• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Estonia] Whi World Beta 0.1.5.8 [Client 10.77][new content!]

Are you going to try this server?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Server is down? just loads a char list forever for me
nop, has been online entire this time.

You either tried to log in while server was cleaning (every hour there is 1 minute cap, where players cant log in)
or you miss-spelled the address for ip-changer.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.4 HOTFIX
characters are now saved silently every 15minutes.
Server save happens every 3 hours.

1. Monsters:
Bandit Shaman: Heal aura buffed. previously healed [200] hp, now heals [math.floor(225+300*scale*25/100)] hp. (scale = how many enemies nearby)
Bandit Shaman: Blue tears heal from [300] to [500] now.
Bandit Sorcerer: fireball deals more damage and delay is reduced by 0.5 seconds.

2. Map:
Fixed ladder in Hehemi.

3. Items:
Iron Hammer: drop chance is reduced from [15%] to [7%]
Genso Fedo:
Item effect nerfed. Before: [heal yourself by 10 hp elemental damage on you doesn't take hp] Now: [heal yourself by 10 and remove 5 barrier if elemental damage on you doesn't take hp]

fixed BUG where:
player was not able to cast !godhammer (tutorial spell)
Choosing vocation did not teach spell to player.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.5

1. Monsters:
add new semi-boss: borthonos

2. Map:
added Boss Room to Hehemi.

3. Items:
Iron Hammer: iron hammer charges are reduced from [3] to [2]
new items:
critical block stone
- upgrade stone
yashinuken -
weapon (wand)
immortal kamikaze - weapon(wand)
purifying mallet - weapon(melee)
piece of steel
- tool
plank - building material
nail - building material

4. Spells:
heal: manacost increased from [25] to [30]
heal:
healamount reduced from [L*15 + mL*10 + 50] to [L*12 + mL*10 + 50]
shiver:
manacost increased from [10] to [12]
heat: manacost increased from [10] to [12]

fixed BUG where:
sometimes player was able to get into monster friendlist and then monster started buffing or healing players.

I've just played for testing, but whoaw dude, that Tutorial, impossible as knight.

yeah it's really hard as a knight and you can't get to the archer stone

Server is meant to be really hard, it's not impossible cause my friend did it.

from what i understand is, spam ur def spell -> everytime u hit it take a step or 2 away from it and you avoid damage sometimes

Server is meant to be really hard, it's not impossible cause my friend did it.

from what i understand is, spam ur def spell -> everytime u hit it take a step or 2 away from it and you avoid damage sometimes
I had to do the trick, kill as mage, then die and pick knight vocation.

When are you planning for a release?
release is planned for next year, but I keep uptadeing my server quite often, because this is my life now :D

I will try to make the beta as amazing, fun and challenging as possible.

Next update will be Client and sourcecode update.
The main reason is to fix diagonal moving. (diagonal moving create heavy lag like experiences and that make the tutorial dummy harder than it should be)
but it might fix the nonstop crashing on player relog too.

I am aware that knights are very hard compare to other classes in tutorial, but it also shows that you need to play perfect in game too at start.
I rather let player give up trying knight in tutorial than let him waste days on trying to farm items before he understands, this vocation is not for him.
Knights are hardest vocation at start, but they have steep balance curve what pays off when you start touching the breaking points.

I currently have no clue, how strong can knights be with best gear and skillpoints compared to any other vocation.

Last big patch (0.1.3) strongest players with max stats and gear were both mages and in current patch i'm the only person with best geared as knight (im only missing new weapon, better boots and new rune), but i haven't completed any missions and quest so my power in damage is lacking.

I pulled off my highscore statistics (i have them implemented, but not displayed yet)
There has been total of 107 Dummy attempts. 73 fails
54 knight tries and 42 fails.

I've just played for testing, but whoaw dude, that Tutorial, impossible as knight.

Indeed, I seen some of his Videos and he went through the tutorial on all his vocations, In each attempt he barely survived. Props for making a difficult server that takes at least a bit of thinking, Though perhaps making it a bit easier for the players. New players don't stick around long if they die at the start.

The start is kind of way too hard as a knight though. Every other voc goes really smoothly but knights get punished for being close combat and have to rely to hit and run with the first spell, which as a knight is the worst thing ever. I'm not saying to keep static or anything but it sure as hell seems like every other voc has a huge advantage over knights simply for the fact that they're long ranged. Knights getting punished for being close combat fighters is a bad thing in my opinion. Maybe have the monsters hit you higher if you stand still if you want a dynamic combat, but as it is now the other vocations have a huge advantage over knights.

Just giving my honest opinion.

The start is kind of way too hard as a knight though. Every other voc goes really smoothly but knights get punished for being close combat and have to rely to hit and run with the first spell, which as a knight is the worst thing ever. I'm not saying to keep static or anything but it sure as hell seems like every other voc has a huge advantage over knights simply for the fact that they're long ranged. Knights getting punished for being close combat fighters is a bad thing in my opinion. Maybe have the monsters hit you higher if you stand still if you want a dynamic combat, but as it is now the other vocations have a huge advantage over knights.

Just giving my honest opinion.
Knights will balance out eventually, when they start getting items.
On next patch I retest all Tutorial fights, because moving diagonally shall be smoother.

Currently all Dummy fights for me are easy, but I probably buff the armorup spell duration by second or 2. (and reduce the scale with magic level, this can be too op xD and pretty much 100% manafree + free heal spell with combinations of new items)

The best way to fight with knight in tutorial right now is:
1. stand diagonally between obstacles so if you step back dummy has to make diagonal move, to go after you.
2. only let him hit you when your armor is up.
3. push skeleton tile back when your armor goes down.
4. walk few tiles back to find next good pos to wait for dummy and armorup cooldown.

Knights getting punished for being close combat fighters
It might feel like that, but other vocations are even worse in close combat.
Knight rely alot on first items. Because knight passive is: You have 50% more armor than your total armor.
armor reduces the average physical damage by 0.5 for each armor value your player has.
Which makes it possible to take 0 dmg when breakpoint is reached.

but as it is now the other vocations have a huge advantage over knights.
I wait for skilltree before I start balancing vocations again.

Though perhaps making it a bit easier for the players. New players don't stick around long if they die at the start.
The tutorial is there to keep away players who doesn't think getting killed is fun.

If I make tutorial easy, then the same players just play on my server a bit more longer before they quit, because past 10 minutes he has died 10 times by deer or something.

I rather save his time by giving him brick wall to overcome and teach him, what does his spell and weapon do.
Also player can change vocation only in tutorial room whenever he wants, its no longer possible later.

Last edited:
No major updates, but lot of fixes, still not enough I would feel confident to push out new content.
Bumping for players.

I'm planning to gather first team for the Hehemi Quest. If we can we also will stream our adventure on twitchTV.

Date: Monday 20:30 (-2GMT)

I have no clue how to make countdown in website so I'm just going to update the post and website time to time with the information how many hours left before group is being gathered.

Suggested minimum party requirements:
Level 3
Your own food (as much as you can carry!)

Extra:
It would be amazing if you have your own saw/planks, steel/nails.
(because we have to build bridge to even get to quest area)

Countdown: we preparing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back