• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ Error compile

Igor Santos213

Reaction score
good night, when I try to compile my source it gives the following error at the end:

1> LINK: fatal error LNK1181: can not open input file 'lua51.lib'

I am trying to compile an otx with mscv 2010

u need to inlude thelibrary directory on visual studio, thats why it cant find the .lib file
linker->general->additional lib dir

Visual_studio_librarydirectories.png

I have already done this, in lib it does not have the moon51.lib, must be why it is not finding would it have to download?
never heard of moonlib51.lib if u have the time please try to compile it again and post the entire error log mvs produce, i think u have a problem somewhere else, visual studio is funny that way, sometimes it produce an error based on another one without a link to what caused it, only link to what actualy isnit a error

@theru

Imgur

only have this error

well as i stated prev ure missing lualib.51 and lib directoru and lualib51 as lib input, also make make sure ure using the right verson for your projeect x64 or 32

this might help?
Compiling - 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'lua5.1.lib'

Compiling - 64x MSVS 2012 - Missing Lua5.1, nearly completes compiling!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-lnk1181-error-message-when-you-build-a-manag

if i were u, i would check if the lib is there and dos exist(correct path and name) and it points to right directory, if not fix it and it might solve your issue, if that dosnt work, see thoose links i posted ,some had same problem as u here on otland, u can try that to ^^.
i really hope this will fix your problem :)

Back