• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Estonia] Whi World Beta 0.1.5.8 [Client 10.77][new content!]

Are you going to try this server?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to play and stream server again today around 10PM aka in 3 hours and 30minutes.
I will Post the link of stream on my main thread, video thread and here when time comes.

Btw, with the newest tutorial its easier to understand the game so its feels better than before.
But it doesn't mean its easier.

If you reach to dummy room and you cant kill dummy with any vocation after around 3 tries. Well then.. You are not the only one xD
Highscore boards will be added on Patch 0.1.4.8

I suck so hard with php I don't even understand the tutorial.
Its alright though. I can keep editing posts when I do countdowns.
Because it isn't a tutorial and it isn't written by the poster, a tutorial not only shows the end product but explains the production of the product.

PHP only executes on the server if its goal is to send text to the browser then that text is no longer effected by the php script.

If you were to use a pure javascript or jquery counter this counter's time might only be using the users time, I would use an ajax count down as it can request the time of the server without having to refresh the page.

11.10 (sunday) around 21:00 (+2GMT)

Whi World will be streamed once again and we shall do some bosses and maybe even Hehemi quest with new people.

Last edited:
Nop, no patches, Just though I give friendly bump.

Tutorial blows. Died 3x on EK with it. Gave up.

EDIT: ConsCrit

First off onLogin needs to be a window explaining choosing ur voc on the statue.
Also statues are fucked because no pally statue. Also the 3rd statue down is for druid. Yet the uppermost sarcophagus is for druid. How to fix? EASY! Mages can share a sarco since they get same exact EQ. So instead of 3 statues/4 coffins, you make it 4 statues (EACH VOC), 3 coffins (DRUID =/= SORC)

Also remove all the fire fields or atleast put them on top of a stone so that you aren't accidently walking over them. It's also annoying to have 0 speed and have to diagonal for 40 seconds just to get to this OP boss that hits you for more than you can block with a damn leather vest. Either give us more EQ at start, and/or drop that dudes HP/Atk.

Took me a whole 5 minutes to experience this. Another tip is test your server out yourself. You could combat some of these easy ass mistakes just in 5 minutes ;)

Last edited:

First off onLogin needs to be a window explaining choosing ur voc on the statue.
Also statues are fucked because no pally statue. Also the 3rd statue down is for druid. Yet the uppermost sarcophagus is for druid. How to fix? EASY! Mages can share a sarco since they get same exact EQ. So instead of 3 statues/4 coffins, you make it 4 statues (EACH VOC), 3 coffins (DRUID =/= SORC)

Also remove all the fire fields or atleast put them on top of a stone so that you aren't accidently walking over them. It's also annoying to have 0 speed and have to diagonal for 40 seconds just to get to this OP boss that hits you for more than you can block with a damn leather vest. Either give us more EQ at start, and/or drop that dudes HP/Atk.

Took me a whole 5 minutes to experience this. Another tip is test your server out yourself. You could combat some of these easy ass mistakes just in 5 minutes ;)
Although I feel your pain, these suggestions are falling on deaf ears, this "tutorial" of his is not one but he just doesn't seem to understand that.

Although I feel your pain, these suggestions are falling on deaf ears, this "tutorial" of his is not one but he just doesn't seem to understand that.
No i hear them, you are a deaf one here who can't remember any reason why I am not nerfing my tutorial. And it is tutorial, because it explain how to play and gives simple challenges to put it in practice.

If you teleported to vocation room after the "avoid monsters game" you were given introductions what to do next.

Or it might be that your account did not start the tutorial from the beginning. If its so, let me know so I can look into it. Tutorial starts with messages how to move and how to look/use items, etc.
Also statues are fucked because no pally statue.
there is no "pally" statue because there is no hunter class in my game yet.

Also the 3rd statue down is for druid. Yet the uppermost sarcophagus is for druid. How to fix?
This needs no fixing.. this is suppose to be like that, they must put a little more effort into searching stuff.
Share sarcos? no need all vocations get different items.
If I would want it to make easy for players I could simply write a script with few minutes where 1 button click gives everything what your vocation needs, but I am not going easy on my players.

Also remove all the fire fields or atleast put them on top of a stone so that you aren't accidently walking over them.
It used to be so that all fire fields were dangerous, now over half of them has stones under them.. The fact that you already hate fields is good sign. Teaches you to avoid them early on.

It's also annoying to have 0 speed and have to diagonal for 40 seconds just to get to this OP boss that hits you for more than you can block with a damn leather vest. Either give us more EQ at start, and/or drop that dudes HP/Atk.
If you learned anything from tutorial then it taught that if you left+click on a tile it will move there. The further away you plan your movement, the faster you get there.
I wanted to disable all kinds of negative penalties from diagonal movement, but this is client sided, so for now first diagonal movement on each move command will be slow. Rest of them have no penalties.

I am not going to lower boss hp or attack nor give players more equipment. Right now I need good players who actually can test the game, you are no use for me if you can't progress in my game. It will save mine and your time if you can't handle a simple tutorial.

Although next update the Dummy HP will be reduced every time you die, but get Dummy HP under 50%. So if you are persistent and eager to learn the game, fine I will let you try the server.

I have tested the tutorial balance lot of times with all chars.
Played trough the new tutorial and no new bugs found.
Even tested if there is 2 dummies, With Druid and mage its possible.. So I'm not sure where you going at.
Although I have realized that OTLand is not the place to find testers, because most of you have came from Tibia which is horribly easy game and if things get little more harder lot of you just give up.

Like I said to Codex I will say to you too.
You can check back to game around patch 0.2+
Then I will start working on Whi World Client and remove all the useless things and improve the overall character controlling systems.

Then this server will get times easier, because you no longer need 3 hands to play.

As for now, I will be only bug fixing tutorial if any found, next huge improvement will come on patch 0.1.7 after hunter class (vocation) is released.

"This is hardcore server, not for noobs" (C) Whitevo.

We'll see. This will be my last post on this thread, because I already get that vibe from this response quoted under me.

MY RESPONSES ARE BOLDED
No i hear them, you are a deaf one here who can't remember any reason why I am not nerfing my tutorial. And it is tutorial, because it explain how to play and gives simple challenges to put it in practice.

If you teleported to vocation room after the "avoid monsters game" you were given introductions what to do next.

I spawned at the location pictured below. My first descion-making process was that of choosing my vocation:
19:39 Hunter first spell slows target. Statue outside of the wall.
19:39 Knight first spell reduces physical damage. TOP STATUE
19:39 Mage first spell deals energy damage front of you. MIDDLE STATUE
19:39 Druid first spell heals yourself. BOTTOM STATUE

Top sarcophagus is for druids. The point I'm making is why the hell would you have to 'search' for a sarcophagus, it's pointless and dumb. And when I said druid/sorc could share a chest is because they both receive a BLUE BAG, CRYSTAL WAND AND LEATHER ARMOR.

7075a19c78af9484f98b8bde77615974.png

02c24ac482881003a88bc1c5728f1c5f.png

Or it might be that your account did not start the tutorial from the beginning. If its so, let me know so I can look into it. Tutorial starts with messages how to move and how to look/use items, etc.

NOPE Started on the tile in the first screenie. And the first thing players see is the "tutorial" and you're telling me you don't know where it starts? First impressions bro.

there is no "pally" statue because there is no hunter class in my game yet.

This needs no fixing.. this is suppose to be like that, they must put a little more effort into searching stuff.
There is a need. Just admit fault and fix bro. There's no way in here the other two allowed vocs are right next to theres yet druids are all the way up north.
Share sarcos? no need all vocations get different items.
If I would want it to make easy for players I could simply write a script with few minutes where 1 button click gives everything what your vocation needs, but I am not going easy on my players.

It used to be so that all fire fields were dangerous, now over half of them has stones under them.. The fact that you already hate fields is good sign. Teaches you to avoid them early on.

They damage you for 400HP per hit out of a 1000HP char with 0 regen.

If you learned anything from tutorial then it taught that if you left+click on a tile it will move there. The further away you plan your movement, the faster you get there.
I wanted to disable all kinds of negative penalties from diagonal movement, but this is client sided, so for now first diagonal movement on each move command will be slow. Rest of them have no penalties.

NO TUTORIAL BROHAM

I am not going to lower boss hp or attack nor give players more equipment. Right now I need good players who actually can test the game, you are no use for me if you can't progress in my game. It will save mine and your time if you can't handle a simple tutorial..

YOUR GAME IS NO USE TO US IF WE CAN'T TEST DUH.

Although next update the Dummy HP will be reduced every time you die, but get Dummy HP under 50%. So if you are persistent and eager to learn the game, fine I will let you try the server.

I'm pretty sure the
  • Registered accounts: 186
Were all eager to help, yet the
Is due to your inability to handle criticism.

I have tested the tutorial balance lot of times with all chars.
Played trough the new tutorial and no new bugs found.
Even tested if there is 2 dummies, With Druid and mage its possible.. So I'm not sure where you going at.

I'm saying the only thing a knight does is attack close combat, so with a leather vest as protection and a weapon that has far less DPS than the skeleton, not to mention the whole 1000 HP vs Skeletorz 3k~? I'm no match. My spell to "armor up" lasts for 2 seconds roughly and has a cooldown of 12 seconds? Well if the math is correct, I'm dead before I can even use it again... I hope you understand what I'm saying cause I can't dumb it down any further.

Although I have realized that OTLand is not the place to find testers, because most of you have came from Tibia which is horribly easy game and if things get little more harder lot of you just give up.

Your game is based off a horribly easy game, and unless you rewrite everything, the mechanics WILL be the same.

Like I said to Codex I will say to you too.
You can check back to game around patch 0.2+
Then I will start working on Whi World Client and remove all the useless things and improve the overall character controlling systems.

Then this server will get times easier, because you no longer need 3 hands to play.

You're saying this for what? You're quite arrogant over your simple minded shit. Bruh if yo game took 3 hands your players online would remain at 0 and I can see that's your true goal. 'gg' as it so fluently says upon your death ingame.

As for now, I will be only bug fixing tutorial if any found, next huge improvement will come on patch 0.1.7 after hunter class (vocation) is released.

u have to design servers to make retards understand everything easy sadly

@Call Me Taffy
Ty for responding. Seems there is bug where some new accounts do not start from the beginning of the game.
I will add a temporary fix for that today. So it force teleport players to start of tutorial not in the beginning.
Currently the start position is set in php, which I'm horrible at. And no clue why it somedays works and sometimes not.

Seems my teaser hunter statue is having negative impact.
Next patch I will remove it and bring it back when hunter class can be chosen.

Calm down with the sarcophags they are meant to be like that. In game you will see lot of
missions or quests where you have to try little harder to find things. Nothing will be in convenient order.

Mages get blue bag, druids get green bag.

Yes fields are scary!

If I couldn't handle criticism I would be doing a cash grab server, where all of you can donate for power and content is generated for players so I wouldn't have to restart it so often. But don't worry I'm going to make better game than that.

Next time you use spells look what armorup spell does from spellbook instead of just assuming what it does. (although its quite understandable if you don't know how to open it, because you had to look sign on the wall to get that hint and the previous tutorial practices players to look objects, which unfortunately was skipped for your account.)

armorup second effect: when armor goes down you get short boost of movement speed.
This dummy fight is designed so you would have to take advantage of this effect.
How Dummy fight should be for Knights: you fight dummy when your armor is up, you run from dummy when its down.

The thing is. I have scripted everything I can. This server is FAAAR from tibia. Every single attack goes trough 5-10 creatureScripts before the final result is shown to players.
Every single spellCast is going throw several functions before the spell final effect takes place.
There is almost nothing original left from normal tibia expect client and sprites.

This post is made from phone, but hope you understand for what I responded each of these paragraphs.

Last edited:
Temporary fix has been made for tutorial.
If your character is level 1 and has not started tutorial from the beginning, you will be teleported at the beginning of tutorial.
I will stay online today as long as i can and check time to time if someone is trying to do the tutorial.

>Patch 0.1.4.7.4 notes<

That is one big update.
Highscores added. Which adds a little competition already.
Gems improved. What are so unique, that can be called as new items what don't require slots (and i got 6 of em!)
Reputation systems added. While you doing practically anything you gain reputation too which unlocks even more stuff to do. Progress in every step!
Challenge event added. You think you have mastered Whi World? Pfft think again.. Show us how many waves you can last in challenge events. (currently 1 zone unlocked, more will be added as game updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back