• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Few question with problem about RME

Creater

From 0 to Hero :>
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I make now map with rme from 2016 I think and have got few problems and can't find it anywhere.

Okay so coming to the problem:

1. I merge map from rl to set in different position towns and in few of them I can't going by the ladder or stairs to higher or lower floors. Someone can help me when can I setting how put this position? In properties I can just only put actionid and uniqueid but can't find something like the "destination" the same problem is with teleport.

2. Second problem is I put floor to temple but when I coming to the game I can't walking on this, is like a blocking way and can't making any step to be passing throw the way.

3. I looked on tutorials in otland but don't saw how can I make depo in my town. I put all of the containers on place but when I coming to the game that's is just only like a backpack. Is normal I think 8 place for items but have got like extra space for depo. I hope you know what's I mean.

Thank you for any solutions!

Solution
For the stairs/ladders go in items.xml and make sure all look like this. Change the direction based on which way the stairs are facing.

Code:
<item id="12694" name="hand made stairs">
        <attribute key="floorchange" value="north" />
    </item>

Some ladders may not be in your items.xml, so you will have to add their itemID. You will know if you look at the stairs and it says "item with itemid 1111 please report to a gamemaster" something like that.

For the floor tile make sure there is no action or unique id set to it. If there isn't then its possible the items.otb(server side) and your dat/spr(client side) aren't correct and the items are not registered correctly (so the tile is acting like a wall) I don't think thats the...
Screenshots would help to help you, your english is a bit hard to understand! :)

Sorry mate, that is polish education, quick writing + later alone learning abroad when working with people so gramatic in this language is not my good site 😅

I'll try explain you best how I can because right now I'm not in PC and haven't got access to get screenshot. Anyway I counting time and when I'll come back to home I want continue it.

Sooo..

First thing what is a problem I have got stairs, ladder etc. On my map what not working to send me on higher or lower level and I can't find option where set it to should working. For example. I am in depo and want going by stairs on top but is not reaction and I'm in the same position (read. The same Stairs)

2. I put floor on ground and I can't stepping on this. I walking, walking going to temple where is this floor and this blocking me like be staying there a wall.

3. When I going to depot in city and opening container where should be all items what I can hiding I have got just only space like in backpack what I have got in my inventory, but I haven't got special box for items where can I put inventory to another people not coming and can take it.

I hope so right now you can be understand. 😅
If not so I'll come later to home and send you screenshot. :)

@edit
Maybe I'll write like this:
1. How set ladder/stair etc to destination of place?
3. How add depo to town?

Last edited:
For the stairs/ladders go in items.xml and make sure all look like this. Change the direction based on which way the stairs are facing.

Code:
    </item>

Some ladders may not be in your items.xml, so you will have to add their itemID. You will know if you look at the stairs and it says "item with itemid 1111 please report to a gamemaster" something like that.

For the floor tile make sure there is no action or unique id set to it. If there isn't then its possible the items.otb(server side) and your dat/spr(client side) aren't correct and the items are not registered correctly (so the tile is acting like a wall) I don't think thats the issue but reply with more information.

Solution

Code:
    </item>

For the floor tile make sure there is no action or unique id set to it. If there isn't then its possible the items.otb(server side) and your dat/spr(client side) aren't correct and the items are not registered correctly (so the tile is acting like a wall) I don't think thats the issue but reply with more information.

Yeah, right now that's working, but I have problem because when I using it for ladder to go down that sending me on top. Can you give me advice which atribute key sending player on down?

@Edit

depo.png

@Andréew tha's what I mean with depo. I haven't got this special container for items.

Last edited:
Back