• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Error while compiling OTC

suicunei

Solutions
Reaction score
The title can say what's my problem by itself, however I'm getting more than 400 warning messages while I try to compile the latest version of OTC by edubart.

I've just downloaded the libraries with the boosts, set the sdk and boosts environments and began the compiling process, but in the process I got more than 500 warning messages(yes, I'm compiling while i'm writing this post) nad this is very owful, and everyone that doesn't know just a little bit about compiling on msvc and about otc will get worried, so, what can I do? I don't know how to copy 600 warning messages from the msvc...

Can someone help?
@Summ
@edubart

@Ziker

I tried to compile it again and got all this messages:
attached - waarnings.txt

I use exactly the same files that edubart provides in his github:
source - https://github.com/edubart/otclient/archive/master.zip
SDK libs and Boosts - GitHub - conde2/otclient-sdk: This repository contains the SDK-Libraries for the OTClient Project

I don't even know from where I start to solve it, if u or somebody else could do it, I really thank you xD

if u download the files(source, sdk, boosts(inside the sdk folder) and the warnings.txt) u will be able to see what warnings I got, and maybe help me xD

And no, i don't get any errors, just warnings, and finishing the compilation process I try to execute the otclient.exe and it asks for some dll's, but when i download a compiled build from summ's post, it stars normally...

Attachments

@Ziker

I tried to compile it again and got all this messages:
attached - waarnings.txt

I use exactly the same files that edubart provides in his github:
source - https://github.com/edubart/otclient/archive/master.zip
SDK libs and Boosts - GitHub - conde2/otclient-sdk: This repository contains the SDK-Libraries for the OTClient Project

I don't even know from where I start to solve it, if u or somebody else could do it, I really thank you xD

if u download the files(source, sdk, boosts(inside the sdk folder) and the warnings.txt) u will be able to see what warnings I got, and maybe help me xD

And no, i don't get any errors, just warnings, and finishing the compilation process I try to execute the otclient.exe and it asks for some dll's, but when i download a compiled build from summ's post, it stars normally...

Sorry, don't have Windows. But I did use the same sources to compile on linux (got some warnings) and it works fine. If you get missin dlls errors, just put missing dlls in folder where otclient.exe is?

Sorry, don't have Windows. But I did use the same sources to compile on linux (got some warnings) and it works fine. If you get missin dlls errors, just put missing dlls in folder where otclient.exe is?

but i downloaded the client.exe by Summ, didn't put any dll in the folder and it worked fine, when I did the same with the .exe that I compiled, I got dll error. why?

but i downloaded the client.exe by Summ, didn't put any dll in the folder and it worked fine, when I did the same with the .exe that I compiled, I got dll error. why?
I've never used his compiled versions, but maybe in his builds libraries are linked statically (meaning they're embedded within the .exe file). This you'd have to ask Summ about.

Back