• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Error while loading items

mrevib

Reaction score
I have this error:

80XDp24.png

How to fix it ?

On CMD the same error.
I did not edit anything.
Another items.otb - the same error

Then try the XML validator, it's one of those 2 unless you have a bugged source code.
Take an SS of the CMD in that case.

Then try the XML validator, it's one of those 2 unless you have a bugged source code.
Take an SS of the CMD in that case.

Its more items.otb I think, cause items xml are loaded later, and there should be console output before loading items.xml

@onTopic
Try to recompile the whole project.

@Edit
Oh, you're totally right! Didn't saw that.

Last edited:
Its more items.otb I think, cause items xml are loaded later, and there should be console output before loading items.xml

@onTopic
Try to recompile the whole project.

Both of them can give this "crash issue".
forgottenserver/otserv.cpp at 29752b6a3072cda308797c92948570bd43256897 · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub

If the OTB is bad, it might print the error message (should atleast show up if you use CMD)
If the OTB is fine the same thing could happen but with the XML.

And the items.otb and items.xml you are running are from the .zip you downloaded?
Because the last update to 1.2 was 11 months ago, so it will work if you compile that source code and use the default datapack that comes with the .zip

I don't think it's your computer since it can load vocations.xml and config.lua.

Yeah, items.otb and items.xml from .zip
Everything from .zip

It .exe from here:
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/releases/download/v1.2/theforgottenserver-v1.2-win64.zip
work on this datapack.

This .exe weighs 2601kb
My, after compilation 2608kb

Maybe any other source code ?

Well it could be that you compiled as 32bit or w/e that could change the size.
But does none of them work? And you are 100% that you havn't changed something in the folder data before starting?

Back