• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Estonia] Whi World Beta 0.1.5.8 [Client 10.77][new content!]

Are you going to try this server?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4 completed

This will conclude the new content things.
Lot of errors have been fixed and hopefully it will be a smooth ride trough my current beta.

Last edited:
I love how active and progressive you are in terms of your scripting skills as well as the server, but if I may offer some criticism that's personally putting me off real bad about your advertisements and posts (and in that relation, the server itself) is your way of presenting and posting things.

To put it shortly, all your posts here on OTLand look like an unicorn pUkeD them out after a 200 pound meal of skittles

See what I mean?

It's really hard to read and get intrigued by it when it's formatted so randomly (word capitalization, tabbing, colored words, etc.) and for so many amazing features, you display too few (quality, "don't stretch screen") screenshots.

As someone who works closely with graphics and knows how visual presentation affects people's way of thinking, I'd really advise you to invest some time/resources into a logo, header for your posts and some borders for the paragraphs, as well as post more screenshots and use more neutral text coloring (and less of that too).

I'm posting this because I appreciate your effort and it would be bad if more people were turned away from your posts just because of some simple things like that which can be improved easily.

I love how active and progressive you are in terms of your scripting skills as well as the server, but if I may offer some criticism that's personally putting me off real bad about your advertisements and posts (and in that relation, the server itself) is your way of presenting and posting things.

To put it shortly, all your posts here on OTLand look like an unicorn pUkeD them out after a 200 pound meal of skittles

See what I mean?

It's really hard to read and get intrigued by it when it's formatted so randomly (word capitalization, tabbing, colored words, etc.) and for so many amazing features, you display too few (quality, "don't stretch screen") screenshots.

As someone who works closely with graphics and knows how visual presentation affects people's way of thinking, I'd really advise you to invest some time/resources into a logo, header for your posts and some borders for the paragraphs, as well as post more screenshots and use more neutral text coloring (and less of that too).

I'm posting this because I appreciate your effort and it would be bad if more people were turned away from your posts just because of some simple things like that which can be improved easily.

Couldn't agree more. Great informative post Shadowsong

When is the Next update? also when are you going to be adding skilltree?

See what I mean?

I really like your criticism, but I would like to ask some question in return, so I would know exactly what you meant by it.

I am aware that I have started using color codes in all my posts. I actually had real meaning behind it (because my discussion thread is only place where I write my progress if anything), but the color codes I started using got over me and started using them everywhere.

Formally I don't see anything bad about colorful texts, but when I have looked my text trough this difference OTLand layout (black theme) its, well a bit too colorful.
Are you using flexile style or xenFracture Style?

Obviously I don't use the colors the way you described, but sometimes I happen to use them alot.
Specially in my "story" style updates.
The keywords are bolded and colored: blue means players, purple means quests, red means monster names etc.

Of course I could stop doing that, but I want to be sure, what type of post you were talking about, maybe only "story" type posts?: >all of story type post are linked under this post<
Or you also dislike the way give out my patch updates? (Purple patch name, red category, bolded objects)

-----
The reason I'm not posting screenshots or anything what would attract more attention is because of number of reason:
1. lazy - It already takes me 10-60minutes to write the post, because I suck at english and I try to make myself clear. Screenshotting, cutting and explaining my updates would take even more time.
2. future plans - For all the features, I plan to make youtube video tutorial or some kind of sketch. I'm thinking spending extra time to make post about is not needed.
3. I'm satisfied - I don't think I need good advertizing right now, I'm working on server alone ~6-12 hours a day and I could not simply produce content faster anyway.
I'm already happy to have few players playing once per week and for months I have already had somebody to test my latest features or updates. Recently I made new post to speed up the testing (updated TFS) and there were several players who were happy to help test thing out. Amazing!

-----
Making logo or attractive pictures to promote server seems like extra effort to advertize server, but once again, server is like 1% ready, I don't think I would require too much attention right now.
To be honest I think my current content wouldn't even stand more than 20 players playing at the same time xD (although would be interesting to see what does my scaling system has to say about that)
Also I'm hosting from home with 2GB ram computer, I already have some kind of weird lag spikes (I think they come because of my elaborate codes are written in LUA, not in source) no need to make it even worse :D

When is the Next update? also when are you going to be adding skilltree?
hopefully tomorrow 29.07

I don't work on my server on some specific normal worker schedule.
I script when I want and I rest when I want, because this the only thing I'm doing in my life for now and I am the "boss".

For now past 3 days I have been doing a bit more playing and having fun than scripting.

I have skillTree ready, but I have to change the way task master rewards.

Before I get to this taskmaster I currently have unfinished scripts, what I would like to finish.
Making new boss room (its like quest, but its not)
and new solo-boss.
I try to make something very hard and tactical, because lately I have been mostly nerfing monsters.

Last edited:
What we think about solo-boss attempt this weekend?

Maybe this time we get to stream our action. last time we just played 4 of us testing new quest.

to get access to solo-boss we gotta visit borthonos and insect cave entrance.

and after that day next thing added to game shall be new npc's

with most epic npc systems if you have seen out there.

>Patch 0.1.4.4.2 notes<

Also Time has been decided when we gather team again for solo-boss.
Today we gona make stream work, and check few things to assure that the adventure will be bugfree.

Gathering Date: Sunday 20:30 (-2GMT)
Suggested minimum party requirements:
Level 3,
Your own food, (as much as you can carry!)
Can afford at least few empty vials (the more you have the more times you can try solo-boss.) (1 try of solo-boss = 4 vials)

Countdown:
It was a blast! We ended up playing together this time.
But we finally reached to solo-boss room and i was even able to beat it once!! w00t! About that time we had like ~7 viewers I think, so we just did random stuff in our server and somebody from stream joined us and we helped him to make first missions and tasks

Last edited:
>Patch 0.1.4.4.3 notes<

Soon its time to play like pros. Join us or watch us in stream.
I will link the stream on multimedia thread if we start.

IF we reach to solo-boss. Everyone will be streamed 1 by 1 (only 1 player can enter solo-boss room at once anyway)
So the "waiting" will be fun and beneficial :D

I'm planning to gather first team for the Hehemi Quest. If we can we also will stream our adventure on twitchTV.

Date: Monday 20:30 (-2GMT)

I have no clue how to make countdown in website so I'm just going to update the post and website time to time with the information how many hours left before group is being gathered.

Suggested minimum party requirements:
Level 3
Your own food (as much as you can carry!)

Extra:
It would be amazing if you have your own saw/planks, steel/nails.
(because we have to build bridge to even get to quest area)

Countdown: we preparing

https://otland.net/threads/simple-countdown-php-script.87761/

People want, what i can give, but time it takes, what i dont have.
The day will come, im looking the gear of time and cog in my hand.
Soon we see, what brings the future where we can say: this was nice past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom