they have been online for some time.

Back