• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

first language you started using...

lets say HTML, then basics of Pascal, Lua and now learning PHP

swedish
english
basic html
german
japanese <-- studying this
bit more html
basic C#
basic php <--- Currently trying to study this one

CSS and HTML is makeup, not programming. Also, javascript, lua, python, php etc is SCRIPTING, not programming (in order to be a programming language the code must compile to binary code before it can be ran).

CSS and HTML is makeup, not programming. Also, javascript, lua, python, php etc is SCRIPTING, not programming (in order to be a programming language the code must compile to binary code before it can be ran).

I'm going to post by followin this post:
C++

I disagree. While scripting languages are a bit easier to use than others, the same programming techniques are used and they are still programming languages.

I would agree that HTML is not a programming language, though.

Also, javascript, lua, python, php etc is SCRIPTING, not programming (in order to be a programming language the code must compile to binary code before it can be ran).
What you're saying is BS.

PHP, Lua, Python, Ruby, Tcl, whatever are programming languages designed for scripting. They are just as Turing complete as C++ or Java (for example) are.

I'm not going to say you're wrong because I dont know.
But, I do see html, php and etc as a language because you do need to study the words and so called 'scripting grammar' and stuff like that.
So it's basicly much like a language.

I'm not going to say you're wrong because I dont know.
But, I do see html, php and etc as a language because you do need to study the words and so called 'scripting grammar' and stuff like that.
So it's basicly much like a language.
But they don't do anything when you try to run them, try doing 1+1 in HTML?

I disagree. While scripting languages are a bit easier to use than others, the same programming techniques are used and they are still programming languages.

I would agree that HTML is not a programming language, though.
scripting language definition of scripting language in the Free Online Encyclopedia.

Some tend to accept calling scripting languages for programming languages, some don't. But since the script don't turn into a "program" it's technicly NOT a programming language (Java and Python are tho accepted under both because they are byte compiled before they can be ran). Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic so I think we shoudl get back on track :)

And it's ok to list scripting languauges here too since people already have done it.

Some tend to accept calling scripting languages for programming languages, some don't. But since the script don't turn into a "program" it's technicly NOT a programming language (Java and Python are tho accepted under both because they are byte compiled before they can be ran). Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic so I think we shoudl get back on track :)
It's interesting how you choose to simply ignore my post pointing out that "scripting languages" are Turing complete. A scripting language is capable of doing "1 + 1", whereas HTML (a markup language) is not.

You have a very strange definition of a "programming language". Even the dictionary page you cited classifies scripting languages as programming languages.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic so I think we shoudl get back on track
You were the one to derail it in the first place with your nonsense.

Back