• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

first language you started using...

IMac

entrepreneur
Reaction score
as the title says what was the first language you started using?

Finnish.

Seriously though, PHP. It's just sad that I learnt to program using one of the worst languages there is.

eAthena NPC scripting language.
(Similar to PERL)

eAthena NPC scripting language.
(Similar to PERL)

lol
I have no idea what eAthena is... I'm guessing a custom language?
But perl sucks.

I learned html,javascript, introductory java, and python.
(In that order. )

Javascript. Unless you count HTML.
I was toying with web development long before I decided to become a real programmer.

Then Java, then QuickBASIC, then C++.

good that u know its a "Chat Client", but hows its scripting "on !1:TEXT:mIRC is a scripting language*:*:/msg $chan $nick not is not"?

well it's a scripting language that's built in the program, just like Lua scripting support is built in OTServ.
Both Lua and MSL are script-level languages and not real programming languages, but Lua is much more powerful :p

good that u know its a "Chat Client", but hows its scripting "on !1:TEXT:mIRC is a scripting language*:*:/msg $chan $nick not is not"?

Did you even read anything in the site, that I linked ? I guess not

lol
I have no idea what eAthena is... I'm guessing a custom language?
But perl sucks.

Indeed, it's a server emulator for Rangarok Online.

The language was used to code NPCs and various other actions in the game (Such as login events, kill events, death events, and more). Not entirely sure what kind of language it was, all I know is that from looking at it, it was a weird mix between PHP, C++, PERL and Basic, lol.

C++ for the basics, then Java for OOP, then C for the real shit.

C++, I gave up after two days. It probably had to do with me just not being ready and because I had a hard time understanding what the book was saying in English.

C++ for the basics, then Java for OOP, then C for the real shit.

saywut?

Java is the best language for instruction on the basic shit, out of the three you mentioned.

C is best for real shit, true. C++ is generally just as good, offers OOP, and also provides features that can be used for RAD; which is a huge plus over C.

Back