• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Everyone with "Popular" servers.

rilleman

Reaction score
any tips for me as ive got an rather inactive server, with a maximum of 30 players onine, on how to proceed in order to get a popular server with 150-350 + players?

I have a map that is 75% own made, in my view is nice map. Payers who play on the server do the same. What else can you do?

Very grateful for answers:)

I had the same thing, i had 10 players for almost 2 months, with perfect real-map, all quests, all citys, all spawns Etc.. So a friend compiled for me tfs with spoof +xx players then suddenly i had 140 players daily, and like 50 spoofed only. and record was 120. :p

I guys when people play a server they stick to it if they like it. Obviously none wants to start a server with only 5-10 players on it.

I had the same thing, i had 10 players for almost 2 months, with perfect real-map, all quests, all citys, all spawns Etc.. So a friend compiled for me tfs with spoof +xx players then suddenly i had 140 players daily, and like 50 spoofed only. and record was 120. :p

I guys when people play a server they stick to it if they like it. Obviously none wants to start a server with only 5-10 players on it.

I dont get that? Spoofed players :p what do you mean?

Unfortunaly eternia had almost dayly updates, while he still got few players.

http://eternia.vapus.net

Might be a very good server, however they are advertising for donation with 5 players online, I myself got a rule, don't advertise for donations unless you got at least 100+ players online, because when there are few players online, not many will join, and certainly not many when they enter website and it pops up donation advertisement. :p

There are many players who don't like to donate if it is not necessarily. A server with 5 players online could any computer with ADSL internet connection host without any problems. If the server had 100+ players, players would appreciate donating in order to keep etc dedicated servers online, more hunting grounds, better work from GMs etc. But its not the same with low players.

I'm not criticizing the OT servers donation system, but I think it was enabled a little to early perhaps?

Result: Mostly of the few players who check it out, will deny it and search for another server.

Back